Bug Reporting

This is very strange. BUG only mucks around with Python and should not be able to cause a crash in the C++ layer like this. Are you running other SDK mods at the same time (BULL or BAI)? Can you please post a saved game that crashes, especially if it's one turn before the crash?

I have only BBAI 1.0 and Blue Marble. The crashes are not deterministic, they hapen around every 5th turn on average. And it crashes during user interaction; not during end turn phases. Sometimes it crashes when moving a unit, sometimes when changing the taxes, can't reproduce a crahs, but they'll come ;).
Don't know if there are incompatibilities with runtime versions (I work as a C++ developer and have different studios installed.
I'll try a single player game next game (on holiday now) to see if it is only a multiplayer team problem.

Hey, i installed everything correctly (BAT), several times just to be sure.
Tried the good old modfolder way, and the "singleplayer" way.

Tried installing BULL afterwards, tried to avoid installing BULL.
Tried overwriting with BlueMarble afterwards.

Complete full 100% uninstalls between each test.
Yet no matter what i try, settings will NOT save when i restart the game (or load savegames).
I have the settings folder in the modfolder, as it should be, every file is there, i can view each setting in that file. But they just wont save.. And if i try to edit them manually in notepad before starting the game, CTD's ensues as i try to load up a game or start a new one.

And no, i had never ever installed BUG, BAT or Bull before. And as i said i did full uninstalls between each test (with the included uninstaller and checking so the modfolders are gone), nothing helps.
Honestly, im out of ideas. Anyone?

Try running BTS as Administrator as it may be a file permissions issue when writing to the files.

Hi guys, I have BUG behaving a little oddly since a recent re-install. I wanted to upgrade to BUG 4.4 from 4.2, so I uninstalled 4.2 and installed 4.4, after doing so the Advanced Combat Odds mod went somewhat strange, with large blocks of purple appearing in the odds list and some TXT_ACO_MULTIPLY values and the like appearing (screenshot attached).

Around the same time I got a virus which necessitated a complete reinstall of Win XP. Upon re-install of Civ 4, I installed Bug 4.4 and BULL, and the problem persists with the purple blocks and missing values persists! Also getting other TXT_KEY_VALUE type messages in certain popups (see city screenshot attached, look in the popup for the Axeman at the bottom left).

Advice on what can be done to fix this would be great, BUG is still 95% usable but it would be great to have it back to 100%. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 182
@TwoShedsJackson - You need to copy the files and folders inside BULL's Assets folder to your CustomAssets folder (or wherever you installed BUG). If you did so already, it's possible that you copied the Assets folder itself into the CustomAssets folder which will not work:

Code:
CustomAssets\
    Assets\  <-- no, move the files from inside here out into the CustomAssets folder
    Art\     <-- yes

@TwoShedsJackson - You need to copy the files and folders inside BULL's Assets folder to your CustomAssets folder (or wherever you installed BUG). If you did so already, it's possible that you copied the Assets folder itself into the CustomAssets folder which will not work:

Code:
CustomAssets\
    Assets\  <-- no, move the files from inside here out into the CustomAssets folder
    Art\     <-- yes

That worked, thanks!

Noticed a display bug in BUG's sevopedia's improvements page, the route yield changes is kinda buggy.
I see you forgot this part from SevoPediaImprovement.py:
Code:
		for iRoute in range(gc.getNumRouteInfos()):
			for k in range(YieldTypes.NUM_YIELD_TYPES):
				[COLOR="Red"]szYield = u""[/COLOR]
				iYieldChange = gc.getImprovementInfo(self.iImprovement).getRouteYieldChanges(iRoute, k)
				if (iYieldChange != 0):										
					szYield += localText.getText("TXT_KEY_PEDIA_ROUTE_YIELD", (gc.getYieldInfo(k).getTextKey(), iYieldChange, gc.getYieldInfo(k).getChar(), gc.getRouteInfo(iRoute).getTextKey()))[COLOR="Navy"] + u"\n"[/COLOR]
					screen.appendListBoxString( listName, szYield, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1, CvUtil.FONT_LEFT_JUSTIFY )
So every time you loop the yields or routes, the previous changes aren't removed and they get printed again.
But I have liked this so much, I still don't know how I managed to play without BUG. :D

EDIT: I would suggest to remove the "+ u"\n"" part from that part of code above, because it creates a newline after every route yield change. And if there is many lines, it...takes a lot of space. :D

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 165
Thanks, I fixed it the way it should have been: removed all the szYield = u"" lines and changed the += to =. szYield is added to the screen only if an item has a yield change, and it that case it is assigned a new value. There's no need to clear it before each test.

