1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffy 005 launched - try it out with 3 new Gauntlets!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

I suddenly got that message (probably after a Windows update). Since message said ‘unable to save settings’ I tried running as administrator, and it worked for me.

2. frisbee

frisbee Chieftain

Looks like I'm running in Administrator, but I'm not sure, because this is a Steam app. Once again, no biggie.

3. TruePurple

TruePurple Civ wanna B

How does one import a registry into Linux Wine?

4. Pookie

Pookie Chieftain

You probably need to change the 'Owner' of the Drive.
    In File Manager, select <This PC>, then <right-click> on the relevant Drive, e.g. Local Disk(C:), then select Properties;
    Select the <Security> tab, then click <Advanced>;
    The new window shows the 'Owner' of the Drive - you will probably find that is says 'Trusted Installer'.
    If so, I recommend that you change this to 'Administrators', as follows:
    Select <Change>, then select <Advanced>, then select <Find Now>, then choose <Administrators>, then <OK>,<OK>;
    Make sure that you check the <Replace owner on subcontainers and objects> box, then click <Apply> WARNING - this make take several minutes;
    Also, don't be surprised if you get denied the ability to change ownership of any Anti-Virus files on the drive (hitting <enter>, rather than mouse click helps).

You should now be able to click on the <Read only> attribute of Folders within that drive, and apply a change to Read/Write. WARNING - this may take several minutes.
    WARNING - Bear in mind that the <Read only> attribute will appear to re-apply itself as a small black box if ANY file within that folder is designated Read only - that black box means that SOME, NOT ALL files are read only.

I hope that this helps.

5. Pookie

Pookie Chieftain

6. Pookie

Pookie Chieftain

Furthermore, if Steam lists Civ 4, BtS and Warlords as separate games, you will need to select the Beta Version for each of them in order to get rid of that message.