Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I completely rewrote this feature to address this problem, are you on the latest develop commit?

Sorry, skipped over that part.

No worries, skipper is my second name. So, would you say 1.14.4 is more recommendable than 1.14.5? Asking for a friend who's confused not only by the version numbering system, but also by your sparse statements as to what versions are most playable.

My recommendation is not to worry about the last version number. There is 1.x.0 which is the latest full release and develop, which is the current development state. The latter will always be prone to bugs and/or lack of documentation, AI etc. Minor versions other than 0 are essentially snapshots of develop for convenience and savegame compatibility, with the same caveats.

Yeah, but the new tech tree was only introduced in 1.14.5, right? And 1.14.0 had huge memory issues IIRC?

Correct on the first count. No huge memory issues in 1.14.0, although if you prefer the runtime performance optimisations of 1.14.1 that is the place to go.

Yeah I was thinking of CtDs due to memory allocation or somesuch, so that would be before 1.14.1 I guess.

Edit: So I take it 1.14.4 would be the most advanced version for the old tech tree, while develop would be the most advanced for the new since 1.14.5 contains some broken stuff (ie Colonialism).

That appears to be correct.

Since quite some time ago I could no longer load the DoC scenarios directly by double-clicking the three scenario files in the PrivateMaps folder. It was working before a certain time. But after that point of time, all I could get by doing so was loading into the BtS base game, and I had to load the DoC mod from there.

What do I need to do to have the convenience of loading directly into DoC just by a double-clicking again?

"Bts.exe/mod=..." as a shortcut. quite easy, and keep the BtS folder as working folder.

If you use the install tool, that shortcut should already have been created on your desktop. What exactly happens when you double click a scenario file? An error message? Nothing? If the latter, can you check your task manager if no Civ4BeyondSword.exe process is actually running?

"Bts.exe/mod=..." as a shortcut. quite easy, and keep the BtS folder as working folder.

Can you elaborate? I don't get it.

If you use the install tool, that shortcut should already have been created on your desktop. What exactly happens when you double click a scenario file? An error message? Nothing? If the latter, can you check your task manager if no Civ4BeyondSword.exe process is actually running?

I'm using the Windows 7 OS. When I double click a scenario file the BtS game, instead of the DoC scenario, loads.

I have a shortcut called "launch dawn lol" (without the lol), which links the following command line

"D:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization"

and as a working folder

"d:\civ4\Beyond the Sword"

The indicated mod uses a (back-)slash and the scenario folder/ini name.

There's also launch knoedel, launch rfceurope, and so on...

I'm using the Windows 7 OS. When I double click a scenario file the BtS game, instead of the DoC scenario, loads.
Is your mod installed to Beyond the Sword/Mods and called RFC Dawn of Civilization?

I have a shortcut called "launch dawn lol" (without the lol), which links the following command line

"D:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization"

and as a working folder

"d:\civ4\Beyond the Sword"

The indicated mod uses a (back-)slash and the scenario folder/ini name.

There's also launch knoedel, launch rfceurope, and so on...

Thanks, I added the command "mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization" and it is working perfectly now. :thumbsup:

Great.

You're welcome. So far I wasn't even aware I could start a game by double clicking the map scenario file.

You're welcome. So far I wasn't even aware I could start a game by double clicking the map scenario file.

It was working for a time, if I remember correctly. Whatever happened then I don't know. :confused:

Top Bottom