Bug Reports

Not really a bug, but wouldn't College of Heralds be a better name for the Noble Houses National Wonder. The building comes with Heraldry, anyhow. Noble Houses doesn't seem to denote a building, but rather a civic, so the name seems inapt. The College of Heralds was an actual building that existed, and each "Kingdom" would have had one, so it is to my mind, a better name for the structure.

Here's an altered Civpedia for a change from Noble Houses to College of Heralds.

Spoiler :

Nobility is a traditional hereditary status that exists today in many countries (mainly present or former monarchies). The term originally referred to those who were "known" or "notable" and was applied to the highest social class in pre-modern societies. In the feudal system (in Europe and elsewhere), the nobility were generally those who held a fief, often land and/or office, under vassalage, i.e. in exchange for allegiance and various, mainly military, services to the Monarch and at lower levels to another nobleman. It rapidly came to be seen as a hereditary caste, sometimes associated with a right to bear a hereditary title and, for example in pre-revolutionary France, enjoying fiscal and other privileges.

Armory originated in the 12th century in the Anglo-Norman lands and quickly spread to much of Europe. At that time the full face helm came into vogue making it difficult to identify armored men in battle and in tournaments (which were free-for-all melees in this period, far different from the formalized jousts of Elizabethan times). Great lords (and soon thereafter all knights) decorated their shields and surcoats ("coats of arms") with distinctive designs--their "arms".

Heralds became experts at identifying knights by their arms since that was part of the herald’s job as a tourney officiant. The next step was for heralds to start recording arms; they developed armorials-a reference book or roll picturing or describing (blazoning) arms. Since heralds were familiar with arms they were consulted by knights wishing to assume arms. The herald could tell the knight if their desired design conflicted with an established one ("Certes, sir, a red shield with three gold lions passant would look smashing but those arms are already taken by the king of England").

By the fourteenth century, lords began hiring their own private heralds, who added to the lord’s prestige by announcing his name, titles, and boasts as he entered the tournament field. The herald would be given a title derived from his employer’s titles, badges, or mottoes. By the fourteenth century there were three levels of herald: king of arms, herald of arms, and pursuivant of arms. A king of arms was the ranking herald for a kingdom or province and are the only people besides royalty and peers who actually get to wear a coronet (only at the sovereign’s coronation, of course). They were originally called kings of heralds, after the medieval custom of naming a "king" for any group, even a "king of beggars" for the senior beggar of a town.

In 1484 Richard III of England gave the royal heralds a charter incorporating them as the College of Heralds and granted them Coldharbour House in London as their headquarters. There was, of course, something of a change of administration a few month’s later and Henry VII gave Coldharbour to someone else, so the College was without an official home until they were granted Derby House in 1555 (the College is still located on this site).

im fine with that, makes sense anyhow.

First of all I like to thank you for such a great effort. Your MOD is wonderful. I have just started my first game with France and I am enjoying it so much.
A little bug I ran into is that the Chevalier unit is missing its shader so it is represented by three hemi-globes. The cause is a little typo in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml, in the following part:

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_FRANCE_UU1</Type>
……………
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Chevaillier/Knight </SHADERNIF>
………………
The underlined path should be:

<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Chevaillier/Knight_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>

I changed it and it worked fine for me.

if you get the bug fix some graphics are updated but the knight apears as the dot then.

I have just downloaded the changed units graphics (Thanks for pointing me to the thread by the way) .
The Chevalier bug is fixed in the updated CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml.
I also checked the Knight after applying the fix and it seems to be fine.

And by the way can there be a dedicated thread for similar bug fixes that users can contribute. It will help in integrating them all in the coming release I think.

Townhall is not being built by the computer controlled civs. I suspect the reason is that the building gives no obvious benefit. It is simply a gateway to other more important buildings. The AI is not setup to figure this out, and so doesn't build an otherwise useless structure. To fix this, we need to create some positive benefit(s) from the structure... perhaps +happiness or influence, or something to do with maintenance or taxes.

isnt townhall a weakend couthouse, or do you mean town square?

good point. since a town square was a gathering point to tell new ideas, and for people to sell their wares, mabey a few beakers or +1 commerce for hamlets. but that might be overpowered for human players.

I made a quick fix for the Town Square bug...

In this thread... simply unzip and place the buildinginfo file in the Assets...Buildings folder, overwriting the original. I only changed 3 numbers. The AI now builds the Town Square... and ought to build the buildings it subsequently allows.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5647629#post5647629

The following Buildings are missing their 3D graphics (The ones that appear in city screen when building, in civileopidea, and on map):

Catholic Convent
Gallows
Inn
Keep
Tavern

not really a serious bug, but I thought the list would help.

The little icons for resources. The ones that appear in tooltips, and in city screen are missed up. This happens because the order of entries in Civ4BonusInfos.xml affects what icon is used. The solution is to keep the order as it is in vanilla file so new resources either replace old ones or get added to the end of the file. It might be an exhausting job but it is quite important in the city screen for one to know which resources are connected.

i am playing an epic/largemap/prince game as the byzantines and it says the game ends at 1300. i know thats not right as it says in the readme it ends at 1500, after the ottoman seige of constantinople. i belined to silk road and i just built it. if the time is correct i wont even build my first trade allaince by the time the game is done. Help???

Sounds like you're playing an epic or marathon game. I checked the WBS file, and the maxturns is set for 400, which is normal speed. Too late to change the settings for this game, but next time before playing, open the map file in notepad, and delete line 16, MaxTurns=400. This will make the game length match the game speed you choose.

I've made the same error many times creating a WBS map file... the map is saved with the game speed it is opened in when saved, so one must go in after creating and delete this line.

The small map likewise probably has the same problem.

whats wbs file and where is it?
im playing headserfs large map that comes with the mod.

Top Bottom