BugConfig -failure parsing

GT Ranma

Slowest of the Slow
I've been having these errors for some time. I am pretty sure they are not suppose to be there.

Anyways, if someone could tell me what is going on, I would be grateful. I remember having this issue a long time ago, and had to do something... I forget.

I am using the newest version of the SVN. I've even completely deleted the svn and reinstalled it in a new folder, still getting the errors.

Attachments

• bts-error.jpg
    bts-error.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 185
Did you copy your old UserSettings folder over from your old instal? It may be that something is missing from there that is causing the problem.

It might be because you don't have your mod folder in your <user> documents folder and/or because you have Steam installed in Program Files, rather than somewhere else not locked up.

@DH:

Um, no. But when I updated the mod files (I delete them then copy over the new folder), my BUG setting were still intact. So I started a Civ4 base game, with no mods, started a game. Exited and went back into C2C, all the bug entries were default again, but I was still getting the parsing errors.

@Arakhor: Maybe? But it does not matter if it is in My Documents or in the Program Files section, same errors. Also, there are many people who leave steam in the default folders, and I am the only one with this problem (as it seems), so I have my doubts that that might be it.

And there is of course the fact that this happened to me once before, and we fixed it. But I can't remember what we did. (I am still getting random CTDs from, I assume, what ever is causing this. I still can't replicate them, even if I save b4 the turn it crashes on, if I reload it won't crash next time.)

So I am pretty sure it is something I did wrong u..u or am doing wrong.

I've checked my file integrity and nothing.

Also, loading a mod should replace / supersede any changes in the xmls I might have made while working on the kitty mod. So I doubt that is the problem, I am really stumped as to what it could be.

P.S. This is also ONLY on the SVN build. The release (which is in /programs) works fine.

Have you checked the files in the screenshot? Specific lines are mentioned and it looks like possible file corruption. Also these files are not in the Useroptions but Cavemen2Cosmos/Asset/config which are changed very rarely and are not written to by the mod itself.
Are these errors the same when starting the mod as Admin?
Behind the spoiler tags are the lines from my fileset.

Spoiler :

MasterModlist.xml line 18
Code:
<events module="ImmigrationEvents"/>

Animalplacing.xml line 6 and 7 (these are commented out)
Code:
<!--event type="GameStart" function="onGameStart"/>
<event type="OnLoad" function="onLoadGame"/-->

Cavemen2Cosmos.xml line 11 (also commented out)

Code:
<!--event type="kbdEvent" function="onKbdEvent"/-->

Are you running 2 versions of the same mod?

JosEPh

Well guys, thanks for your help. I remembered what I was doing wrong once Jojo asked that question.

The release is named 'Caveman2Cosmos', and the SVN I have named 'C2C SVN' ...

I was forgetting to rename it to Caveman2Cosmos when I activated the svn. . .

So for future reference, if you are getting parsing errors in BUG, and it ONLY happens in SVN, then the person (me, once I forget this again) is not using the correct folder name...

; ; Yeah, see, I knew I did this before. And I knew you guys knew how to fix it XD Thanks/~

Your Welcome. ;)

JosEPh

Top Bottom