Bug Thread

TC01

Deity
This thread is for people to post bugs or strange occurances they think might be a bug, or ideas on how to fix bugs that are not listed as fixed.

Reported Bugs: (Only bugs that are unsolved as of the latest patch)

Fixed, but not yet in a patch:

-Pioneers are messed up when reaching Journeyman status. (Hotfix available here)
-Crash when building Steamworks. (Hotfix available here)
-A few missing graphics (Trail button, Cattle button)
-The Lodge has a chance to reveal mineral resources, not the Mine as intended
-Some resources are appearing on wrong terrain
-Some text key errors for native civs

Things yet unfixed:

-Occasionally, game crashes when building a map (may have been fixed)
-Beer and Cloth combine on transports when sent to Home City
-An icon that's too big

When reporting a bug:

1. Make sure you've installed the 1.01f patch for Colonization by downloading it from CFC. This mod is designed for it, and if you don't install it, you will get crashes and possibly other bugs. And the in-game updater is unreliable.

2. Make sure you have installed the latest patch for Westward Ho- it may fix whatever bug you've encountered.

3. Make sure python exceptions are turned ON. To turn them on, go into your .ini file (_Civ4Config, it's called, in your Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization directory), and search for:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups.
HidePythonExceptions = 0

It should be set to 0.

If you get any python exceptions, post them.

4. Turn logging on by looking for [DEBUG] in that same file and turn everything related to logging on (by changing the number from a 0 to a 1). Specifically:

Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Enable synchronization logging
SynchLog = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

5 If you get a repeatable crash, please post a save-game.

6. Before reporting a bug, note if it is in the list of "Reported Bugs" or is on the changelog for the next patch (available in the the download thread). Obviously, if it is, it means we are already aware of it.

One thing I noticed while testing is that when I open world builder and save a Scenerio the next time I load the Scenerio the revealed plots are messed up. All the plots around my city are blacked out and the only way to reveal them is through the WB. There may be other problems as well but thats all I remember atm.

Strange. I'll have to investigate this for 0.32, as I'm about to release 0.31... it's probably Home Cities on Map causing trouble again, either the python or SDK.

Couple of weird bugs I ran into:

Firstly, if you change your name via the 'Your Details' button in the menu, you can no longer access the Europe screen. Python error:
Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 92, in showEuropeScreen

File "CvEuropeScreen", line 54, in interfaceScreen

File "CvEuropeScreen", line 85, in interfaceScreen2

File "sdToolKit", line 144, in sdGetVal

KeyError: u'Sean2'
ERR: Python function showEuropeScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface

Secondly, for some reason I was unable to purchase most goods from my home city. I could only purchase food and ore. A few turns later I could purchase anything, as normal.

However, a few turns after that, I ran into the third problem, which was that the background of the Europe screen just plain disappeared. It just showed a blank magenta background. When I started a new game the background was working fine again, so I don't think it's a corrupted install or anything. But that savegame just has a perpetually pink Europe screen now.

I see the problem with the first bug. The python is tying a player's name to their ability to access a home city. By changing the name, you remove the ability to access a home city.

This is a serious problem, since on revolution names are automatically changed. I'll tie it instead to player number, which makes a lot more sense. Two players could have the same name, for instance, and access each other's home city.

The second two I'm not sure about, though...

Just installed v0.4 and noticed a something right off we still have all the Colonial Units for Soldiers and such and not the new Rangers and Calvary and all.

The main thing is Wagon trains will not allow you to load units thats probably because of the UnitInfos need to be changed as well.

Just installed v0.4 and noticed a something right off we still have all the Colonial Units for Soldiers and such and not the new Rangers and Calvary and all.

The main thing is Wagon trains will not allow you to load units thats probably because of the UnitInfos need to be changed as well.

Strange. All units are their "normal" names... despite what the XML says.

Observe:

Code:
		<UnitInfo>
			<Type>UNIT_VETERAN</Type>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_VETERAN</Class>
			<UniqueNames/>
			<Special>NONE</Special>
			<Capture>NONE</Capture>
			<Combat>NONE</Combat>
			<Domain>DOMAIN_LAND</Domain>
			<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_OFFENSIVE</DefaultUnitAI>
			<DefaultProfession>PROFESSION_SOLDIER</DefaultProfession>
			<Invisible>NONE</Invisible>
			<SeeInvisible>NONE</SeeInvisible>
			<Description>Veteran Ranger</Description>

Soldiers have been Rangers since the first version (check the version Flintlock still has up). So why are they default now?

What's more, none of my renamed units have been, well, renamed...

Are the UnitInfos moduler now? Maybe it... ah yeah.. Modular loading. My forts mod yet again has all the UnitInfos so its loading them instead of the Westward Ho ones :p

I never Actually made Fort Mod Moduler.. I left in all the original tags so all that needs to be removed and just the new ones left in. I'll do that now and repost the mod then you should be able to just drop it in then.

Edit: Actually, you will have to add in the <ProfessionType>PROFESSION_FORT_COMMANDER</ProfessionType> and its art files to all The UnitInfos for Westward Ho.. then make CvUnitInfos None Modular.

Edit: I uploaded Forts to be more modular actually... but still you have to merge in the new Profession to the UnitInfos so they will have the Fort Commander Art.

Okay, it looks like I've fixed things now- I removed everything except the Fort Warehouse from the Fort unit info file and merged the Fort Commander profession graphics and the Build Fort command with the main CIV4UnitInfos.xml file.