Thanks, I fixed it the way it should have been: removed all the szYield = u"" lines and changed the += to =. szYield is added to the screen only if an item has a yield change, and it that case it is assigned a new value. There's no need to clear it before each test.

Ah, ofcourse that's a better way to do it. BTW, when do you think next version of BUG will appear? I understand that you might be busy in RL, but wanted to know if you have any plans.

I have three features in half-completed states that I doubt I'll be able to finish in a timely manner. Given that, I'll probably push release 4.5 within the month and punt these features.

Hi mates, love your mod. But there are still some bugs in BUG:

#0 You probably know - BUG and standard PLE drawing methods do not work, only PLE with BUG filter or PLE with PLE filter.

#1 Sometimes on game start, I get these errors, you can "click them away", but this should be fixed:

And why "Reloading Python Modules" :confused: :crazyeye:

#2 Really annoying is the following bug when killing a unit (appears only sometimes) since you cannot "click the error away" and have to restart civ4:

Are you alt-tabbing out, modifying a Python file, and alt-tabbing back in without restarting civ? That's going to break BUG because we store a lot of data while the game is running unlike stock BTS. I haven't seen these other errors either, but I haven't tried non-PLE in a while. I'll give it a go and report back.

It would be very helpful if you can replicate these problems in an unmodified BUG installation.

Are you alt-tabbing out, modifying a Python file, and alt-tabbing back in without restarting civ?

NO! As I said, this happens ON GAME START (dawn of man screen).

I wish they were reproducable. I'm giving my best.

Given that I've never seen these errors and I launch BUG a lot, I'm willing to bet $5 that they are caused by your mod or your system in some way. I'm not laying blame, just saying that there's nothing I can do if I cannot get the error myself.

Do you have some background process that's modifying the "last modification date" of the Python files while you're launching BTS? For example, I modify the BUG files in one folder, and when I'm ready to test I export them to the CustomAssets folder and launch BTS. If I were to launch BTS before the export completed, I bet BTS would try to reload the files that got overwritten after it launched.

#0 You probably know - BUG and standard PLE drawing methods do not work, only PLE with BUG filter or PLE with PLE filter.
I've been using the latest BUG and I use BUG or Standard draw exclusively with no problems. Have you updated to the latest BUG?

This is actually really small graphical issue. There doesn't seem to be enough space after the civilization's name in the scoreboard so it slightly overlaps the things after it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0100.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0101.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 137
This is actually really small graphical issue. There doesn't seem to be enough space after the civilization's name in the scoreboard so it slightly overlaps the things after it.
The scoreboard options have a method of adjusting the spacing. Off the top of my head, I don't know what that is. Try putting a number like '2' between the code that controls the scoreboard objects. That might put in a 2 pixel gap.

The scoreboard options have a method of adjusting the spacing. Off the top of my head, I don't know what that is. Try putting a number like '2' between the code that controls the scoreboard objects. That might put in a 2 pixel gap.

Oh silly me. We are talking about the most customizable mod ever, and I dare to think you have hardcoded something. :wallbash: :mischief:
But that changes the spaces between the other icons too. I would like to add little more space after the civilization's name. I'm looking at the Scoreboard.py but it seems to be something hightech python I can't understand. :D But I'll give it a try...

nonono - see the list of hieroglyphics ... "WSZVC?EPTUNBDRAHM*LO" ... put a number between them is what I am suggesting.

WSZVC?EPTUNBDRA5HM*LO

I think that should work. Just don't ask me what the letters actually represent. /Hover your cursor over them and you get a nice splash of help.

Top Bottom