Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Bugs with the Community Patch?

Official Bug Report Page: Github Issues Page

Please report all bugs that are confirmed by the Community Patch Team to our Github Issues page!

Bug Reports FAQ and Guidelines:

If you encounter a problem with the Community Patch, please inform us. To make this process useful to us, please follow the guidelines below:

• Source: Before posting about bugs, please note that, do to the many variables introduced by mods, it is very difficult and/or impossible for us to diagnose a bug if you are running other mods in addition to the Community Patch and its recommended list of mods (see the 'How to Install' thread). If you are absolutely certain that the Community Patch is causing the bug, let us know. If you have a hunch that it is the Community Patch, let us know as well, but note what mods you are using.
  • Description:Please do not just post a generic 'there was a crash on Turn 23 plsfix thx' response - that is not terribly useful. Let us know what you were doing, post screenshots, etc. The more descriptive you are, the easier it is for us to find the problem.
  • Understanding: We are human (most of us), and bugs are a natural part of any mod's life-cycle. Please do not spam demands for fixes - one post is enough, unless we ask for more information. Also, do not be impatient or angry. We are not professional game developers, and our time is split between modding and real life. We will do what we can, when we can.
  • Logging: Make sure logging is enabled and that you've checked the logs for anything obvious that may help.
  • Essential Information: If you encounter a bug, please make a post in this thread, along with the following:

1. MODS folder
    2. Savegame (if applicable)
    3. Information on crash/bug

If you make a bug report in another thread, there is a very good chance it will go ignored. Please help us keep the forum organized - only post bug reports here!

[*]Crash Dump: If you get a CTD, make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of the DLL, please attach the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CvMiniDump.dmp" to your bug report.

Cheers,
G

I'll add a couple of things ...

Edit: Which are now in the main list above :)

It crashes even before I can get into the setup screen.

I enable the mods;
click advance;
configuring game data;
crash

[ community patch v1 ]
[ InfoAddict (v 22) ]
[ DLL - Various Mod Components (v 52) (without dll) }

(I know it's designed for using together with CSD v24 and its city state v4 (without its dll), but believe me; I've tried that also, with same result)

All mods I have tried have worked. I mean, I can easy get CSD to work. But only on its own. When I have to have Dll v51 combined, that my computer can't handle it. I've tried deleting the cache. Using newer version of the dll. Older versions. Enable the community patch mod last. All I can think of.. Verified the game catche. Downloading latest drivers. I also ran spyware, I didn't know what to do. I'm a bit clueless.

A shame, I'm really curious to try the community patch v1. But after three days, even my tireless brain beginning to give up :) Maybe it's a hardware problem. I'm using directx9. If it was a .lua problem, I had with almost certainly been able to start the game, right?

And because I can't start the mod I didn't generated a crash dump. However, I'm sending over the log files. All of them. I don't know, maybe it's information you could use as a black box. I'm crossing my fingers ;)

View attachment Logs.7z

What major DLC do you own for civ 5? All three (G&K, BNW, vanilla) are pretty much required at this point for the CP.

Try this:

- Delete all the files in your Documents/My Games/Civ 5/cache folder.
- Right-click your steam install of Civ, click properties, go to the files tab (I think it is called files) and click 'verify integrity of game cache. Let that finish.
- Take all of the mods out of your mod folder, and install brand new ones (Mod components v52, CSD, etc.), making sure that the only DLL is the DLL of the Community Patch.
- Run the game, enabling all of the mods (Community Patch should be the last mod you enable).
- Try to run the game.

Let me know if this works – it sounds like your game is refusing to load the mod's dll.
G

- Civ and scenario pack; mongols, genghis khan
- Conquest of the new world deluxe scenario
- Gods and kings
- Brave new world

I tried it, and the same outcome. I uninstalled everything, and then installed it again through steam. But still the same. My computer is allergic to "Dll - various mod components" :/ I give up. Well, maybe not, but a bit sad because the update you've been pushing for looks so good and fun. But it's still early days, I mean, it's still version 1, it's normal with child diseases :)

Using everything but the 2 mods related to Civ4 Diplomacy, I can't seem to be able to load any save. Whether I click on Load Game from inside a game or I go through the main menu to Load Game, it always seems to load for a second or two (the cursor turns into a globe) and then Civ5 closes without any notification.

