Bug Report

I got to the modern era with separatism on, Emperor difficulty & 21~ civs on a giant map.

I was the 2nd biggest empire with around 18 cities and separatism was very much deal-withable for me. However, I agree with everything you said IF you pertain it solely to AI. I asked on the RI forums about why the AI struggle to deal with it, and Walter said that the AI WILL turn up espionage and WILL fill the city with military units to keep a city from revolting, but simply doesn't know when a good time to end a war is. That's what he said, but I also experienced me completely toppling the superpower AI in 5 turns just because their cities flipped (mind, I was putting a lot of effort into cutting off their luxuries with privateers, spies & flipping their civics and religions- so it wouldn't have happened if I didn't do that, but it was still too easy).

So I popped into world builder to see if the AI did in fact use the espionage slider to counteract separatism, and indeed they did. But what I noticed is that they wouldn't keep the slider up from turn to turn, even when they needed to. So all it took was a couple turns of that and it was done.

But really, I give no credit to your claim that it's hard for the human to counteract separatism, you probably did something wrong. But the question is whether or not the penalties for mistakes is too high and unbelievable. Maybe.

Anyway, I'd be happy to take a look at your save to see if there was anything you could have done, or if it really is as you said!

Not sure if you're still looking at this or if you want to make more hotfixes, but I found a minor issue:

There exists a "federal reserve bank" event in the lategame that allows you to reduce inflation, but does nothing since inflation as a mechanic has been eliminated in 3.5.

One of the GREATEST mod I ver seen - great Thanks to Team which create and support it even in pred-Humankind Era:egypt:

SO... Don't idetify me as Tsar of noobs: I just try to found ways how to customise HUGE version of Mod' map: I see so many pred-Columbus culture but there is no for example United States:)
Perhaps I need to use NotePad and manully change Native America' Tribes (for example) to other Civilizations?
Or may be there is more... convinient way and I just can'st see it?

Best Regards :cool:

Not sure if you're still looking at this or if you want to make more hotfixes, but I found a minor issue:

There exists a "federal reserve bank" event in the lategame that allows you to reduce inflation, but does nothing since inflation as a mechanic has been eliminated in 3.5.

What makes you think it was? It wasn't, inflation is still there.

One of the GREATEST mod I ver seen - great Thanks to Team which create and support it even in pred-Humankind Era:egypt:

SO... Don't idetify me as Tsar of noobs: I just try to found ways how to customise HUGE version of Mod' map: I see so many pred-Columbus culture but there is no for example United States:)
Perhaps I need to use NotePad and manully change Native America' Tribes (for example) to other Civilizations?
Or may be there is more... convinient way and I just can'st see it?

Best Regards :cool:

Nope, the way you're describing is the actual way to do it if you want the US on the World map.

What makes you think it was? It wasn't, inflation is still there.

It not being listed as a seperate expense in the finance screen anymore makes me think it was. Afaik the civic costs just grow more to compensate now?
Either way, upon selecting an option it didn't reduce my expenses. Does it take a turn to apply? I might not have noticed it then.
Just wanted to throw it in here in case it's just a minor oversight.

After killing Turkey, Tatar appeared (nice feature, all cities revolted, even the capital..)
But the thing is that the culture he gained exceeds 100%. The tile has 200% of total culture.
All hotfixes have been applied.

Attachments

• 143_percent bug.png
    143_percent bug.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 176
  • kinkk AD-1332.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • AutoSave_AD-1324.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
Latest SVN (5292).
The Computer, despite there have been made changes to tech researching, is just flying through ages. His tech costs are fraction of mine.

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1192.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
I can't really look at your save due to this:
Spoiler screenshot :

Must be some game option you selected or something.

Propably "Lock Modified Assets", it is the only option that what I can think (otherssettings are Raging Barbs, No tech trading, No Tech Brokering, No Tribal, Holy City Migration, Protect Valuable units and Ai plays to win).
Strange that you can't open that file. I try to re-upload it in this post.

Also pictures tell more than thousand words.

lagging.PNG

Attachments

• AMERICAFLYING.png
    AMERICAFLYING.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 118
  • kinkk AD-1192a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
Propably "Lock Modified Assets", it is the only option that what I can think (otherssettings are Raging Barbs, No tech trading, No Tech Brokering, No Tribal, Holy City Migration, Protect Valuable units and Ai plays to win).
Strange that you can't open that file. I try to re-upload it in this post.

Also pictures tell more than thousand words.

They tell much less than an actual working save would. Would you please untick "Lock Modified Assets" in the WB so that I can actually have a look at the save? Why would you have it on anyway?

They tell much less than an actual working save would. Would you please untick "Lock Modified Assets" in the WB so that I can actually have a look at the save? Why would you have it on anyway?

To restrict myself of temptation of cheating, i.e. making the make better.

I think you can open the save file, but not be able to work with world builder.

However, I tried couple of things, like starting a new game (WITHOUT locked assets) and the opening the save file.
The tech costs just magically got worse. (Same SVN as before).

The tech costs changed.. There is somewhat of an bug, even though this was supposed to be fixed.
The saving/loading still breaks the fixes.

The savefile is here, but I'll try to remember that when playing SVN no locked assets...

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1192b.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • lagging_evenmore.png
    lagging_evenmore.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 114
  • AMERICAFLYING_notmore.png
    AMERICAFLYING_notmore.png
    59 KB · Views: 124
So this is happening to you. There will be no fix until that happens to me. No matter how many times you upload this save, unless it has "Lock Modified Assets" off, I will not be able to open it, as my work environment for Civ 4 has a different checksum than your working copy. I have been completely unable to replicate something like that in my test games.

Thank you for the latest research speed updates and fixes! I also was founding that the research progress was too fast in 3.5, especially with the scientific great works.

I downloaded the latest SVN revision (packaged the art assets too) and there seems to be a runtime error when starting the Crusades scenario. Is there a fix for this?

This is on Windows 10.

Same thing as before: AI is flying with the technology (Armenian).

SVN 5293.

This file DOES NOT have the locked assets, so world builder is free to use..

Attachments

• kinkk AD-1210.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
You should likely have the starting autosave of that game (4000 BC) - I'd like to have it to try and see what goes wrong and where. The issue itself is rather easily fixed, but I don't see where and why it occurs.

You should likely have the starting autosave of that game (4000 BC) - I'd like to have it to try and see what goes wrong and where. The issue itself is rather easily fixed, but I don't see where and why it occurs.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    182.3 KB · Views: 131
Top Bottom