I'll release this as a patch soon (assuming something else doesn't come up in the mean time).

EDIT: And merge the other changed files from the new version of Forts.

Okay, it looks like I've fixed things now- I removed everything except the Fort Warehouse from the Fort unit info file and merged the Fort Commander profession graphics and the Build Fort command with the main CIV4UnitInfos.xml file.

I'll release this as a patch soon (assuming something else doesn't come up in the mean time).

EDIT: And merge the other changed files from the new version of Forts.

Ok, cool. I noticed one other thing that bugs me and that is the Professions Pedia doesn't show all the correct professions. Thats cause the Professions Pedia is not very modder friendly. I'll work up a solution and send it to you some time in next day or two and you can add that in with a patch.

I DLd the mod yesterday but it is unfortunately unplayable because of the above bug - since the home city is on land, I can find no way to get new units out of the city.

Any idea when the patch will be up? The mod looks good, I'd like to try it.

I DLd the mod yesterday but it is unfortunately unplayable because of the above bug - since the home city is on land, I can find no way to get new units out of the city.

Any idea when the patch will be up? The mod looks good, I'd like to try it.

Well, I've got most of it ready but still have to merge the Professions pedia fix (and new version of Coal Burner) in. That will probably happen tomorrow.

I will be play testing this version over the next few days, or weeks as I am moving in a couple days to Texas :) Hehe, a real life journey to the Wild West, anyway, I noticed a couple things already.

-One my button art for building Trails is not appearing, nor is the button art for Cattle. There may be other errors along these lines just haven't played that far ahead yet
- Also, there is nothing we can do with Treasure Units as there is no Galleon to transport them nor is there a command to "Sail to Europe". So I guess we should figure out something to do with them or fixed the command so you can sell them to your "king".
- I get a CTD sometimes when starting a new game and have no idea what causes this. But when I do get a CTD it never happens twice in a row.

I will be play testing this version over the next few days, or weeks as I am moving in a couple days to Texas :) Hehe, a real life journey to the Wild West, anyway, I noticed a couple things already.

-One my button art for building Trails is not appearing, nor is the button art for Cattle. There may be other errors along these lines just haven't played that far ahead yet
- Also, there is nothing we can do with Treasure Units as there is no Galleon to transport them nor is there a command to "Sail to Europe". So I guess we should figure out something to do with them or fixed the command so you can sell them to your "king".
- I get a CTD sometimes when starting a new game and have no idea what causes this. But when I do get a CTD it never happens twice in a row.

I thought I made Locomotives able to carry Treasures... but evidently not.

Perhaps if you bring a Treasure to the Home City, you could have a "Give to President" command?

I know what's wrong with the Trails. I remember going into WB while testing 0.4 and finding that the Trail button was a pink screen. I don't remember what exactly I did to fix it, but that's probably why the build icon is wrong. Not sure why Cattle is wrong though.

As for the crashes... I'll compile a debug DLL and see if I can figure out why the crashes are occuring. Probably related to HCOM.

I thought I made Locomotives able to carry Treasures... but evidently not.

Perhaps if you bring a Treasure to the Home City, you could have a "Give to President" command?

I know what's wrong with the Trails. I remember going into WB while testing 0.4 and finding that the Trail button was a pink screen. I don't remember what exactly I did to fix it, but that's probably why the build icon is wrong. Not sure why Cattle is wrong though.

As for the crashes... I'll compile a debug DLL and see if I can figure out why the crashes are occuring. Probably related to HCOM.

Oh, ok I didn't know Locomotives could transport Treasures. That would work fine, but maybe we could add a command similar to the one that allows the King to transport the treasure for you for a fee so in case you need gold you can cash in one of your treasures.

The Cattle Icon is only messed up in game, not in the Pedia. I noticed it when I ran out of room for cattle and the game gave me a warning, the Icon for cattle was pink then.

And the crashes are strange actually, usually everytime I first load up a new install of WestwardHo and start a game I get a crash... but after that initial first time I don't get a crash. But my guess would be the HCOM as well.

Edit: Also, did you notice that one bug report mentioned here . I was going to check that bug out as well while testing.

I started a game like I said but its going to take me several days to be able to play through it, but as I do I'll make note of things like missing Icons or Icons I could improve on and make those up and send them to ya for the next update.

Edit: Also, did you notice that one bug report mentioned here . I was going to check that bug out as well while testing.

I started a game like I said but its going to take me several days to be able to play through it, but as I do I'll make note of things like missing Icons or Icons I could improve on and make those up and send them to ya for the next update.

I did notice that. Haven't had time to check on it though.

Your testing would be appreciated.

Just tried out this intriguing mod, and there's much to like! There seems to be a bug with journeyman pioneers, though. One of the first things that I do is use the initial, non-expert pioneer to build a railroad from my first colony to the home city. However, once the pioneer hits journeyman status, he stops building the railroad. Thereafter, he cannot build any communication lines at all, although the build buttons are still there. He simply travels along the intended build route. I have to buy a hardy pioneer to get any kind of a rail line built.

Also, shouldn't the movement allowance for scouts be higher, say, at least 4, considering that's how far wagon trains can move? (Shades of the original Colonization!)

I uploaded a fix for this here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=253321&d=1274668673

Minor Graphics bug : when your locomotive travels accross the map it goes in the right direction but the graphic is backwards in any direction that it travels.

nice to see that the locomotive can transfer treasure to the capital

Current game were i try to create a steamworks and it causes a ctd. if i upload the save would that help at all?

Top Bottom