• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I see. I have loaded the save again and it still appears but quickly returns to the programmed status before the turn begins. Maybe the latest update have fixed the issue.

I have found other bugs:

When playing with the turks, ending the turn creates this python exception. Save attached.
Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG

When Egypt reborn with Islam as their state faith, some cities are not changing its names to their islamic variations.
Screenshot_71.pngScreenshot_73.pngScreenshot_74.png

Attachments

• Bumin AD-0620 Turn 183.CivBeyondSwordSave
    270 KB · Views: 3
When I open the save the Ottomans spawn the next turn by flipping Konya, and they have appropriate starting technologies.
I too have seen the "spawn early" bug on earlier git versions over the past month. When playing from the 3000BC start I often see the Polish collapse in the 1600's and the Prussians spawn early without any techs with capital of Danzig (sometimes they never build berlin). My suspicion is this is the "rebirth" mechanic gone slightly awry - technically this is a collapsing civ in the dead civ's core zone. Unfortunately I don't have any saves to share.

But the save in question was from the Ottoman spawn turn, it was not an early spawn.

Hi,

This is from the latest released version. The UN resolutions for granting independence to civilizations / resurrecting them have their texts somehow messed up. Here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• 2022-08-24 (1).png
    2022-08-24 (1).png
    5.2 MB · Views: 44
Hey, since the update where the options changed, civ has been wonky. When I start it up I get a message saying my PC is below recommended specs (which is never was before), then when I call up DoC it's extremely choppy. I've been holding off on playing it since, trying a few options changes here and there but to no effect.

Any advice?

What do you mean by "extremely choppy"? Check your graphics settings, they might need reconfiguring as well. The game is not able to detect most modern PC specifications, so it warns "below recommended specs" by default. This probably also happened when you originally installed BtS for the first time.

Poland first UHV is not checking correctly when achieved by the player. Save attached. Just end the turn.

Great Firewall text in civilopedia have un error.
Screenshot_81.png

Playing with the mughals, when I moved the mouse to see the city informations, there isn't a forge present. But if the player open the city tab, the forge is there.
Screenshot_77.pngScreenshot_78.pngScreenshot_79.pngScreenshot_80.png

When settling Poti with the ottomans, the name still in its georgian variation instead of its ottoman one (Fash).
Screenshot_82.png

Attachments

• Casimir III AD-1400 Turn 261 (UHV BUG).CivBeyondSwordSave
    805.6 KB · Views: 4
What do you mean by "extremely choppy"? Check your graphics settings, they might need reconfiguring as well. The game is not able to detect most modern PC specifications, so it warns "below recommended specs" by default. This probably also happened when you originally installed BtS for the first time.

All animations lag severely (most noticably the spiraling effect underneath selected units), buttons aren't immediately responsive, zoom and pan are anything but smooth and take a few seconds to calibrate. It's odd, though, that there is no lag when zooming and planning in world builder. I've played around with all graphics settings but haven't had any luck so far. If it did happen when I first installed BtS, I don't remember, but even still, is there a way you know of to get it working normally again?

All animations lag severely (most noticably the spiraling effect underneath selected units), buttons aren't immediately responsive, zoom and pan are anything but smooth and take a few seconds to calibrate. It's odd, though, that there is no lag when zooming and planning in world builder. I've played around with all graphics settings but haven't had any luck so far. If it did happen when I first installed BtS, I don't remember, but even still, is there a way you know of to get it working normally again?
I believe I had the same issue on a previous PC. Either or restarting my computer and changing the game to windowed mode fixed it for me.

At the start of 1677 AD my Polish vassal collapsed.
One of its cities was handed to a not yet started Prussia civilisation.
Giving Prussia a 1 city start at 1677AD.
This game is played on game version 1.16.6 and on Marathon/Paragon game difficulty.
Find savegame on the turn before attached.

Attachments

• Barbarossa AD-1675 Turn 920.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Oh, this is probably the cause behind the "early spawns" that have been reported a couple of times, thanks for uploading.

I wanted to check a flipzone in the WorldBuilder V1.16.6. At first I was super happy as the leader names were replaced by the civilization name. However, only the alive civilizations were possible to select. The civilization I wanted to see was not yet born. Might be intended, but I then I don't see the point for flipzones.

Yeah, that feature doesn't really make sense anymore.

Also, is it intended that animals sometimes guard tribal villages? Annoying when you are exploring with scouts :p

Hello, Leoreth. I have similar problems with performance as described above (#8148) after pulling last patch, but only for Spanish Empire. For example, right from start of 1700AD scenario. And in 600AD too. WB don't have any problems. I have never seen similar before and even try to reinstall game and videodrivers - no effect

Upd: also Dutch Empire bugged

Last edited:
Installed the latest Git update. The new Gur-e-amir effect is causing an error everytime its effect kicks in.
Spoiler Gur e amir :
20220830204118_1.jpg

I also noticed that stealing a technology wasn't rewarding 3 xp for my spy like it's supposed to. In my save, just steal a technology from the Koreans.

Attachments

• Spy Experience.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Gur e Amir.CivBeyondSwordSave
    980.6 KB · Views: 4
20220830131125_1.jpg

Saudi Arabia respawned oddly - only with Mekke and Ethiopia, for some reason, not sure if intended. Aksum was Portuguese. I do not have a save for it, unfortunately (but it was version before spy update).

20220829120222_1.jpg

Also, some victory regions are displayed with "the" before the name in tile description (like "the Mediterranean") I noticed the same with Tamils too.

Do you know if Arabia has ever controlled Aksum?

Top Bottom