C2C Eras

You have to move on because you deplete the plot of resources. With Nomad units you only get access to the plot reserves and you use them up. Once used up it is move or die.

I am probably getting Johny Smith's prototype and AIAndy's prototype mixed up. I'll have to play with the C2C one again.

If you have a solution to animal migrations verses animal plot resources explaining it may help. My problem is that some animals migrate over vast distances while others only travel short distances in their migrations.

The list of inventions I have seen have fire and cooking at 1.8 million years ago with shelter building at 500 thousand years ago. I am assuming that your tech tree is only for the nomadic start at the moment. It seems to be missing organisational and spiritual "techs" and concentrates on the tool techs. Which is OK if you are going to address the other ideas in some other way. It does a fair job of summarising the C2C early tech tree but it may be making a whole new mod :mischief:

If you get the chance you should turn on the demo that AIAndy put in and try it. The depleting resources are basically properties which probably wouldn't be in there if we go for building of units and buildings only when settled. I don't know of anyway to get the plot yields themselves to deplete.

The tech tree I am putting together was based off of nomad start with no buildings. I don't think C2C's tech tree goes back far enough and johnny smith's seems a little off by the research I have done. Maybe I need more of a inbetween. Feel free to rearrange the tech tree I barely started. So would you prefer just stretching out the existing C2C tree? What start date do you think is good?

More on the animal resource thing later tonight.

In Nomadic start the things your mobile units are using are the plot properties not the yields. These are the tings that deplete and require you to move on. I think it was the JS prototype that let your unit set up camp for awhile before moving on. It did not make a city. The whole point was not to have a city screen. Although I think we need a similar screen for the nomad units to make the whole use of the properties easier. Especially the lore one.

edit I just tried NomadicDemo but it has not worked I still get a band to start not the nomad unit.

Okay I get what you are saying now. A different screen could potentially be nice. Well I think a hybrid would be good. It the current demo you could have a fire stick outcome mission listed on the action bar when you have the band selected. It will use materials when you choice it. I think that might be the way to go. Then the unit would always have it. If you decide to build the firestick it will prevent you from moving your band for that turn. Is that closer to what you are saying? Or do you think its still better to go with a settle/unsettle option?

I was also planning on having the band be capable of building campsite improvements that could store excess food, be more defensive, and heal units faster. Campsite, cavesite etc and probably duns, brochs, hill forts and others.

That is how it is in its current state.

Just start the game and don't settle, unfortunately the AI will still currently settle because they have the option to and don't know what else to do. Don't settle and start walking around. If you hover over the terrain/your band you can see how much fruit, hunts, material, and lore you can accumulate or already have.

Just start the game and don't settle, unfortunately the AI will still currently settle because they have the option to and don't know what else to do. Don't settle and start walking around. If you hover over the terrain/your band you can see how much fruit, hunts, material, and lore you can accumulate or already have.

Yeah but if you do that, then YOU will be soooo far behind, since the AI doesn't know any better, which is sad:(

Yeah but if you do that, then YOU will be soooo far behind, since the AI doesn't know any better, which is sad:(

Yeah based upon the current progression of the game. I plan on removing the ability to found a city until much further into the game. Plus once the buildings/promotions are balanced and the research from lore gets refined it should end up being very competitive to be settled or not until you reach sedentary at which point you are probably going to want to settle down and make a city.

Well then, you could start a game without AI, like a 2 player Hotseat for example.

Also, is this really the right place for the whole disscussion? I think it fit better in the nomadic era start thread

Well then, you could start a game without AI, like a 2 player Hotseat for example.

Also, is this really the right place for the whole disscussion? I think it fit better in the nomadic era start thread

If you look you will see that I posted in that thread to switch the discussion over there. I said I was couldn't really "finish" of my prehistoric era the way I want to until nomad is in and I can't do that myself. I still plan on working on both C2C and eras.

There are two problems with adding more of the wildlife that is now extinct.

1) there aren't any graphics - the biggest problem

There is a thread for Wonder Movies. The creater offered to make some Movies and he'd like to try to make 3D Models. You might ask him?

Ah ok. I like the idea of your mod! Even though you want to get rid of stuff :p

Thanks! I don't mind the more is more mentality so much. Its the impact on gameplay and quality. Like I mentioned I will be removing lots of things but I might re add them as time and balancing permits. Don't worry there should be something for every play style in each era and also eras where certain play styles will shine

@RidetheSpiral23: I posted a copy of a tech tree that I have been putting together in the C2C Tech Tree thread that would require starting much earlier in time than the current C2C version. I didn't want to edit the tech tree spreadsheet that you created because my changes would be too major.

I have a suggestion that might get you around the Nomad start, at least temporarily. This is an idea I may use if I create my own modmod. If you are starting out as a band of Homo Sapiens, then you already possess the technology for building temporary shelters according to what I have read. As a matter of fact, if you want to be historically accurate, Homo Sapiens already possessed the knowledge to do many things before they evolved. A list would include stone and wood tools, fire, cooking, clothing, portable shelters, and possibly even raft building. If you start the game possessing the knowledge of these techs you could avoid Nomad start altogether.

Top Bottom