Bugged peace treaty?

Nostradam

Chieftain
Soo I'm playing with darius and was at war with both Catherine and Caesar. I declared peace with both of them like ages ago. Now it says I can't declare war until the treaty expires.... I attacked them with knights back ages ago now my tanks are ready to storm them but can't..... Is there somewhere you can see the peace treaty that is active? How many turns already and how many left... Cause I got a feeling this is bugged...

It's probably the infinite peace treaty bug. Sorry, but that's one the the most game-breaking of bugs that haven't been fixed yet. :(

Great..... That sux... so I have a whole army just waiting for a go and 2 countries next to me with that bug....

Yep, I got screwed out of an easy domination victory because of this bug :mad:. I had wiped out 4 of the 5 other civs on my continent, but was forced to make peace with the Arabs to buy time to heal up my troops and get reinforcements. 10 turns later I was ready to strike--only it won't let me, and now the bastard is freely wiping out my city state allies and expanding all over the continent. I heard you can still drop nukes on opposing civs but I didn't have the heart to keep playing the game.

Here's hoping it gets patched soon.

I'm sure they'd know. There is a civ5 Bug Reporting forum here on civfanatics, just in case you haven't seen it yet. Firaxians are definitely aware of and using those bug reports.

There is also the opposite of this, in which after signing a peace treaty and the 10 turns expired, you are given a notification EVERY TURN that the "Peace treaty has ended and either side may declare war on the other." Very annoying, although does not happen every game.

There is also the opposite of this, in which after signing a peace treaty and the 10 turns expired, you are given a notification EVERY TURN that the "Peace treaty has ended and either side may declare war on the other." Very annoying, although does not happen every game.

Annoying yes but not game breaking. The fact that you're stuck in peace really ruins everything...

And about the nuke... if you drop the nuke on them will they automaticaly go to war? Or is it just for fun? :p

Top Bottom