Bug Report

@ Anaztazioch:

Hi man. No, i don't have fooled Houman and the Team. I have built 399 GPs. It was very easy for some civs (most European and USA for example) but very difficult for others (as Mali or Mongol). But i would be very pleased if you can give us a Mongol Great Merchant or a Malian Great Engineer. :lol:
We also chose to add the Leader as Great People because they are ....really Great People....:) Furthemore, if i chose to play France as Louis XIV why can't i have Napoleon as Great General ? He was among the best General of France, and perhaps of the world (as some others). So, they are added !
To finish, thanks for finding bugs. Most are not very important bugs but they had to be removed...:goodjob:

Hian the Frog.

Just for your info the Diplomacy and first contact missing text is now fixed as well.

I guess we are now bugfree...or have we forgotten something? There was a bug about a Native indian unit that couldn't be upgraded, but I can't find the post.

Confirmed and dubblechecked:

When ever a city is planted (using world builder) bug appears when capturing it:

1) After capturing i cannot raze it, regardless of its size.
2) After capture it has no production selected

Some reports of cities being captured with out asking to raze it or not have been spoted around here.

I know that some times (not allways) to fix it, all you need to do is save after planting cities and than load game. This way you will have cities existing in game not planted.
Dont know if it exists in vanilla Warlords.

Assassin bug

Dont know how to explain it, so ill just step by step write what happened:

1) completed the building process of assassin and gave him lvl 1 combat promotion (dont think it matted to this bug)

2) moved him to enemy city (egyptian heliopolis or simmilar) in 3 turn, he didnt stoped in any other city, exept for the one he was built in.

3) The same turn he got to Heliopolis he still had 0,5 moves (1 for getting from hills to road grassland, and 0,5 for moving to city on its road)a nd ordered him to fortify, becouse Heliopolis had only 2 defanders, and hit end turn

4) Before i got next turn i recived scrolling info that assassin will activate in 1 turn (as it is usuall) and i saw 6 egyptians axemans coming to Heliopolis, so my assassin would get wasted vs so many defanders. So i waked him and moved him to St.Petersburg (4 titles all on road no river).

5) My assassin got to St.Petersburg in one turn and had 0 moves left, so i clicked end turn, and boom ! He instantly activated (and failed :/). I did not had to wait an activation turn, becouse he was ready for assassination.

I checked that again and moved an assassin to heliopolis, orderedhim to skip turn and recived "1 turn for assassin activation", than moved him to st.Petersburg and clicked end turn and he again instantly activated him self.

Assassin Exploit ;)

Anaztazioch said:
Assassin bug

Dont know how to explain it, so ill just step by step write what happened:

1) completed the building process of assassin and gave him lvl 1 combat promotion (dont think it matted to this bug)

2) moved him to enemy city (egyptian heliopolis or simmilar) in 3 turn, he didnt stoped in any other city, exept for the one he was built in.

3) The same turn he got to Heliopolis he still had 0,5 moves (1 for getting from hills to road grassland, and 0,5 for moving to city on its road)a nd ordered him to fortify, becouse Heliopolis had only 2 defanders, and hit end turn

4) Before i got next turn i recived scrolling info that assassin will activate in 1 turn (as it is usuall) and i saw 6 egyptians axemans coming to Heliopolis, so my assassin would get wasted vs so many defanders. So i waked him and moved him to St.Petersburg (4 titles all on road no river).

5) My assassin got to St.Petersburg in one turn and had 0 moves left, so i clicked end turn, and boom ! He instantly activated (and failed :/). I did not had to wait an activation turn, becouse he was ready for assassination.

I checked that again and moved an assassin to heliopolis, orderedhim to skip turn and recived "1 turn for assassin activation", than moved him to st.Petersburg and clicked end turn and he again instantly activated him self.

Assassin Exploit ;)

i understand what you mean - this is because of "engine" of assassin component - i never tried fix this, because i want rewrite whole component (but where i can found some free time ??? :( )

I have something in my game that is happening I think needs to be reported.I am Churchill,I have Christianity as my state religion,I have a Christian temple and monastery in some of my cities.My civics religion is theocracy.I am not getting any options to build Christian missionary's.They are not in any of the cities that they should be.I was able to build Christian missionary's when I was not in theocracy,but in organized religion.I hope I explained this well enough,if not just let me know.I also have a save of the game please let me know where to send it.Other than the things Anaztazioch reported witch have been fixed,this is a fantastic mod :goodjob:

If you have "resarched" scientific method, than monastaries are obsolated. This means you cant build missionaries with them. The only way to build missionaries after discoverying s.m. is by organised religion.

