1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports Center

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Ginger_Ale, Nov 5, 2005.

1. josephmperry1

josephmperry1 Chieftain

This may be due to your CPU Overheating as I have noticed my PENTIUM D 3.2ghz CPU raises 10-15 d f when playing .

Add an internal fan and this prob will probably go away.

JP

2. josephmperry1

josephmperry1 Chieftain

It may be your internal CPU Temp. I have a Pentuim D 3.2ghz CPU and I notice a temprature increase of 10-15 d f Add an internal fan they cost around 10$

JP

3. montreal

montreal Chieftain

In Warlords, single games, when "show friendly moves" is on, the camera shows us enemy spy moves. You don't see the actual spy but the camera follows its movements.

I know this because at some point in one of my games, the camera was moving around in areas where no other units were moving. As the turns went by it became obvious that the invisible unit was going for my oil well... Sure enough after a few turns I got the "there are reports of sabotage near ..." message and my well was gone. This has happened more than once.

4. montreal

montreal Chieftain

Congratulations for figuring out that it was the SAM infantry unit... You can fix the problem yourself, it's quite easy:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4354457&postcount=8

5. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

6. Lord of Civ

Lord of Civ Chieftain

These are some graphic bugs in Civ4-Warlords.

Sorry if someone already posted these graphic bugs.

This normally happens when i open the diplomacy window. It also cause the Windows Virtual Memory to be very Low. The game was very slow when i got into Industrial Age and Modern Age or when there are many cities on the map. :(

I also shutted down Norton Antivirus 2005 and Norton Firewall 2005 included Spyware Doctor but this still happen. I also had to restart the computer to flush the memory after closing the game because the game had made the computer slow even if it is closed.

Note: I use Sony Vaio Computer with Windows XP Media Center Edition which is really fast and should be OK for this game and for any media entertainment. Also the Update Patch Version 1.61 was applied included latest Nvidia graphic driver update.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm Chieftain

In warlords, when I open my civic options screen it does not completely open and the only option is to cancel, which doesn't work. The only way out is to hotkey to another screen and then exit to the main screen. Given these circumstances, I cannot change civics. Utterly annoying.
    I have not figured out how to fix it yet and this is what I have ascertained:
    -It opens and operates just fine in vanilla
    -It's not my video driver or card (T2 customer support suggestion)
    -I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice; no help
    -my hardware is sufficient for the task
    -I am at my wits end for figuring this out and I really, really wanna play!

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to fix it? Please let me know
    e-mail: whitemanabroad@yahoo.com

8. cesareDH

cesareDH Chieftain

Shuts down with no warning. I have more than adequate video card and RAM. Just started doing this recently. I uninstalled a CapWiz program that wasn't acting right, but that didn't help. Need help. Thanx

9. seady

seady Prince

In another thread I saw the solution, but i can't recall where... there's a bug where the minsound is greater than the maxsound. I have notified take 2 support. They told me they don't support modding. That made my brain hurt. :mad:

10. jprc

jprc My dog is smarter than me

Problem: when a vassal capitulates AND gives a city, the Land statistics vs Original for the vassal (and probably the population %) are calculated as it is BEFORE the agreement, and not AFTER the agreement. If the vassal gives away a city when capitulating, statistics will be immediately reduced, and, instead of starting the Vassal Agreement with [Land: 100% of Original], it will be immediately lower!!!

Side effect: If a vassal gives away SEVERAL cities, or cities with large radius, then right after capitulating he can even be free again as the statistics can reach less than 50% of Original land!!!

Case: scenario "Chinese...", as soon as Chu Mi Lu capitulates, the statistics are [Land: 80% of Original] instead of starting at 100%.

1st pic shows the diplomacy screen before capitulation: I ask for the city of Sakae.
    warlord-Chinese scenario-before Chu capitulation-muBC.jpg

2nd pic: capitulation and city accepted: I immediately check the stats, and it shows that the Original land is already reduced.
    warlord-Chinese scenario-after Chu capitulation-land at 80%-296BC.jpg

Replicating the problem: with the saved game attached, attack and take the city of Yiang, contact Chu and ask for capitulation AND city of Sakae. after his capitulation, check Mu's stats.

11. ledhed

ledhed Chieftain

Memory allocation failure fatal error...............WTF ..this is an expansion !

How can it ship with this BUG ??

CTD....its as annoying as all hell ...anyone know of a fix ?

12. Ball Lightning

Ball Lightning www.sporedum.net

The game crashed when i was adding civs to the game. It happened when i doubled click on the civs.

13. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

Several times, the AI has founded a city two tiles from one of mine, and we were on the same continent. It has happened with both barbarians and other civilizations.

Öjevind Lång

14. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Deity

I think it's ok if there is water in between them. Or something like that.

It's not a bug, unless they can found cities in places you can't. And I don't think that's the case.

15. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

The AI has repeatedly founded cities two tiles from one of my cities, and no water of any kind inbetween.

Öjevind

16. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

To clarify what you mean by "two tiles from"; do you mean there are two tiles in between the cities (i.e. CXXC) or that the city is on the second tile from your city (i.e CXC). The first of these is permitted under all circumstances. The second is only permitted if the two cities are on seperate landmasses, and I have never observed this violated.

17. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

You are right, of course. D'oh. All I can say is that I *wish* there was a minimum of two tiles between two cities, but that would be a quite different discussion.

18. Xiahou Mao

Xiahou Mao Son of the Blind Xiahou

In the new 2.08 patch, there's a bug for Hotseat play. When the second player pushes F6 to open his Technology Advisor, he's given the first player's tech tree rather than his own.

19. jprc

jprc My dog is smarter than me

The Winner for the fastest bug report 5 hours after the patch being released!!!:goodjob:

This thread is too heavy...
    Perhaps now a new sticky thread should be open for discussing bugs AFTER patch 2.08? ...
    edited: thread 2.08 is open. Bye bye this one, and thank you...

20. flamingzaroc121

flamingzaroc121 Emperor

Xiahou Mao, ther is a fix for this posted by alexman righthere