1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Windows Key + M doesn't minimize game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by MeatUnit2, Sep 23, 2010.

1. MeatUnit2

MeatUnit2 Warlord

Pressing the Windows Key + M doesn't minimize the game (in Win 7 64 Premium).

2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Windows key + M minimizes my game. Windows XP, SP3 and directX 9.

3. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Doesn't work for me, either, in window 7. Works when I take it out of "full screen" mode.

4. Some1

Some1 Warlord

I don't know if you have paid attention to this:
    Since I usually play as windowed mode...
    All normal windows have the three buttons; minimize, resize/maximize and close.

Civ4 has all those, but Civ5 has only the close button at least in Win7 that is.

So basically it's like some Windows error notification windows which can't be minimized...

There's one workaround I've found, click the show desktop button, it will clear the screen - for a while.

5. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I'm now running Windows 7 and have some additional observations about this matter.

It's possible to display the Minimize button at the top right of the Civ 5 screen when running in Windowed mode. However, it only lasts for the current game session. Here's how to do so:

Start the game and enter the Options screen.

(1) If you are currently running in Fullscreen mode deselect that option and accept the change. You now should see a minimize control at the top right of the window and Win + M will minimize the game (and keep it minimized). This behavior seems to persist until you close Civ 5.

(2) If you are not running in Fullscreen mode, then select Fullscreen, accept, deselect Fullscreen and select again. You now should have the minimize control and everything works as it should for the duration of the current session.

Needless to say, this is still a bug because the minimize control should always be available. Also, I learned that Windows 7 introduced a new shortcut key combination, Win + D, that also displays the desktop.