Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only mods: Community Patch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 prefixed.
Game: Continents, small.

Cities, both mine and not mine, lose their city banner and become un-selectable even from the Cities list. This continues even if I save and reboot my computer. Over many turns they slowly come back--my best guess, only a guess, is they come back when they grow.

Sample save attached. Let me know if you need any more info.

BTW, awesome set of mods, they're giving a whole second life to Civ 5.

Attachments

• invis cities.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Bug: Apostolic Tradition doesn't work with Spain.

If a city gets settled with your religion with its UA, the Golden Age points aren't given to Spain, effectively destroying the synergy. I bet that other UA with science bonus for converted cities doesn't work neither.

I doubt it's intended? I mean Spain is not exactly a powerhouse, it's not like it'd make Isabella overpowered.

I didn't try Tithe but since settling a city as Spain post-religion acquirement doesn't give you the pop-up the city was converted, I bet it also wouldn't work. Are the procs related to those pop-ups?

My caravels still can't enter ocean (they are upgraded Quinqueremes, if that's important). They don't have any related promotion as far as I can see. I only have the tech that unlocks them (Guilds IIRC), but not the later tech that allows for ocean embarkation (Astronomy?).

Playing the 1-3 version complete with EUI, Win 10, no other mods. Miniscule custom xml changes (min city distance and horse archer promotion done properly via notepad++).

Only mods: Community Patch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 prefixed.
Game: Continents, small.

Cities, both mine and not mine, lose their city banner and become un-selectable even from the Cities list. This continues even if I save and reboot my computer. Over many turns they slowly come back--my best guess, only a guess, is they come back when they grow.

Sample save attached. Let me know if you need any more info.

BTW, awesome set of mods, they're giving a whole second life to Civ 5.

You have a lua issue, as it works fine for me. Check for mods that affect the cityview or citybannermanager lua files.

If a city gets settled with your religion with its UA, the Golden Age points aren't given to Spain, effectively destroying the synergy. I bet that other UA with science bonus for converted cities doesn't work neither.

I'll check. Also second UA you mean belief, yes?

My caravels still can't enter ocean (they are upgraded Quinqueremes, if that's important). They don't have any related promotion as far as I can see. I only have the tech that unlocks them (Guilds IIRC), but not the later tech that allows for ocean embarkation (Astronomy?).

Fixed since 1/6 beta.
G

I haven't seen anyone talk about this, so it may be something on my end.
I've had three games in a roll that between turns 130 and 150 the game would just freeze up on the barbarians turn. There isn't a CTD, but I have to do a ctrl-alt-delete and then I get CivV is not responding.

I'm using the latest Beta version.

View attachment Lua.zip

I haven't seen anyone talk about this, so it may be something on my end.
I've had three games in a roll that between turns 130 and 150 the game would just freeze up on the barbarians turn. There isn't a CTD, but I have to do a ctrl-alt-delete and then I get CivV is not responding.

I'm using the latest Beta version.

View attachment 402962

Which latest? Is Arabia in your game? I caught a bug in 1/8 where Arabia's UA could 'go infinite' on a turn and cause a CTD. Fixed for 1/10.

G

Which latest? Is Arabia in your game? I caught a bug in 1/8 where Arabia's UA could 'go infinite' on a turn and cause a CTD. Fixed for 1/10.

G

The 1/8 Beta version from the original OP, not the updated one that's later in the thread.
No to Arabia.

Not sure, then. Could be another mod causing it.
G

I'm not really using many other mods besides yours.

Calypso's - religion mods
A barbarian increased spawn rate mod
Bloublou's - ancient ruin choice mod
Some of Whoward's pick-n-mix mods

I have taken the barbarian and ruin choice mods out now and I'm about to start another game.

Thanks for your hard work and reply.

I'll do my best to describe the issues I've found since downloading the patch project
- No other mods used besides the complete Patch install (including EUI) using the automatic downloader
- I've cleared the cache, deleted all saved games and mods and have reinstalled multiple times to no avail
- My Civ5 game is up-to-date

Issues:
1) No great prophets spawn for me or cpu (including Great Wonders builds). They never appear
2) Can't improve new luxury resources (lapis, perfume, any of them). I have the tech to improve and the option doesn't exist to put down a mine or plantation on any of them.
3) Noticed that Caravels can't enter the ocean until I researched Astronomy (the old place for Caravels) even though they appear in an earlier tech. It's not really a huge issue since you can enter the ocean after Astronomy if that was intended I just noticed it and though I'd mention it.

Thanks!

You have a lua issue, as it works fine for me. Check for mods that affect the cityview or citybannermanager lua files.

Definitely no other mods active, but it may have been a misunderstanding about the install on my part.

I used the installation program for 1-3 which gave me 6 new options, 1-5 and 6a. Since I don't have EUI installed, I thought I was only supposed to use 1-5, not 6a. However, turning on 6a as well let's me see the hidden cities, and looking under 1 and 2 I don't see a LUA directory under them like I expected.

So it appears that with the installation program, you need to run 6a as well, whether using EUI or not?

Definitely no other mods active, but it may have been a misunderstanding about the install on my part.

I used the installation program for 1-3 which gave me 6 new options, 1-5 and 6a. Since I don't have EUI installed, I thought I was only supposed to use 1-5, not 6a. However, turning on 6a as well let's me see the hidden cities, and looking under 1 and 2 I don't see a LUA directory under them like I expected.

So it appears that with the installation program, you need to run 6a as well, whether using EUI or not?

You need to use 6b (No-EUI compatibility).

G

You need to use 6b (No-EUI compatibility).

G

Ah, I see now, the "Community Patch Project Automatic Installer" installs EUI, so I was using it without realizing it. I just went to install EUI and the folder was already there under DLC. So I *do* need 6a, and that explains why no LUA folders under 1 and 2.

Ah, I see now, the "Community Patch Project Automatic Installer" installs EUI, so I was using it without realizing it. I just went to install EUI and the folder was already there under DLC. So I *do* need 6a, and that explains why no LUA folders under 1 and 2.

You can choose the 'no EUI' option in the installer.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom