Buildings

D doesn't look like it could stay up in a gravity field, no ideas there. B could be used for alot of things: a tokamak reactor (fusion reactor), medical center, environmental plant,...

Edit: check previous page for more comments.

A network node is equivalent of a library, Woodelf. :lol: The databank doesn't need to be visited physically, it's all done from your living-cubicle's network setup.
For a university, I suppose a research institute would be the lunar equivalent, but I would put this structure only around the time arcologies (domes) are possible. Still, I suppose we need to graphics for that: one for domed, and one for old-style settlements without domes.
(O yes, I think it would be great if cityart only changes if a city finishes a dome/arcology, with Garret's lunar cityset then)
I suppose one of the next war facility graphics could be used for the domed version, while the one on the pic below with some more texture fluff like windows and an airlock could be used for the undomed version.

D'oh! So we have a library then. :p

I'll leave switching graphics to you...

A and E combined would make a GREAT military coordination center. (a command nexus so to speak) If the E model would be put in the central spire so that the 3 dishes peek out of it it would be perfect.
The only thing that bugs me a bit is the rampart-like stuff. With texturing the rampart shape should be made looking high-tech instead of the walls of an ancient castle. Perhaps a cluster of needle-like antenna sticking out of every excrement as further communication stuff?

So if I did this would this be closer? No need for the center stuff of A then.

Attachments

• F.jpg
    F.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 191
D doesn't look like it could stay up in a gravity field, no ideas there. B could be used for alot of things: a tokamak reactor (fusion reactor), medical center, environmental plant,...

Edit: check previous page for more comments.

D is actually supposed to stick in the ground. ;)

So B has uses, cool.

So if I did this would this be closer? No need for the center stuff of A then.

Would putting the dish structure within the centre spire of A make the polycount too big?
Yeah, this will do to, it's the easy way out. ;)

B is actually quite polyform.

Geo - Can you make the Afterworld Dome work as our new BioDome? And can we find another use for matthewv's dome? If we shrink it maybe?

Geo - Can you make the Afterworld Dome work as our new BioDome? And can we find another use for matthewv's dome? If we shrink it maybe?

If by Afterworld Dome you mean the arcology graphics in Next War, and the BioDome is supposed to cover a lunar city, then the answer is yes. I'm keeping an eye on a Next War mod which would change instead of overlap when a new arcology graphics is used (shield and extra shield).

Besides, I'm pretty sure I already mentioned alot of the Next War graphics will have a use on the moon. ;)

If by Afterworld Dome you mean the arcology graphics in Next War, and the BioDome is supposed to cover a lunar city, then the answer is yes. I'm keeping an eye on a Next War mod which would change instead of overlap when a new arcology graphics is used (shield and extra shield).

Besides, I'm pretty sure I already mentioned alot of the Next War graphics will have a use on the moon. ;)

You might have mentioned it. When are you going to tie them into SotM? :hmm:

Here's a screenie of the particle accelerator, network node, and new He3 Exchange. I had to use the old ArtDefines_Feature though.

I think the scale on the exchange needs bumping up as well.

Attachments

• AAAAAA0000.JPG
    AAAAAA0000.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 225
Finally, a picture of what you mean by "empty cities". ;)
By the way, what's the 3 storage-spheres thingie? That's a new model for me.
And third: you're showing online??? :eek:

Finally, a picture of what you mean by "empty cities". ;)
By the way, what's the 3 storage-spheres thingie? That's a new model for me.
And third: you're showing online??? :eek:

The 3 storage sphere thing is the He3 Exchange.

Yeah, I switched to being visible now. It'll last until my PM gets full. ;)

Top Bottom