• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Report

Hello!

I´m new to the TR mod... Outstanding work! I really enjoy the diverse units and the concepts you guys created! I won´t ask when the BtS version is coming out, but I´m so curious about it and the new changes it will bring...? Just can´t wait!

regards

Dunno if this thread is still valid, but as its sticky I´ll post in here

I get no sentences from the other leaders in Realism Invictus. When I contact them the window pops up as normal but no text what so ever below the picture. I cant choose anything in the window.
I installed via the rar file not the installer

Dunno if this thread is still valid, but as its sticky I´ll post in here

I get no sentences from the other leaders in Realism Invictus. When I contact them the window pops up as normal but no text what so ever below the picture. I cant choose anything in the window.
I installed via the rar file not the installer

This is, of course, not a proper way for the mod to behave. Have you put it in the correct folder? Is your customassets folder clean?

This is, of course, not a proper way for the mod to behave. Have you put it in the correct folder? Is your customassets folder clean?

I dropped the RI folder into \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

By coustomassets do you mean C:\Users\##\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets

The only other thing installed there are BUG and BULL

I dropped the RI folder into \Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

By coustomassets do you mean C:\Users\##\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets

The only other thing installed there are BUG and BULL

It is generally considered a bad thing to mix mods and stuff in customassets. Please try cleaning your customassets folder (you can backup its contents if you need it for other stuff); also make sure that mod path is exactly Beyond the Sword/Mods/Realism Invictus.

That did it. Thanks:goodjob:

Just one more question how many playable civs are in RI?

I had no chance to play the mod yet, but I was browsing the units in Civilopedia and I noticed that polish unit "Zolnierzy" is missing textures. Also I am quite sure its name should be Zolnierz (Singular) or Zolnierze (Plural).

There are no units missing textures in 3.0; hand-checked this personally. If you are playing on "Low" graphics settings, then switch to at least "Medium", as "Low" causes all kinds of graphical artifacts. If you aren't, then please post a screenshot, and we'll try to figure that out.

I finally had a chance to play the mod and I am truly amazed! Awsome job!!
I also started playing on World map, but I encountered a bug that I cannot avoid even if I save the game in worldbuilder. It happens right after the message that some great historian completed his work and list top wealthiest/most advanced or cultural Civilizations. Some UI element dissapear and game crashes with next savegame attempt.
I altered a CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml in order to slow the game speed a lot but I do not think this is the cause of my crash. Anyway I attach a save of my crash and also would like to ask if there is a way to disable these "Top Civilization" listing.

Attachments

• William BC-5934.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
I finally had a chance to play the mod and I am truly amazed! Awsome job!!
I also started playing on World map, but I encountered a bug that I cannot avoid even if I save the game in worldbuilder. It happens right after the message that some great historian completed his work and list top wealthiest/most advanced or cultural Civilizations. Some UI element dissapear and game crashes with next savegame attempt.
I altered a CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml in order to slow the game speed a lot but I do not think this is the cause of my crash. Anyway I attach a save of my crash and also would like to ask if there is a way to disable these "Top Civilization" listing.

I will take a look at that, but frankly I never ran into the kind of stuff you describe. The crash on save is very remniscent of MAF - is your OS 32 bit?

Nope, it is Vista 64 and I have 4GB RAM.
After the crash a ThemParseLog.txt was created and it contains following entries:

[Mar 15, 2011 - 11:56:19] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Edit:I also attach a log from the users/my document/my games/BtS/Logs directory i got after I enabled the pythonExceptions i .ini file

Attachments

• PythonErr2.7z
    2.1 KB · Views: 55
There are 2, but very short ones:
xml.log:

[18382.689] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
[18382.721] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[18382.721] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfo)
[18382.830] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
[18382.830] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[18382.830] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfo)

and init.log"

[18380.068] DBG: CIV Init
[18380.068] VERSION: App: D:\Gry\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[18380.068] VERSION: Build: Thu May 14 16:17:10 2009
[18380.068] VERSION: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
[18381.863] VERSION: Mod Loaded: Mods\Realism Invictus\
[18381.863] DBG: FILE Cat Init

resmgr.log is empty

I am not sure if the game creates the logs properly, as when the error occurs the game freezes and the python error message keeps displaying itself over and over again, so the only way for me to turn the game off is to end the game process itself in the Task manager.

You were right again, I did not enable logging properly it seems...
I attach the whole content of my log directory with total of 12 log files.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    23.6 KB · Views: 83
Well it seems I am cursed: today I started a new game on Huge map and precisely the same thing happened: message about a historian completing his great work and listing top civilizations, some UI element disappear and the game crashes.

Top Bottom