So do you have resarched scientific method or any AI has it ?
Or atleast a save game, as i havent encountered such problem, but never had cristianity as state religion.

As to where to send your save game. Eighther upload it via easy upload (eject icon) and paste the link to it in the post, or send it to
bugs.totalrealism@gmail.com

Anaztazioch said:
If you have "researched" scientific method, than monastaries are obsolated. This means you cant build missionaries with them. The only way to build missionaries after discoverying s.m. is by organised religion.

So do you have resarched scientific method or any AI has it ?
Or atleast a save game, as i havent encountered such problem, but never had cristianity as state religion.

As to where to send your save game. Eighther upload it via easy upload (eject icon) and paste the link to it in the post, or send it to
bugs.totalrealism@gmail.com
I am a long way from scientific method,don't know about the computer,but probably not.I will email it to totalrealism@gmail.com.As for the easy upload,I uploaded it but I am to stupid to figure how to attach it to my post :sad: I never have pasted anything before if that tells you anything :lol: Thanks for your help.

posting is easy.

upload file via easy upload (eject button), than in popup choose a file and click upload file. Thats what you know so far.
But after upload is completed, the popup window in with you choose a file and order to upload, will change in to upload successful window. At the bottom of it there is:
"You can copy the code below to use in your posts:" a
nd under it there is the link.

Now i will try and see if i cant have cristian missionaries with monastary and theocracy as churchil.

thats interesting :o

You dont even have missionay available to build !!! Like you dont have required technology. You have rabbi, but cannot build built becouse no jewish monastary, but missionary is missing, tho can be put via World Builder...

I converted save to a map, than launched the map and still had such problem.

Edit:

Found the problem. Its seem its something with foreign religions and theocracy. When i adopted pacifism, missionaries were available.

Now gonna go back to Theocracracy, and clear all foreign religions from your cities.

Edit:
Delating foreign religions didnt help.

Placed hindu monastaries, converted to hinduism, and could build both swami and missionary. But when converted back to Christianity i could not build missionaries...

It doesnt.

Inquisitor cannot join/build in city if it has no foreign religions. I checked that i his save game, as also tought that inquisitor may spread state religion.

But feel free to look in it anyway ;).

I'm going to continue my game from that spot,even through Brennus is kicking my butt.If I see anything else I will let you know.I hate to here it was a bug,but glad to here I didn't waste your time reporting it :)

Great person progress bar bug.

Well i built Temple of Artmedis in Turfan and The Pantheon in Ning-shia. Ning-shia has +3 great artist (+2 from wonder +50% from wonder), but Turfan has +7 (!). I dont know how he counts it, but i have only +2 great merchant from Temple of Artmedis +50% from The Pantheon wonder and + 4 from dont know where. More, when i hover my mouse on great person pregress bar it say that my chances of great person born are 50% great merchant 50% great artist.

The question is: what is bug here ? Counting great person birth rate, or wonders info.

Im gonna dig up the save tomorrow, today im tired and dont want even to look for the preogram files folder :p

Hi! I'd like to share my observations on (hotseat) multiplayer. It has actually worked in Beta 1 (and was quite enjoyable), without any CTD's or lacking main screen interface. But both Beta 2 and Beta 3 cause insta-CTD when trying to start a new multiplayer game (both hotseat and LAN). I've read somewhere on the forums that a random number generator used in promotions and perks mod (for assigning perks) can cause that. If it is true, it's not too hard to remedy, and I beg you to make an MP-compatible version. Even if it is not, still I hope something can be done to make MP work again!

insta-CTD ?

beta 3
Didnt encounter insta-CTD nor any CTD in hotseat (3 players, 3 human, duel map, raging barbs, no tech trading, agressive AI, permanent alliances, 150 turn limit, starting era middle age)
Played all 100 turns no CTD.

I also had some hotseat in beta2 (dont belive this but 2 days, huge map full civs, no barbs). Never encountered crashes in hotseat.

As for LAN yes, i had CTD when initiating(hosting) game. Never tried to join.

Lindbergh's flight has no "picture." I suspect that when I achieve this "goody," the program crashes. Anyone else have (had) this problem?

Top Bottom