Bypassed broken

fjordan

Warlord
I noticed in earlier games I got penalties from several characters for bypassing them while I was sure I did not. I almost never change the heir. I shrugged, maybe I had forgotten. But in my current game I am 100% sure I never changed the Heir or abdicated. Yet now I get The Pretender event, killing my King and getting an insane leader that was never in the line of succesion. I ragequit. This is a severe bug so I am not putting it in the small bugs thread.. Anyone else noticed this?

In the autosave there are three persons mad at me for bypassing them: Duke Marduk, Duke Kurigalzu and Tabni Ishar. The dead queen Kashaya was the oldest daughter and my King the oldest son of her. So do they use other succession laws to determine they are bypassed?

upload_2021-10-28_23-15-30.png

I mailed the save. I am pretty sure it is not just Babylonians, I saw the negmods before while checking why they did not like me.

I once again have Bypassed penalties for all of my court members, including my 1 year old daughter.

Interestingly enough it is Duke Nebet, who becomes insane and seizes the throne of Egypt!

So Nebet's state of being bypassed, gender & seizure of the throne is dodgy ... (just insanity confírmed) ;)

Thutmose also felt bypassed
Is it because I married Pieface? :D (who btw said he took the throne of Babylonia from where he came, but didn't)
You mean the funny collector of 1001 strange and marvelous stories? Yeah, probably you'd better married Senenmut the architect.

[Or just didn't bypass ThutMoseIII yourself with the massive help of the priests of Amon Ra, which in turn sparked the idea of Monotheism (only 1 god & the highest priest is the Pharaoh himself by default! ;)) and two generations later the turmoil around AkhenAten and the restauration back (TutAnkhAten/Amun).]

Reactions: PiR
@Forster GOTW is available under the single player panel. I believe they come out with a new one every Wednesday. They keep it fresh, with lots of different settings, across multiple levels of difficulty.

upload_2021-11-21_20-32-2.png

I guess when you get up in age you just don't notice these things. :o
I think it would be nice if there was a thread that reminded people when one is posted.
Oh, and thanks for the answer.

I guess when you get up in age you just don't notice these things. :o
I think it would be nice if there was a thread that reminded people when one is posted.
Oh, and thanks for the answer.

There's a new one every Wednesday. A thread would fill up pretty quickly, and people would have to remember to use spoiler tags.

Is there any sight on a solution for this? Once again everyone hates me because I bypassed them. I am 100% sure this was not the case a few turns ago. I have no problem with court members not liking me for religion or archetype, but getting -40 for all important characters for no reason is really annoying.
(I am still playing with my starting leader on turn 23 so no bypassing was possible)

Is there any sight on a solution for this? Once again everyone hates me because I bypassed them. I am 100% sure this was not the case a few turns ago. I have no problem with court members not liking me for religion or archetype, but getting -40 for all important characters for no reason is really annoying.
(I am still playing with my starting leader on turn 23 so no bypassing was possible)

I've spent a fair chunk of today trying to find out what is causing it. With no success yet. My suspicion is that it is related to either:
- changing succession law (low confidence)
- when a trait is removed (high confidence)

The issue isn't related to The Pretender event. That is an outcome of having bypassed succession list. Something before that is causing the succession list to go bypassed.

If you think it was only a few turns ago, are you able to look through your auto saves and see if you can locate the before and after saves of when it happens? (to help, turn 23 is autosave 3, turn 19 is autosave 9, the number matches the last turn digit).

If anyone else is able to have a before and after save when it happens that would be massively helpful too.

Last edited:
:lol:

That's one way to explain it.

But Neferure and Thutmose also felt bypassed. The whole royal family is gone crazy! :king::crazyeye:

That was the turn before:

View attachment 614811

Is it because I married Pieface? :D (who btw said he took the throne of Babylonia from where he came, but didn't)
:lol:

That's one way to explain it.

But Neferure and Thutmose also felt bypassed. The whole royal family is gone crazy! :king::crazyeye:

That was the turn before:

View attachment 614811

That's awesome that you married Pieface! I wonder if anyone's done the next few logical steps to make him heir, have their leader die and rule as king pieface ? Might there be an achievement for that?

Reactions: PiR
I've spent a fair chunk of today trying to find out what is causing it. With no success yet. My suspicion is that it is related to either:
- changing succession law (low confidence)
- when a trait is removed (high confidence)

The issue isn't related to The Pretender event. That is an outcome of having bypassed succession list. Something before that is causing the succession list to go bypassed.

If you think it was only a few turns ago, are you able to look through your auto saves and see if you can locate the before and after saves of when it happens? (to help, turn 23 is autosave 3, turn 19 is autosave 9, the number matches the last turn digit).

If anyone else is able to have a before and after save when it happens that would be massively helpful too.

Unfortunately Old World is just too addictive, so I played on despite being annoyed. :) . I will see what autosave I can find before and after next time.
One thing I noticed is that in my game Pieface also took the throne of another country. Don't remember from my earlier games but I do see it in the GOTW example above. Could the people he bypassed accidentally be passing their discontent to my court members?

Top Bottom