Bug Report

Hi there! Just came back to Civ4 and installed your wonderful mod for the first time. Vanilla 1.61 + 2.1 + 2.1.3. Here is my problem:
My units are getting white flags instead of the regular ones. I was playing as Greeks (if that matters). Any help? Thank you!

My units are getting white flags instead of the regular ones. I was playing as Greeks (if that matters). Any help? Thank you!

I believe it's a known issue, try using the search function on this forum. Besides, there's a "white flag" option in the installer, have you tried it?

AI report - TR Gold 2.1

As far as the Better AI component goes I haven't seen mega stacks yet, maybe it was solved. Still, the AI has some problems playing with units:

1. It doesn't attack with all units from the stack in one turn - I think it's a known issue, but again I had a situation, where AI could've easily taken one of my cities (and raze it for instance?) if it attacked with all 3 units from its stack, but it attacked with only 2. It's a major logical bug, but that's probably the Better AI component. BTW. was it the same with vanilla Warlords?

2. Some units are left to themselves - AI made an invasion on my continent with a stack of 1 trireme and 3 galleys, unloaded the foot guys, and then the 4 ships stayed there (instead of going back home for instance) and allowed me to buid 2 triremes and wipe theirs out. Then, the more-less defenseless galleys didn't run for it, they just stayed still in the same place and let me buid up my XPs when I annihilated them with Triremes. Is there a priority for the AI to run home with the wounded/weak units?

Those notes are probably for the Better AI component, anyways, thanks for lots of new content, I'm going back to hunt some Incas...

Hi there! Just came back to Civ4 and installed your wonderful mod for the first time. Vanilla 1.61 + 2.1 + 2.1.3. Here is my problem:

Hi,
I had the same problem. I followed a few of the suggestions of the forum members, but what ended up working for me was to open up the "white flag patch" folder, and move the art folder into the assests folder of the mod, or something like that, it has been a while. Anyway, that fixed the problem. I will try to look later and see exactly what I did.

Not sure if this is a bug or not.When I start a game,I always get defeated before I even get a turn!I've tried on every difficulty,and with numerous civs.I even(shudder)turned off barbarians!To no avail.I would send a save file but I can't even begin a turn.

I get the same problem I can't get even one turn before my units disappear and I lose. I once got my settler to build a city but the two other units disappeared. any built units also dissappeared. could it be that attack by stack needs to be enabled. or perhaps a previous version of TR was not unistalled properly?

ggm

Hi,
I had the same problem. I followed a few of the suggestions of the forum members, but what ended up working for me was to open up the "white flag patch" folder, and move the art folder into the assests folder of the mod, or something like that, it has been a while. Anyway, that fixed the problem. I will try to look later and see exactly what I did.

Thanks for trying to help me out! I've don that, but now the game won't even start:( While loading the xml it goes kaboom (critical error). Any ideas?

Not sure if this is a bug or not.When I start a game,I always get defeated before I even get a turn!I've tried on every difficulty,and with numerous civs.I even(shudder)turned off barbarians!To no avail.I would send a save file but I can't even begin a turn.

Already reported several times. Do a clean install - do not install over the earlier version of TR. Delete the mod and do a clean install.

Thanks for trying to help me out! I've don that, but now the game won't even start:( While loading the xml it goes kaboom (critical error). Any ideas?

I will look again to see where I put it. Now I get the white flag for some civs, the traditional ones, like Monty, Bismark etc. SO I did something wrong too.

I tried the clean install and still get defeated before my turn starts.I don't get any error messages.Seems to load ok.

I tried the clean install and still get defeated before my turn starts.I don't get any error messages.Seems to load ok.

did you have selected mercenary component to install? some peoples reported, that in this case you can be defeated at start...

thanx for the tip.The game works without the mercs,which is unfortunate,because I like the concept.

Yah the mercs are broken. The game did the same thing to me even after super clean reinstall. The guys will probably fixem soon. The merc option is a lot of fun.

To the modders: I love the the new music guys. Wonderful choice again:goodjob: I also really enjoy the startup civ screens with the paintings. Seems to add a bit of historical elegance to the game.

Thanks for the great game. I've bought like twenty+ titles since Civ4 was released. Thanks to you guys Civ4 is still going strong on my PC. All the other titles but two have been ebayed.

Bam;)

Yah the mercs are broken. The game did the same thing to me even after super clean reinstall. The guys will probably fixem soon. The merc option is a lot of fun.

To the modders: I love the the new music guys. Wonderful choice again:goodjob: I also really enjoy the startup civ screens with the paintings. Seems to add a bit of historical elegance to the game.

Thanks for the great game. I've bought like twenty+ titles since Civ4 was released. Thanks to you guys Civ4 is still going strong on my PC. All the other titles but two have been ebayed.

Bam;)

Thank you for your kind words. :D

I wished Firaxis would have also given us a small thank you for our Mod anniversary. Through our contribution we have helped them to sell their games quite a bit...But well... :mischief:

Sorry if this has already been reported, but I've gone over the last couple of pages of posts and haven't seen it. I've started playing a new TR game... love the changes so far, but the one issue I seem to have is that I don't see any of the cottages I've built. If you mouse over the square it says the cottage is there, but there's no visual for it. The land is completely bare.

A couple of really minor points:

* While every other nation in the list says "Empire" after it, the "Turks" say just that -- not "Turkish Empire". Looks odd.

* Hitler has no greeting text, it's just blank.

I'll keep playing. Thanks for all your hard work, this looks really super (and I *love* the changes to religion, especially the fact that you have to build up the basics to even get to the Dualism/Polytheism techs).

My game has crashed every third turn or since after 300AD. It happens when I am scrolling with my mouse. I was using my scroll wheel to zoom out the first time.
Am I alone here?
Any ideas? Want any information from for me. My system is well above the rec specs, but it is an intel mac. I don't know if that could make a difference.

Walter, thanks for the alt-tab tip. Works great for me. It even gets rid of the stuck unit information display problem that I've often had on the lower left hand part of my screen.

P.S. I am using the latest release. I've also attacked a list of observations I made while playing. Thanks a lot of the great mod.

I'm not sure if this has been reported or not, though I see no harm in reporting it again if the former is true.

Anyway, some Civilopedia entries cause the game to crash to the desktop. I can't remember exactly which ones, as I've always just been flipping through it when it happens to crash... What I do know is that it's definitely an expanded Civilopedia problem.

It might be that some XML strings were improperly written, though I'm not certain.

Top Bottom