1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Wild West Mod' started by TC01, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Talquin

Talquin Chieftain

well then. i'll go back to my game and find something nobody else has done..... ;)

2. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

I've made some progress tracking down the crash.

The two assert failures in CvUnit::setXY were being caused because I was looping over all of a player's starting units and moving them to the new plot. However, because moving the first unit (the wagon train) moves the next two units (the starting colonists loaded in the wagon train), I really only needed to move the first unit. I was trying to move a unit to the same tile it was already at.

So that means that the only other issue is the call to CvTeam::isOpenBorders. Some function somewhere is passing a team index of -1 to CvTeam::isOpenBorders. I imagine that's what's actually causing the crash- and the reason it doesn't happen in the debugger is because the FAssert aborts the function before the crash can happen.

3. Talquin

Talquin Chieftain

two issues i noticed. took a picture to show.

4. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

I'm not sure if I've fixed the crash, but when I run a Final_Release build of the newest version of the DLL, I don't seem to get any crashes.

So hopefully, the problem is solved. I don't intend to spend any more time working on it for patch 0.42 (there are enough fixed things to release a patch now), but if it's not, I'll look at it again for 0.43.

I've fixed the text key errors. But I'm not sure what the icon error is. What had you just been doing in that city?

5. Talquin

Talquin Chieftain

i seem to recall that happens when i build something steam related or the train station, I think..

I don't know if this is a bug or not but if you choose to buy a locomotive it shows up in the same area as all of the other people that are religous migrants. You have to load it into a wagon, or another locomotive, and then tansport it back to the map, unload it , and then it works.

6. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

Then maybe it's either the train station icon or the steamworks icon that's messed up- I'll look into it.

Yes, that's definitely a bug. Not sure why, but I'll look into it.

7. Azraile

Azraile Chieftain

Some things I notced:

Boats need removed

Train needs to leave the home town on there own when bought...

maybe make it so troups can leave too, and treasure can be walked back.