Bug or Feature?

BunnyWunny

Chieftain
Ok, when another civilization sails their outrigger into my fort, or city, they automatically kill all my Warlord Corporals. They also kill my Warlord Corporals when they even move on to the same water square as a transported Warlord Corporal. Really burned me off :aargh:

I haven't found out if they kill any other "criminal" units or not if the foreign outrigger does that, but I don't think so. The others remained intact. It appears to just be the Warlord Corporals, but I haven't got far enough in V39 to see if future units are also affected this way.

Now that I think about it, I've noticed AI Warlord Chiefs and the like show up as the top defender while being transported aboard ships. Haven't tried attacking them yet though.

Now that I think about it, I've noticed AI Warlord Chiefs and the like show up as the top defender while being transported aboard ships. Haven't tried attacking them yet though.

Try just moving another ship on the same square without attacking, see if their unit dies.

Ok, when another civilization sails their outrigger into my fort, or city, they automatically kill all my Warlord Corporals. They also kill my Warlord Corporals when they even move on to the same water square as a transported Warlord Corporal. Really burned me off :aargh:

I haven't found out if they kill any other "criminal" units or not if the foreign outrigger does that, but I don't think so. The others remained intact. It appears to just be the Warlord Corporals, but I haven't got far enough in V39 to see if future units are also affected this way.

Bug. I'll look into it. I have a pretty good idea of why this is taking place and how to correct it.

The same happens when I move my ship loaded with Stalkers and Ambushers into AI city (Right of Passage, I do not remember if I need to unload the ship): all defenceless AI units like workers, captives and subdued animals get captured.

The same happens when I move my ship loaded with Stalkers and Ambushers into AI city (Right of Passage, I do not remember if I need to unload the ship): all defenceless AI units like workers, captives and subdued animals get captured.

Further interestingness. A change I just made may address that but I'm not sure... I'll have to see if it does and if not I need to widen the scope of my intended rule enforcement.

I would suggest to check if empty ship may capture units in cities/forts as well. BTW: in my present game I lost some captives at a fort and I do not know, why - they seemed to disappear and I forgot to check the log.

S.

I've replicated a portion of what's under discussion here, even with a rule adjustment. I'm a little confused at the moment as to where and how its taking place but I'll hunt the bug down soon since I'm on its trail now.

This is a large interconnected web of bugs is what I'm finding. Numerous little issues exist here and a few, in particular, are driving me crazy. But I'm working on this still and have made a number of breakthroughs already. Still more to go.

Top Bottom