Bug Reports Center

I'm not sure if this has been reported elsewhere (please add a search this thread function) but in my new Warlords game (with the patch) I've discovered that the various cathedrals don't match up. While I'm assuming that it's normal that some require stone for double rate, others copper or marble, not all of the versions religions provide that information. Nor do they all list how many more temples you need (some list 2/3 required or 8/9 required or somesuch, but not all of them do... sorry, I forgot my notes that had the breakdown, but at least two religions had the problem... Taoism and Islam???).

The search is available.

Attachments

• search.PNG
    search.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 128
no crunch, he means a search this thread function so you can see if anyone has posted and gptten an answer on this thread

flamingzaroc121 said:
no crunch, he means a search this thread function so you can see if anyone has posted and gptten an answer on this thread

Yes crunch, there's a "Search this thread" link on every forum page.

I know a Machine Gun is a siege unit but I don't think that offering the accuracy promotion is any use for this unit :)

Situation:
Upgraded a berserker with CR2 promotion to a machine gun (by mistake). The CR promotions where of course useless with the machine gun, but after leaving the unit to defend a city, the city gets attacked and the machine gun wins a few battles. I could then chose the Accuracy promotion (+10% city bombardment)

Annoying but not a bug:
Promoting a machine gun often leads to giving the MG a promotion against melee units after giving it a first strike promotion before because it's on the same spot.

Another bug is with a graphic:
In a stack of 19 units, ready to attack an enemy city, an infantry unit gets displayed as an infantry unit with 2 workers behind it whereas there are no workers at all in the stack. In the normal viewscreen it looks like 2 infantry men in front and two workers in the back with the second worker half merged with another infantry. Only the infantry is selected btw, not the whole stack.

All bugs reported are with Warlords 2.08

I've played a few games of Warlord where I have uranium but not oil, yet I cannot build destoryers/battleships/etc. The CivPedia says that these units require Oil "OR" Uranium.

JD

Ivory and Whale not showing up in city resource lists.
I'm in the 20th century (about 60 turns left) trying to maximize happiness, I have two Ivory camps within city limits, well-connected to trade network, and a Whale with whaling boats, also connected, I think (the city's on an island, and even THAT city is missing Whale...)
Do these resources become obsolete?

After some testing I found that Uranium revealed by physics and made usable by fission. So, I can build those units once I have researched fission.

Warlords 2.08 - The Chinese Cannon unit is still appearing as a big red ball.

Found typo in the Civlopedia. Under Frederick's Background entry, last
sentence of the 2nd paragraph reads, "Frederick assumed the throne of Prussia upon his father's death in 1840." Should be 1740.

Warlords bug- In Warlords just for grins I tried to play the celts. Their special structure is the Dun- It replaces the wall and is supposed to give you increased defense and a free guerilla I promotion to all land units. It does not do the latter.- Anyone else have this problem?

~Viracocha

Warlords bug- In Warlords just for grins I tried to play the celts. Their special structure is the Dun- It replaces the wall and is supposed to give you increased defense and a free guerilla I promotion to all land units. It does not do the latter.- Anyone else have this problem?

~Viracocha

Welcome to CFC :D
Anyway - it works as designed, but the civopedia is once again misleading - it gives guerilla I to all units that can get it, i.e. archery and gunpowder units - thats the reason why the celt UU is the only melee unit to get it...

Hi all I am new to the world of gamming and my knowledge of such is limited.
I received civ4 as a Christmas present but as yet have been unable to play it.
Game loaded fine and I was able to read everything. After installing the patch all the operating buttons and instruction appear to be in Chinese or something unreadable.
I have searched the forums and can not find a similar problem.
If you can help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks Irish

Hi all I am new to the world of gamming and my knowledge of such is limited.
I received civ4 as a Christmas present but as yet have been unable to play it.
Game loaded fine and I was able to read everything. After installing the patch all the operating buttons and instruction appear to be in Chinese or something unreadable.
I have searched the forums and can not find a similar problem.
If you can help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks Irish
Try the following:
open CivilizationIV.ini (located in ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4) - using NotePad or something similiar - and search for a line which says something like:

Code:
; English(0),French(1),German(2),Italian(3),Spanish(4) - Defaults to user-installed language
Language = 0
and set it to the appropriate language (since it sounds like an asian version the options might be different...

I have a problem about loading saved games. whenever i load a game ive previously saved it crashes to the desktop. how may i solve this? ive tried reinstalling but it still happens. i have v1.61 and i saved this games in this version. can anyone help?

I have a problem about loading saved games. whenever i load a game ive previously saved it crashes to the desktop. how may i solve this? ive tried reinstalling but it still happens. i have v1.61 and i saved this games in this version. can anyone help?

could you post a save? this might help... also does windows give you a error message why it crashes the game? oh and Welcome to CFC

thanks..how do i do that?..there's no error report..it just exits to the desktop like nothing happened..i look at task manager and surely civ4 isnt there..

To attach a file click on Go Advanced in the reply field and then on manage attachments...
One more thing: you could try to enable logging by opening the civilizationIV.ini and setting the following values:
Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1
this will result in a couple of log files in the Logs directory they might help - this may slow down your gameplay however...

Top Bottom