• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Whenever I try and load the mod I get an xml load error on almost every file. Any help would be great!

It seems your installation went wrong. Can you share the error you are seeing? Which version of the mod are you using and how did you install it?

I was able to get it to work. I was being an idiot and realized I was installing only the patch and not the full mod.

Small mistake that caused me some confusion: Japanese Victory screen (F8) does not show you cannot lose a city for UHV1 (Civilopedia states it correctly though).

I sometimes like to change my leader's name as time progresses, kind of the same way that the AI leaders change. However I've noticed my leader name sometimes tends to reset back to the original default name. As I don't always see my leader name displayed it's not easy to spot when it occurs. So I wanted to ask if there are any instances you're aware of that would cause it or is it a bug? If it's the latter, I can try and see my saves if I can notice any specific turns the leader name reset takes place.
In addition to this, no matter which leader I choose on the leader select screen, it switches me back to the first leader option (Alfred for England, Kammu for Japan, etc.). This isn’t a huge deal but I’ve noticed it since the leader options were first added.

It is 1350 when Ottoman had conquered Constantinople and made it new capital. In next turn, Ottoman will conquer Naissus in Balkans and their capital will automatically move to Ankara again.
I assume it's because all national wonders will be destroyed upon city capture. When capturing Constantinople, Ottoman will immediately be granted a palace in it (relocateCapital in RFCUtils.py). In next turn, Constantinople is still in anarchy so the new palace is destroyed. Since there exists no palace at all, the system will automatically assign a new palace for Ottomans, which is the first-ID-city Ankara.
Do you have an example of the palace being removed that I can look into? This behaviour isn't immediately reproducible for me.

Sometimes when reloading a save congress timer seems to get confused. In the second save there was originally a post-war congress on the next turn. On reload there is also a normal congress, causing two congresses to be held simultaneously.
Do you also have a save from the previous turn? Considering that I cannot restore the initial situation where only one congress is held, a previous save would be helpful.

I was unable to build the Itsukushima Shrine in any of my cities for some reason, despite having researched Logistics, being Buddhist and all my cities being coastal. Latest git revision. Should I upload a save?
According to the game state, the Itsukushima Shrine has already been built, even though it is currently not on the map. Did you use world builder to build it before?

600AD I think it was
Oh yeah, I accidentally defined the historical construction date of Itsukushima Shrine as 593 instead of 1593, so the game considers it "already built" in the 600 AD scenario. Will be fixed.

I tried the latest git today. The "reverted the player leader choice at the beginning of game" bug still persists. No big deal - just mentioning it.
Has there been a major change on the slot /civ usage? On a few of my recent playthroughs, the Thai, Mugals, and sometimes Americans don't spawn.

Cheers

I tried the latest git today. The "reverted the player leader choice at the beginning of game" bug still persists. No big deal - just mentioning it.
Has there been a major change on the slot /civ usage? On a few of my recent playthroughs, the Thai, Mugals, and sometimes Americans don't spawn.

Cheers
It works for some but not others. I can pick Hannibal no problem, but, for example, it still reverts the Turks to Bumin

My current game crashes after I hit enter. It's the most recent version
EDIT: I tried switching to another technology for 1 turn and then back to Logistics, which solved the issue. Still this savefile might be interesting to examine for bugs :)

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga AD-1532 Turn 441.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks you trying to find one. I would like to prevent buildings from being deleted in the first place.

My current game crashes after I hit enter. It's the most recent version
EDIT: I tried switching to another technology for 1 turn and then back to Logistics, which solved the issue. Still this savefile might be interesting to examine for bugs :)
"The most recent version" implies 1.16.6 for me, but I cannot open the save on that version.

Top Bottom