Bug Report

I've seen it work, it's not that the protecting unit actually moves, it looks more like the attacking unit attacks the "patrolling" unit "instead" of its intended target, easy to miss,

admittedly that was before 3.55...

Last edited:
To clarify, I have observed my fishing boats being pillaged by barbarians when my adjacent fleets were on "Sea Patrol" command. To my understanding, pillaging should not be possible until all patrolling units are killed (or unassigned from patrol).

Hi,

First of all, THANK YOU for an awesome mod.

On to the (potential) bug. Ri 3.55, I get an endless "Waiting for other players" when I finish my turn - uploaded a save file, it's at the end of the turn.

Thank you

P.S. Any plans for 3.6?

Attachments

• RI_Bug.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
Sorry, I couldn't catch the thing that caused it - unlike a CTD, there is no actual break point for me to debug. 3.6 is probably not what I'd call it, but I'll release a bunch of content and bugfixes in foreseeable future.

Sorry, I couldn't catch the thing that caused it - unlike a CTD, there is no actual break point for me to debug. 3.6 is probably not what I'd call it, but I'll release a bunch of content and bugfixes in foreseeable future.
Nothing to be sorry about, I appreciate the effort! :)

I will wait for your new release and start a new game. Thank you again.

I'm playing Rev. 5336 as Spain and when I kill a unit, sometimes I get a Slave. When I take a city with slaves in it, I capture them and they are called Esclavo. Sounds like they're not using distinct names when generated through combat.

Another minor thing with the Spanish: The civilopedia entry for the Galleon says it can transport 3 units, but it's transport capacity is now 5 (as opposed to the 4 of a regular Merchantman)

(Obligatory "this is the greatest mod ever" -- could never drum up the same obsession for Civ 5 or 6, ended up arriving at this mod super late and have been all "omg" since)

So, firmly apologize for this question because I'm sure it's come up and been answered several times, and I'm just having a super hard time tracking down a related post (spent a while searching this thread as well as base RI thread).

I'm running a game on a huge map, am currently at the early tank-stage of the game, and have somewhere around 20 civs. For a while I've been running into a memory allocation crash every 3 turns or so, and have mostly ignored it because I've been intrigued enough by each individual turn that reloading after every 3 hasn't bothered me all too much, but have finally reached the point where I can't make it through a single turn most of the time without a crash.

I'm on a laptop, but a fairly high powered one (plays any other triple-A game at mostly high graphics settings). I noticed on another thread there that *seemed* to suggest playing the game in Vista compatibility mode would solve it but it didn't work for me (may have been in response to different bug and I was simply mistaken).

In case it's useful:
i7
16gb RAM
RTX 2070

Happy to provide any additional details / save file / etc.

And now a question: Do we have a bug here??

I'm using the latest R:I version 3.57(a). Playing as Japan, reached modern era now. Being at war with the topdog, I thought this might be the time to try Dictatorship for the first time at all. So....changed civics to Dictatorship (and Collectivism and WorkingClass at the same time). So far so good - all seemed to work as supposed.

After the war I switched back to my preferred civics with no problems. That is..... suddenly I noticed, that the extra happiness each militaryunits gave under Dictatorship (<iHappyPerMilitaryUnit>1</iHappyPerMilitaryUnit>) still was "there" in every city and still was working (Cityscreen, happiness value "The military presence impresses us" changes with the number of military-units in the city).

Now I know I sometimes makes changes I shouldn't have done - but this time I'm sure I'm "not guilty".....

Files attached are reloaded saves using the original R:I 3.57(a) version and therefore without any of my homemade changes.
Jan 1809 - turn before I changed civics
Jul 1809 - 1st turn after the changes
Jan 1853 - latest turn played with the civics back to my "normal" choices.

Attachments

• Anjin San AD-1809-January 3_57(a).CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • Anjin San AD-1809-July 3_57(a).CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.8 MB · Views: 27
  • Anjin San AD-1853-January 3_57(a).CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.9 MB · Views: 26
Yeah, there is definitely something wrong there - unfortunately it's unlikely I'll be able to catch the exact culprit; I was unable to replicate this in a new game, so it's likely this is caused by something that went wrong even before the first save you've provided. Nevertheless, thank you for reporting; I may yet figure this one out.

Hmmm, well that's life I guess. Luckily I'm able to make a little "fix" to reduce the unfair advantage it gives, because I'm the only one left, that doesn't choose "Labor_Union".

As you might remember from the R:I homepage when that was online, I wrote about the "absurde" number of red-faces you would get if you didn't choose that civic when it became available.

And that I found the line In the CIV4CivicInfos.xml, that "made" all those unhappy citizens.

I'll try to find a decent value here <iCivicPercentAnger>.......</iCivicPercentAnger>, most likely 150, 200 or 250 for NOT choosing Labor_Union. Original value is 400 equal to at least 12 red-faces, while my normal setting is 50 giving "only" 2-3 red-faces.

Hi, thank you for this wonderful mod. I apologize about doubleposting, I'll delete the one in main Realism Invictus thread if necessary. On the newest SVN version [r5340] I found a couple of potential bugs while browsing the Civilopedia. Could you let me know if these are bugs or possibly graphical issues on my part? I attached the screenshots for reference.

1. Balestriere Genovese, the crossbowman replacement for French and Roman Empires, has some texture issues.
2. Dahomey Amazons, the unique unit for Sahelian Empire, seems to have wobbly arms. Are they supposed to look like this? Might this be a modeling choice rather than a bug?

Thank you.

스크린샷(437).png
스크린샷(436).png
스크린샷(434).png
스크린샷(435).png

Thank you.

Fixed the crossbowmen. Though technically there's nothing wrong with the Amazons (it's just the wonky vanilla animation), I've bulked the model up a bit and it looks better now.

Hello,
been lurking here for quite some time. Fantastic mod, really love the attention to detail!
I'm using version 3.55 (plus a few personal tweaks, but only minor xml value changes). Game crashes after pressing "end turn". Is there any hope to salvage it?

Attachments

• RI 3-55 Noyyau crash at end turn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    641.3 KB · Views: 21
Hi,
could you please be so kind and take a look at the attached saves?
Game crashes when loading. It's a mid game with a lot of civilizations.

My spec:
i5, 16 GB RAM
Win 10 64x
Running RI 3.57 (no other mods)

Amazing mod. Amazing work, I'm so grateful to you guys for making it!

Attachments

• save_1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
  • save_2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
Top Bottom