Bug Reports and Technical Issues

The Turkic goal of creating an overland route from China to the Mediterranean isn't being completed. (All of the route is in under my culture.)
Spoiler An excuse to take a photo of my empire :
Fixed this with the latest commit, but the fix will not affect the ongoing game. So here is the same save with the goal completed instead.

Attachments

• Alp Arslan AD-0830 Turn 204.CivBeyondSwordSave
    666 KB · Views: 30
Is Colombia's trade goal supposed to be 3000 gold on the lowest game speed? Because I'm playing that and it was.

Attaching a random save JIC.

Attachments

• Bolivar AD-1849-January Turn 1082.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Bug.
upload_2021-12-24_23-44-42.png

bug in next 4 turns

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0660 Turn 564.CivBeyondSwordSave
    705.8 KB · Views: 11
Is Colombia's trade goal supposed to be 3000 gold on the lowest game speed? Because I'm playing that and it was.

Attaching a random save JIC.
Checked if I made a mistake, but it's always been like that. Even on 1.16.0 the goal requires 3000 gold on normal speed.

Attacked England during its rise of civ phase... Am I really supposed to get that many conquerors?

vikings_england.png

(Saves before and after in attachments.)

Attachments

• Ragnar AD-0970 Turn 218.CivBeyondSwordSave
    790 KB · Views: 10
  • Ragnar AD-0970 Turn 218-1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    791.3 KB · Views: 9
That looks wrong, I will have a look. Could be that there's an unintended feedback loop with your expansion bonus and its birth protection.

Playing as Rome I tried refusing the flip of Spain which first of all causes us both to get some pretty insane stacks of troops because of the new Rise of Spain as well as the Roman Expansion still kicking in (which may not be intentional). I got 18 units and Spain is sitting on a whopping 42.

More seriously though, while retreat chance only shows up as somewhere between 1-8% for every legion, they all invariably retreat. As this could be a statistical oddity I ran some other tests.

I also tried spawning in 6 Marines right next to the Moors capital through World Builder and attacking. They show no retreat chance in the tooltip, but 4 out of 6 retreated from combat.

On the Arab capital, 5/6 retreated. Viking capital, 6/6. Byzantine capital (which does not have the Rise of modifier) seems to work as normal.

Edit: I'm playing on the Git version updated Thursday 2021-12-30.

upload_2022-1-5_17-19-33.png

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0744 Turn 296.CivBeyondSwordSave
    705 KB · Views: 8
Yeah, I did not really consider the interaction between two civs that either both benefit from birth protection or where one benefits from birth protection and the other from expansion bonuses.

I think the retreat behaviour stems from a) birth protected units that defend being able to retreat if their health is reduced below 50% (as long as it started above 50%) and b) expansion units having +50% retreat chance on attack. That means that if an expansion benefited unit attacks and wins, it ends in a retreat on the defender's part, and if it loses, there is a high chance that it will retreat itself.

Especially, if you only attack undamaged birth protected units, you will virtually 100% see a retreat, that is intentional.

Likewise, I think there is a feedback loop between the free units that are possible to receive in these situations, leading to way more free units than intended. I need to look into that, and probably intend to make expansion bonus effects depend on the target not being birth protected.

Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I'll post here to see if it is or not.

So, England is fighting a war with Russia, Germany and Thailand. Independently of that war, I launch my own war as Iran to conquer British India. I begin making progress, claiming cities, when suddenly I am put into a forced peace with England as a congress begins, triggered by the conclusion of the other English war. Not only am I forced into a peace and congress negotiations, during the triggered congress England gets to reclaim one of the cities I conquered.

To say the least, this didn't leave a great taste in my mouth. I don't see why I wouldn't be given an option to not end my war. Turn before the congress attached.

Also, another thing I've noticed: Is it intended that you can now build farms on riverside desert tiles, and can now build cottages on tiles that provide no food (plains hills, desert, etc)? It used to be that you couldn't.

Attachments

• Abbas I AD-1832 Turn 1063.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Spain's first colony in America goal doesn't trigger either by conquering nor settling a city in the Americas on the 1.16.4. version.

Top Bottom