• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I have the same issue here (same game, later date). This time however I didn't find a way to avoid the crash. It's so unfortunate, I've been trying to win as Japan for over 3 weeks now and this game I am sure I'll beat it :(

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga AD-1836 Turn 546.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
@Leoreth Could you look into this one? The version is 1.16.3 or 1.16.4 downloaded from Welcome to DOC thread (file date is 2020/12/5). It takes Turkestan as example to show how a palace is "destroyed" when capital is moved.
In current turn (1000AD), you will see, Turkestan is spawning conquerors in Persia, while capital is Orduqent and palace is here.
In next turn (1010AD), Turkestan conquered all Persia and move their capital to Susa. But there's no palace in Susa. If you put a palace by WB, in next turn it still disappears. Only when the anarchy ends, the manually-put palace won't disappear.
The no-palace-situation won't last long. Several turns later, a new palace is assigned to the most populous city.
Figure1.jpg
Figure2.jpg

Attachments

• AD1000 - PalaceLostExample.CivBeyondSwordSave
    833.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Some python exceptions have show up right after the autoplay begins and when loading saves. This is from the most recent update (today).

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.pngScreenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.pngScreenshot_10.png

Oh, sorry. Pushed another fix that should address this.

This isn’t specific to the mod, but today BTS has started giving me the “your machine is below specification, the graphics settings have been lowered”. It does it a second time after I load the mod. I’m on a laptop that’s less than a year old, is there a way to resolve this or stop it from checking? I don’t want to have to go into settings every time and put everything back.

Some turns before an civilization rise, its mechanics provides some unintended problems, for example: Some turns before the ottoman rise, all independents units are moved to the closest non-controlled tile (in the case of the image, they are moved to Cyprus) and the cities stay unprotected and vulnerable to conquest by anyone (since they are not protected against war declarations). Even if they would flip to the rising civilization, this kind of possibility makes opening to saking and razing these cities which could take out advantages to the new born civilizations.
Screenshot_59.png

When Veneze flipped to Italy, my boat that was trained in Veneze has been moved to Wien instead of another port city or even the closest non-controlled sea tile.
Screenshot_58.png
Even after the trigger's time, the vikings still send units to capture Dublin and to colonize Vinland
Screenshot_57.png
Elective civic trigger republican dynamic names when combined with Constitution.
Screenshot_41.png Screenshot_40.png Screenshot_55.png Screenshot_54.png

The description of the Post Office building in the civilopedia says that the building allow the city to hire one Artist and one Statesmen
Screenshot_51.png

Most of the time when Arabia declares war to Byzantion during its rise, the conqueror army spawns in Crete.
Screenshot_49.png

Playing the latest git version with China: the Confucian URV having 5 wonders in holy city gives "goal failed" shortly after founding Confucianism.

This isn’t specific to the mod, but today BTS has started giving me the “your machine is below specification, the graphics settings have been lowered”. It does it a second time after I load the mod. I’m on a laptop that’s less than a year old, is there a way to resolve this or stop it from checking? I don’t want to have to go into settings every time and put everything back.
I don't know, maybe ask in the general forum for technical problems.
When Veneze flipped to Italy, my boat that was trained in Veneze has been moved to Wien instead of another port city or even the closest non-controlled sea tile.
View attachment 637269
Can you upload a save from the turn before this occurs?
Even after the trigger's time, the vikings still send units to capture Dublin and to colonize Vinland
View attachment 637268
What do you mean after the trigger? After their expansion effect expires? Did those units spawn or were they ferried there by boat?

Playing the latest git version with China: the Confucian URV having 5 wonders in holy city gives "goal failed" shortly after founding Confucianism.
A save for this situation (e.g. around Confucianism being founded but before the goal fails) would also help.

What do you mean after the trigger? After their expansion effect expires? Did those units spawn or were they ferried there by boat?
Well, I though that the vikings conquering Dublin and settling in northeast Canada was part of a series of triggers to made this civilization act more close to history. But returning to what I have mean in this post: in renaissance or industrial age, the vikings still attack and settle these regions. The screenshot I posted shows that they can still do this out of the viking expansion age. Also, the english shows no intention of conquering Dublin, but wait until the city peacefully joins their civilization by cultural means. In all cases I have noted this, the units are ferried by boat to these regions.

Loading a save in the newest version of the mod (git version) causes the game to crash. Is that intended?
Always expect git updates to break savegame compatibility.

RE: troubleshooting - I too experienced the graphics setting error. I believe it is due to the air unit intercept circling change that resets the game options. Leoreth, please note this on the next non-git release so people won't flood the bug report thread.

The ottoman/turkish rise without any techs researched. Only after their first turn in the game, they receive all their techs and religion programmed. Save attached.

Attachments

• Barbarossa AD-1270 Turn 248.CivBeyondSwordSave
    691.8 KB · Views: 5
See attached confucianism save a few turns before error

Attachments

• AutoSave_Bronze Age Turn 164.CivBeyondSwordSave
    306 KB · Views: 6
The ottoman/turkish rise without any techs researched. Only after their first turn in the game, they receive all their techs and religion programmed. Save attached.
When I open the save the Ottomans spawn the next turn by flipping Konya, and they have appropriate starting technologies.

Top Bottom