• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C2C Graphics

Finished the bamboo feature; I'll let it stay as a modmod (under Experimental Graphical features) until it's been tested and got a greenlight for the core.

Looks good to me . .

Just seems strange that it works without issues right away, considering that this was completely new ground for me. Almost disturbing that I have yet to scratch my head in :confused: frustration even once over it.
I had far bigger troubles figuring out how to get rid of graphical glitches from the rivers and floodplains i reworked, and those were just simple retextures.:crazyeye:

Great work Toffer! I'll be looking forward to it's inclusion. Might as well... if it has a bug there's no faster way than to put it on the SVN to find out ;) Sounds like it's good though.

Should I pursue this alternate form for the bamboo feature:
Spoiler :

Colors are subject to change.
It's three of them bunched together.
It has about the same amount of polygons (as two of the trees we have now) and should be more visible at a distance due to the wider foliage.
Perhaps I should make the trunk thinner, while keeping the foliage at the same width?

The foliage of real bamboo is closer to the new one as seen here:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• 2015-11-29_00001.jpg
    2015-11-29_00001.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 942
hmm... I'm not liking it as much. Perhaps the bamboo in the second example doesn't need to spread across the whole plot so much. Maybe just densifying the same count a bit would be sufficient?

hmm... I'm not liking it as much. Perhaps the bamboo in the second example doesn't need to spread across the whole plot so much. Maybe just densifying the same count a bit would be sufficient?

I could do that sure, what is it that you don't like about the second example (remember that this is about form, not texturing)?
Perhaps I wasn't too clear in my last post; if I go for the second example there will be more trees per plot than what we have now.

Question, I've been away for a little too long, :) What happened to the new Sea/ocean tiles? i knew it was temporarily removed to release the last version,
it does seem that my save that has those changes isn't wanting to start up

Question, I've been away for a little too long, :) What happened to the new Sea/ocean tiles? i knew it was temporarily removed to release the last version,
it does seem that my save that has those changes isn't wanting to start up

If you manually placed continental shelf terrain in that map it won't start on SVN as that terrain is no longer defined there.

That might be what you're experiencing here.

Aha, So my save is FUBAR? or is there a fix? :/ Sounds like me, Eager to play with new toys and ending up putting it in parts unable to put it back together :D

Aha, So my save is FUBAR? or is there a fix? :/ Sounds like me, Eager to play with new toys and ending up putting it in parts unable to put it back together :D

open the save and replace every instance of continental shelf with sea? should be a simple find an replace. i don't know how to uncompress an in progress game save though so you would have to figure that out.

Wouldn't it be more easy to just create the missing Continental Shelf? and then with world edit make sure the Continental Shelf is gone?
As i am unsure if i have the Software to access the data you propose (unless Notepad++ can read it?)

Also if the creation of Continental Shelf is the better way to go, could someone just give me a small guide of what i must do? I kinda know what to do, Copy an existing art file, rename and tie it into the code, but the clear how and what eludes me

find CIV4ArtDefines_Terrain.xml file
copy entire ART_DEF_TERRAIN_DEEP_COAST tag in place ART_DEF_TERRAIN_COAST and check.

Maybe this will work.

@Toffer90,
I have a question for you. Your coast ocean tile is a dark blue but your deep ocean is a light blue.

What is the reasoning for the deeper being lighter?

Reason I ask is because it seems to me that the coloring on these 2 should be swapped, light = shallow and dark = deep. Less light penetration in deeper water = darker.

JosEPh

@Toffer90,
I have a question for you. Your coast ocean tile is a dark blue but your deep ocean is a light blue.

Reason I ask is because it seems to me that the coloring on these 2 should be swapped, light = shallow and dark = deep. Less light penetration in deeper water = darker.

JosEPh
Are you comparing Deep-Coast vs Deep-Sea, their textures are IMO unfinished at this moment? Or Deep-Coast vs Ocean?

You're right, I made deep coast at a time when I wanted ocean graphic to be darker, I made the ocean a lot lighter afterwards on SO's wish. Deep coast will need more work, definently.

Wouldn't it be more easy to just create the missing Continental Shelf? and then with world edit make sure the Continental Shelf is gone?
As i am unsure if i have the Software to access the data you propose (unless Notepad++ can read it?)

Also if the creation of Continental Shelf is the better way to go, could someone just give me a small guide of what i must do? I kinda know what to do, Copy an existing art file, rename and tie it into the code, but the clear how and what eludes me
The easiest fix would be to add TERRAIN_CONT_SHELF, based on any other water terrain, in the appropriate xmls; the save should then be able to load again.
I don't have the C2C fileset on this comp, so I won't be able to give you specific details on what xml's you need to change, but there are two of them, and they should have the word terrain in their names. One is in "XML/Art" and the other is in XML/Terrain" folder; I think.

@Toffer90,

JosEPh
In my previous post I was thinking about how stuff looks like with my graphic pack modmod, hence my confusion. You were of coarse thinking about the bright blue sea graphic seen without my graphic modmod.

That version of sea graphic was added to SVN pre v36 and were adjusted to the new coast and ocean graphic that never made it to the SVN.
After v36 I made several adjustments to sea and other water textures that has not yet been added to the SVN.

This should probably be the first thing I adress in the SVN when I return to modding. ^^

Sorry for the long time it took me to answer, with the combined information Toffer and Sparth gave me it was fixed, it was the "ART_DEF_TERRAIN_CONT_SHELF" that was in my save, and missing from the game, Even better the fix caused a Pink terrain glitch making it easy to spot and clean it up, Only it broke the DLL Recallc, Causing that to make a Crash when i use it, Currently not having the energy or the patience to clean it up a Second time, but thanks :)

any reason why "TERRAIN_CONT_SHELF" is missing?

Sorry for the long time it took me to answer, with the combined information Toffer and Sparth gave me it was fixed, it was the "ART_DEF_TERRAIN_CONT_SHELF" that was in my save, and missing from the game, Even better the fix caused a Pink terrain glitch making it easy to spot and clean it up, Only it broke the DLL Recallc, Causing that to make a Crash when i use it, Currently not having the energy or the patience to clean it up a Second time, but thanks :)

any reason why "TERRAIN_CONT_SHELF" is missing?

The planned design layout was adjusted due to taking a moment between DH, myself and Toffer to talk it out properly. That particular terrain did not factor into the final design, nor is the design absolutely complete at this point. Toffer's coming back soon though.

The planned design layout was adjusted due to taking a moment between DH, myself and Toffer to talk it out properly. That particular terrain did not factor into the final design, nor is the design absolutely complete at this point. Toffer's coming back soon though.

Must've missed that forum post while i was busy with the whole December madness :lol: Well, atleast i know now how to fix my save, and i might even be able to learn a few things from the XML :)

Top Bottom