Building quests

Energy allows you to purchase buildings in cities with low production, and it is instantaneous. Hammers take time.

Gold are basically saved hammers. Its main function is to allow a well balanced city capable of making gold to redirect a part of its production toward a less productive city.

As a result, Civ5 and probably BE uses a disadvantageous ratio of how much hammer 1 gold get you. However it doesn't make gold useless, it just means you cannot rely on it for your whole empire.

It doesn't seem likely that we will spam generators in all cities even as a player trying to play with a lot of money. Unless generators end up giving something else than +2gold very quickly. However, grabbing virtues and caravans that makes good gold is a possible good idea. Especially since your trade route number scales with the number of cities, which was the biggest limitation on Civ5 trade route system (and routes now not being allowed to be mirrored).
A virtue like alternative markets (+6 energy per station tier) look pretty damn good in a wide game or gift economy.

The maths I did on Investment suggest the policy is incredibly strong (compared to say +5 for capital which is terrible in my opinion) as long as you don't spend your gold every turn and generate a reasonable amount. See my other post in the same thread. That's regardless of if you make energy a huge focus or not. What is true however is that it synergizes crazily with good gpt. For example I've seen some videos of people being at 1K gold and making 130 a turn and not having it (while being invested in Industry) and that's a really big mistake as far as I'm concerned.

Also energy lets you support tile improvements (Almost all improcements except the ones you start with cost energy.. Including those needed for strategic resources)

Added some buildings to the list.
BTW I hit the 30 image limit (didn't know that such thing existed) so I'll have to just use texts rather than icons from now on.

Biofactory: +1:c5food: / +1:c5culture:
Mass Digester: +1:c5production: / +1:c5food:
Neurolab: +1:health: / +10%:c5production: for military units
Holosuite: +2:c5culture: / a free virtue
Gene Garden: +4:c5gold: and no maintenance / +1:health:
Cloning Plant: 10%:c5food: carried over after city growth / +1:health:
Xenofuel Plant: get 1000:c5gold: / +3:c5gold: and +2:c5production: from Xenomass*
Xenonursery: get 450:c5science: / +5 Xenomass
Gaian Well: +3:c5gold: / +1:c5production:
Command Center: +15 city :c5strength: / +1 covert agent
Feedsite Hub: +1 covert agent / +10% worker speed
Sonar net: +1:c5science: / +5 city :c5strength:
CEL Cradle: 10%:c5food: carried over after city growth / +1 Covert Agent
Surveillance Web: Covert agents need fewer successful operations to advance in rank / +10 city hp
Alloy Foundry: +2:c5production: from Titanium* / +4 Titanium
Torpedo Battery: +5 city :c5strength: / +10% city strike damage
LEV plant: +2:c5production: / +3:c5gold: and no maintenance
Optical Surgery: +1 sight range for units / +2:c5science:
Autoplant: +1:c5production: / +2:c5gold: and no maintenance
Bionics Lab: +1:c5science: / +1:c5culture:
Institute: +5% science / a free tech

*These bonus are applied to the resource tile and global. (i. e. does not require the building)

Yes, there is a 30 image limit, but that is a limit per post. I've added an empty post after your first post (post just says [Reserved], so you can edit the first post and the [reserved} post to split the list between those two posts to get you to 60 images. If you need more than 60, I can create another empty post.

when compareing energy to Production you got to remember that energy sets the limit on how big of a standing army you can have as well as how many tile improvements you can have. And you do get the +1 Health from biowells even when you do not work them. So the cost for Health late game is roughly 2 gpt + an empty tile.

Dunno. It said 10% food but there's good chance it will just 10% growth. (I saw that quest on MadDjinn's LP, maybe he'll be able to answer.)

Thanks, that's been bothering me since I saw the PAU ability (with LP revealing the text was wrong.)

Thank you for the ongoing updates to the OP! Very interesting!

The whole concept of building quests is great. It will allow for very strong specialized strategies, for instance when choosing artists as start bonus and then always choosing culture when possible. You might sacrifice a lot, but you get powerful bonuses, too. All this will compensate very well for not having as many civs to choose.
There might be quite a few quests that still need balance, but this will hopefully be done until release.

Speaking of strategy, it looks like harmony have a rush potential too.
Alien Sciences unlocks Xenofuel plant and Xenonursery, which gives +1000 energy and +450 science.
Science can be used towards Alien Adaptation which unlocks Xeno swarm unit, and with 1000 energy you can buy 2. (460 energy each)

It's still slower than battlesuits though.
1) The buildings require harmony level 2
2) It's not s free tech

Not sure if this has already been discussed but do we know how if the free tech for the institute is a one time thing or per institute built like other quests? It would seem way OP to get a free tech for each institute built in my opinion.

Not sure if this has already been discussed but do we know how if the free tech for the institute is a one time thing or per institute built like other quests? It would seem way OP to get a free tech for each institute built in my opinion.

One time... a large number of building quests are 1 time things

(trade units immune to aliens..you only need one, Free techs/Free Virtues/Free Covert Agents, one time gold/science chunks, etc.

Does this mean you get +2 movement for all naval units globally from now on? Or does it mean that ships build in cities with observatory get +2 movement.

+2 city strength is nothing. I dont understand why they are making lot of these quest rewards so unbalanced. They really should change most of them.

Also if you factor in that some of the naval upgrades give increased damage for having unused movement points, then it's really overpowered!

Biofuel Plant +2:c5gold: / +1:c5production:
Growlab: get 450:c5gold: / All cities get 1 poulation
Microbial Mine: +1:c5gold: per Harmony affinity level / +1:c5science: per Harmony affinity level
Organ Printer: +10%:health: / +10 heal rate
Civil Crèche: +5%:c5food:* / +10% worker speed
Soma Distillery: +10%:health: / +5%:c5culture:
Terra Vault: +5%:c5culture: / +5%:c5science:
Gene Smelter: +2:c5science: / +1:health:
Xeno Sanctuary: +2:c5culture: / +2:c5food:
Mind Stem: No quest.
Borehole: +5%:c5production: / +5%:c5gold: and no maintenance
Field Reactor: +5%:c5gold: / +2 orbital coverage
Mantle: +1:c5science: per Purity affinity level / +1:c5gold: per Purity affinity level
Hypercore: +1:c5science: per Supremacy affinity level / +1:c5culture: per Supremacy affinity level
Node Bank: +10% city hp / +10% city :c5strength:
Mosaic Hull: +5%:c5culture: / +20 city hp
Neoplanetarium: +2 orbital coverage / +10%:c5production: for orbital units
Skycrane: +2:c5production: from Floatstone** / +4 Floatstone
Nanopasture: +10%:c5food:* / +10%:c5gold:
Augmentery: +10%:health: / +5% to all yields* (food, production, energy, science and culture)
Molecular Forge: +10%:c5production: / +10% science
Bioglass Furnace: +2 production from Firaxite** / +4 Firaxite
Progenitor Garden: +10% health / +5% science

*These buildings give bonus to base food, not growth. (which is better)
**These bonus are applied to the resource tile and global. (i. e. does not require the building)

I built an institute and I didn't get a free tech.
Edit: You have to wait for a while, then the quest pops up. +5% science (in this city?) or free tech.

Top Bottom