Bug Thread for Fallout LS Mod

I was unable to finish my test due to pending domination from the NCR, but I did make it past TURN 600 without a single CTD. I have a comment in regards to that defeat in the notes/Suggestions sections of my play test notes.

TURN 410
Spoiler :
Assert Failed

File: CvPlayer.cpp
Line: 12489
Expression: eIndex >= 0
Message: eIndex is expected to be non-negative (invalid Index)

----------------------------------------------------------

TURN
Spoiler :
Assert Failed

File: CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 11637
Expression: !pPlot->isVisibleEnemyUnit(this)

TURN 546

Spoiler :
Assert Failed

File: CvUnitAI.cpp
Line: 806
Expression: false

TURN 603
Spoiler :
Assert Failed

File: CvUnit.cpp
Line: 13443
Expression: verifyRoundsValid(kBattle)

Found it :)

Ahh i see you made it to the 'end' of the demo :)

basically only the frist era of techs have been done so far, I need to spend the next little period of brain power creating the rest of the tech tree, I think that is the next 'best' step to take, i just need the energy to let my imagination work some things through :), yes militia should be producable with just munitions, I have obviously not fixed a bit of code properly, so thanks for noting that :), I had a lot of fun last night spending an hour or 2 (lost track of time) reading the fallout timeline on the fallout wiki which is pretty cool, and helped to set a lot of things in place in my mind for the tech tree, but I still have to take what i once had, add it to what I have now, and mix it all in with the fallout lore and to make about 120 techs total!

Ok I have fixed the militia, I added the wrong resource by accident, and I also fixed a broken text string that grey found, I think we are almost at the end of testing for now, at least until I add some more content. You helped weed out some pretty major bugs though so good jobs all round! En_dotter has invited you guys to join a dev team group that he made so you are welcome there and we may hold some lively conversations there in the future who knows? (I haven't really looked at what the group functions are on here)

I have now added a debug and release version of the .dll to the mod folder, there is a folder in assets with debug and one with release, so just switch out the one you want from those and then put the other one back in it's folder (as for all intent and purposes they look identical so the folder it is in is all that differentiates it) So feel free to use either if you just wanna have some fun :)

All I hear is good things from you response, other than where I stopped I really enjoy the game so far. The Raiders were an ingenious idea, the wastelands aren't safe for your workers to whistle and work alone.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you with the Techs and Lore aspects, I'd be glad to give a hand. :)

Join the dev group, if you haven't already, and we can maybe look into you joining me on skype as well, but if the message functions on the group are any good, we may be able to collaborate their, I always tend to work better with someone there to bounce ideas around with. en_dotter helped me with laying out the first 30 techs, over a couple of short skype sessions so it is getting rather exciting :) We are practically a Dev Team now it would be great to have chus back, he helped me design the original faction traits.

I need to do more "research" myself. For me actually finishing the original Fallout, and starting and playing Fallout 2 is a great start. I sometimes just read lore for fun but that is mostly from the New Vegas wiki and therefore my knowledge and influence is skewed from the focus of the mod. I don't mind a skype call at all but I should probably make sure we are on the same page before I become apart of the brainstorm/idea refining process.

I wouldn't worry too much, partly the brainstorming can be helping you figure that stuff out as well, but Fallout has a bunch of great wikis on all the games for lore reading, i haven't done much reading on it for a while as my energy has been spent badly coding mods for Civ 4 :D But I remember enough to keep myself reasonably on track with the progression of the game.

I've actually not had the chance to play F3, but New Vegas is not a bad shot at redemption for Bethesda as it pays homage to Wasteland and the Original Fallout 3 (Van Buren) project. A good portion of the story comes from both games and it's Hardcore mode makes game play a completely different experience.

Yeah, my problem with the whole of F3/NV is the mediocre FPS engine, if they were going to make a major shift they should have at least gone for a TPS engine which in my opinion does absolutely everything better than FPS...oh well :)

the F3 franchise just could have been something magical and instead it is a fairly mediocre FPS with an amazing Pedigree....sigh

The lore, story, and role play elements are very strong though, the first time I encountered the Legion and came across the remains of their burnings and crucifixions I felt horror, sorrow, and then rage for vengeance. Know I'm not trying to advocate for the New Vegas ;) I'm just not partial to the format of the game so much as the three elements I mentioned.

I meant to ask I noticed new files coming from the dropbox is there a new update?

Happy Holidays everyone, just reporting after starting a test as The Civilised Ghouls that the Assert Failed bugs (at least the one's triggered from start up) have disappeared, but on turn one I experience a repeatable CTD.

Top Bottom