• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Report

I found 2 minor bugs. The first bug was that Napoleon's favourite religion is Christianity but his favourite civic is State Atheism. Both things cannot coexist & Christians do believe on god. His favourite civic could be dictatorship.
The 2nd bug is in the city screen. When I get dozens of resources, I cannot see all resources properly in the city screen. There is a scroll bar but I can't move it up & down.

Yes, State Atheism is probably too strong a notion for Napoleon. Nevertheless, he was a strong opponent of religious institutions, including Christian ones, although not religion itself. He was a Christian, just a very anti-clerical one.

Yes, State Atheism is probably too strong a notion for Napoleon. Nevertheless, he was a strong opponent of religious institutions, including Christian ones, although not religion itself. He was a Christian, just a very anti-clerical one.
State Atheism is an extreme of secularism. I don't think that Napoleon denied God. ;)

Have you discovered a bug?

Please send it with a complete description and a save game before it happens to bugs.totalrealism(at)gmail.com

You can talk and discuss it here additionally!

I installed the complete edition onto my old computer which was running Vista SP2. It had an ASUS Nvidia 8600 card and an ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe mobo with 2gb of ram. After the game was installed I started to play Beyond the Sword. Only a few minutes into the game the graphics went haywire and the computer screen froze. I had to repair the OS before it would reboot. I can't re-install the graphic drivers otherwise the OS freezes and won't boot. The post screen is hard to read as many letters are transposed. I flashed the BIOS but that didn't help so I'm guessing the graphic card is at fault. I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?

Regards Chris

I found a funny bug. I was at war with Abraham Lincoln. He had garrisoned War Elephants in his city & I too had them in my offensive stack. Now elephants of both stacks were suffering from 'Scared horses.'
And 2nd thing I want to request is that those Light Cavlary units are a bit too powerful. They should have a greater penalty against Archers & their bonuses could be tweaked. I once annihilated a whole stack of Greeks by my Mongol Horse Archers & then I ran away. :lol:

I installed the complete edition onto my old computer which was running Vista SP2. It had an ASUS Nvidia 8600 card and an ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe mobo with 2gb of ram. After the game was installed I started to play Beyond the Sword. Only a few minutes into the game the graphics went haywire and the computer screen froze. I had to repair the OS before it would reboot. I can't re-install the graphic drivers otherwise the OS freezes and won't boot. The post screen is hard to read as many letters are transposed. I flashed the BIOS but that didn't help so I'm guessing the graphic card is at fault. I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience?

Regards Chris

I didn't, but it certainly looks like a faulty video card (or motherboard). Not sure why you're posting that here though, since it sounds like you didn't do anything related to TR. Still, sorry for your videocard.

I found a funny bug. I was at war with Abraham Lincoln. He had garrisoned War Elephants in his city & I too had them in my offensive stack. Now elephants of both stacks were suffering from 'Scared horses.'
And 2nd thing I want to request is that those Light Cavlary units are a bit too powerful. They should have a greater penalty against Archers & their bonuses could be tweaked. I once annihilated a whole stack of Greeks by my Mongol Horse Archers & then I ran away.

Well, isn't that what Mongols did IRL? :) Seriously though, regular archers are very well balanced against horse archers. They are equal to them in strength (plus any defensive bonuses they could have) AND they are significantly cheaper.

As for elephants, yes, this is unexpected - they count as cavalry, but they shouldn't (I suspect that camel archers would also have scared horses). Thank you for directing my attention to the problem.

I created a High Sea Junk & tried to garrison Asian skirmisher in it but I could not. :( Isn't Asian Skirmisher supposed to be a recon unit like scouts & explorers ?
Secondly State Atheism even provides happiness from Madrassa. :D

These are highly secular madrassas! :D

And I think we have removed the ability for ALL recon units to get on board of caravel-type units. At least we intended to.
You may have intended but that is not so. I garrisoned few explorers after some turns in High Sea Junk & then captured a city on another continent. ;)

Why can't I manufacture clothes earlier in the game ? Any reason ? People had been wearing clothes for thousands of years. :D

Why can't I manufacture clothes earlier in the game ? Any reason ? People had been wearing clothes for thousands of years. :D

Not on industrial scale. This represents textile industries as opposed to small-scale cottage production. Your civ is assumed to manufacture and mine many resources on small-scale levels. With regard to clothes, it is represented by weaver shops.

Good Logic about clothes ! :)
And why do Islam spreads with conquest ? I cannot understand that concept. :eek:

Basically, that seeks to capture the rapid establishment of the Kaliphate; if the player choses to reenact the Arab conquests, he will end up owning an Islamic territory. Basically, Islam is equally easy to spread both peacefully and militarily - as was the case in history; all areas that Arab conquests spread to, except Iberia, where Christian reconquista was at work, are still predominantly or exclusively Islamic to this day.

Basically, that seeks to capture the rapid establishment of the Kaliphate; if the player choses to reenact the Arab conquests, he will end up owning an Islamic territory. Basically, Islam is equally easy to spread both peacefully and militarily - as was the case in history; all areas that Arab conquests spread to, except Iberia, where Christian reconquista was at work, are still predominantly or exclusively Islamic to this day.
But what about India. Muslims ruled it for many centuries but still there are very few muslims as compared to hindus. :D Actually people were not forced but were given an option to accept Islam. Some people accepted it & some refused to do so.
So it would be better to change it a bit & make a 50% or 40% chance of spreading of Islam in conquered territories. ;)
all areas that Arab conquests spread to, except Iberia, where Christian reconquista was at work, are still predominantly or exclusively Islamic to this day.
That is not something special. The European colonists & conquistadors who went to Americas spreaded Christianity as they conquered & occupied more land. Most of the America is dominated by Christianity today.

Sometimes AI players continuously create work boats & galleys etc instead of buildings or military units. Once I declared war on Asoka on Noble difficulty, 2x game speed & random map. He had about 15 ships in only one city but only 4-5 defenders protecting his capital. In the rest of the cities he had hardly 2 archers. Which is so ? :confused:

Top Bottom