I tried using v52 of DLL - Various Mod Components without any more success. For reference, I use the v1 of the CP that is linked in the "How to install" post. I made no change to the files besides deleting DLLs (not the CP one).

Edit: I do also use Enhanced UI. I removed the required files in the mods so that it works correctly.

Edit2: I now even tried with only DLL & CP and it still doesn't work, saves still don't load.

Edit3: Tried only DLL (v52) and it works, save loads.

Last edit: Redownload CP v1, tried with DLL (v511) and no luck... I wonder if this is something on my end? I suppose it'd have been reported already otherwise.

Opera,
Your situation sounds similar to the issue Dekraa has. I'm not sure precisely where the issue lies, as I've tested multiple iterations of the mod (including installing Civ and following the install process from scratch).

When you look in the root folder of your Civ 5 install, is it producing a MiniDump, or some kind of dump or crash file? If it is, and the file is not 0kb, mind linking it to me?
Thanks,
G

Yes, here it is.

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.zip
    55.4 KB · Views: 179
Okay, I took a quick look at the crashdump (very early crashes during load do not leave a lot of breadcrumbs), however it appears that there is a versioning issue at play here. Are you (and Dekraa) 100% positive that you are running the latest version of Civ 5? I'd also make sure your cache is cleared out before loading the mod, and make sure to enable the Community Patch after all other mods are enabled.
G

I tried clearing the cache, it did not improve anything. I can start a game fine but I can't load a save.

I always activated it last and I did so in my last try too. As far as civ5's version, I believe so. It's through Steam and I didn't stop it from updating the game. I'm also not in any beta (if there are any), so I don't see how I could have a wrong version. I own all the DLCs too.

In the My Games folder, there's a ModUserData folder. Should I delete its contents?

I know I have the latest updates, patches. There's something else. Maybe it will iron itself out along the development.

Today I downloaded the latest Community Patch. During the game (half an hour), the game crashed. I wanted to load a savegame, but they do not work.

The last time they seemed to work before updating the Community Patch, I think so.

glad a fix is forthcoming im getting a lot of CTD's. not like before but total CTD's when I try and play my game.

Great work of merging it all together in one folder. Now, meral mortals, as me, could get this working. Unfortunely my game CTD immediately I try to load this version as well :/ I find it strange that every other mod around Internet I've tried have worked, no problem.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=440525

This is a good thread of going step by step if you are getting CTD.

Edit: It just takes a couple of seconds when loading the mod and it crashes. It surely must be a missmatch of my version of files and the ones the mod is looking for. Could it be something else than the Civ5 folder? Like a window dll or something that the mod is searching for? My game and files should be up to date as I've deleted it once, and let Steam re-install it, with the DLC and both expansions and the latest updates. I've deleted the cache, and the moduserdata. I've verified the game cache. I've only run this mod, and nothing else in mod folder, as I've found out that the game run all mods, those even that are not enabled. But to no avail apparantly. I'm running out of options.

Unfortunely my game CTD immediately I try to load this version as well

Let's start with the basics (ie crawling before running)

Download the CORE version and install it
Remove the FULL version and/or FULL+CSD (et al) from the MODS sub-directory
Remove "DLL - Various Mod Components" (and/or the 34 civ version) from the MODS sub-directory
Remove EUI
Remove any other pseudo-DLCs
Start Civ, disable ALL mods except the CORE version
Set-up and start a game.

If that fails to start, Gazebo will need the CvMiniDump.dmp file (which will be in the same sub-directory as the main civilization.exe file)

I ran the newest version of the mod through 169 turns with no issue. I saved the game. Then later when I tried to load it the game crashes each time.

A made another new game just to test it out and it worked fine for me.

Just to clarify, even after a complete reinstall, you will need to do an updste check via the Steam app. As strange as it sounds a fresh install doesn't actually give you a complete system. Not that I think this the problem in this case. Just a reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom