• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C2C Graphics

@Sparth:

Can I ask you to help to flesh out the newly added criminal/law enforcement/healer unit arts? Clearly you'd be the best at this.

I know its something you were reluctant to see added in the first place but I'm hoping it can be seen how they benefit the mod at least.

@Sparth:

Can I ask you to help to flesh out the newly added criminal/law enforcement/healer unit arts? Clearly you'd be the best at this.

I know its something you were reluctant to see added in the first place but I'm hoping it can be seen how they benefit the mod at least.

Im aware of these new aditions. Will be done in this week
Street Gang - what it is? Can I use madmax styled interceptor for this?

Street Gang - what it is?
Think inner city gangster rapper culture. You know how they like to put their cars on lift and bounce kits and such. The 'rims' are a big deal. Cadillac usually. Drive by shootings. That sort of thing.

Also... I put the blowgunner unit on the ambusher. Would be cool if that could be transparencied like the stalkers are now that they are using the old ambusher unit art.

Thanks for your help my friend!

I looked on models and I think I do some mish-mash with old models and create few new ones. Will be good :)

I looked on models and I think I do some mish-mash with old models and create few new ones. Will be good :)

Good because it is getting confusing, seeing the Enforcer as an ambusher, and reuse of other btn's also . . nice to get into game right away, but when u get some time, would definitely appreciate new btns for all the units TB and DH are/will be working on, . . THX

Awesome! You da man! And if you have any further questions on the intent for the unit by all means ask away. Curious, what's the hope for a nice 'hog' style harley for the Biker Gang looking like?

Ok, I have a little time to explain this then.

• A Strike Team is a military force comprised of specialized elite warriors who strike with stealth, speed and lethal precision. They start off being extremely anonymous but lose that anonymity as the world becomes more affixed in its civil structure. They are useful in taking out high value targets.

Generally speaking, they are NOT intended for city infiltration unless they are ALSO criminals. The key differentiation here is that they ARE official members of the nation's military force.

Under Hide and Seek, they are, with the exception of the Feline line, the strongest at camouflage invisibility. Generally only canines and other strike teams can match their camo invisibility levels enough to see them at any distance.

• A Criminal is NOT a member of the military force but an under the table 'associate' of the state carrying out state interests in the act of upholding their own personal natures. They are NOT terribly strong fighters but CAN develop these abilities extensively. But primarily, they are best at infiltrating cities and causing trouble wherever they are. They primarily spread crime to the cities they are in and much less to plots they are on. They can perform a wide variety of missions, perhaps one of the more impressive ones being to generate significant amounts of espionage on opponents when in their cities. Criminals are sources of rot to send to infect your opponents, whether at war or not.

They can remain in cities even when at war with the opponent but they cannot capture nor attack cities. At the point they blend with strike teams for a moment in their upgrade development paths at the Assassin unit, they begin to be capable of Assassination actions which allows them to take out some limited high-value targets inside the cities they inhabit.

Under Hide and Seek, early criminals are nearly as good as strike teams with camouflage BUT this is not their specialty. They start off strong with a unique form of invisibility, disguise, which is not just an ability to make themselves look like someone else but is also their ability to act the roles they need to play to blend into society as a trusted citizen. While both disguise and camouflage waxes for many unit upgrades, they gradually abandon camouflage completely and eventually disguise wanes in favor of political 'invisibility', which represents their capacity to openly perform criminal acts but often avoid any repercussions due to strings being pulled on both local and national governmental levels.

In the latest stages of the game, they become hackers and cybernetic rebels. Criminals can also be represented as state-undermining political activists that can help to de-stabilize city loyalties to the crown, and this is most acute during the Renaissance with the Scoundrel unit.

• Ruffians are little more than mercenary barbarians working for the state. Unlike criminals, they do not attempt to blend with society and infect it from within but instead stand apart and united against all sources of authority. Ruffians tend to be large groups of 'seemingly' independent militarized forces... 'freedom fighters' if you will. They 'claim' no allegiance to any government, though world leaders know they are likely on the payroll for someone. They specialize in being a major thorn in the countryside of any foe.

Ruffians spread far more crime to plots than to cities and cannot even ENTER cities without capturing them and throwing them into anarchy (captures cities for barbarians.) Therefore, as it is for Strike Teams, cities cannot be safe harbors for them unless they are ALSO criminals (a crossover which most notably takes place at the Cutthroat unit.) Ruffians aren't as 'elite' as Strike Teams are but make up for it usually with large group sizes. However, like Strike Teams, they are very good at setting ambushes for the unwary.

They do not have nearly the invisibility capacity as Strike Teams do, to the point that without Hide and Seek in play, they don't have any invisibility at all. Ruffians are usually quite strong in comparison to other concurrent unit types, but they do sorta need to be to effectively be the pain in the arse they're intended to be. It can be a costly affair to attempt to uproot them from your lands.

Ruffians can share space with barbarian units peacefully, and are thus unable to attack or defend against barbarians. I'd like to also add for them the ability to have them potentially 'purchase' barbarian units to swell their military power. When they do, said barbarians would join the nation but would immediately gain a promo that makes those barbarians a Ruffian unit and add commensurate gold cost for doing so... just as hiring a mercenary force would.

Does this break things down well enough to help with understanding the differences between the three?

Yea its clear now. Ill copy your text to concept page of the pedia, ok?

I've got this text in a thread in the strategy tips. I may add a bit more to it yet so give it a week or two and then by all means yes, please do.

I figured I'd see if it brings up any questions and if I can think of some more things to say on the subjects or perhaps just edit it a little better when I look at it with fresh eyes later.

Might also actually work on the 'hiring' of barbs here soon so that would be less 'intention' and more reality soon.

On review:
  • Ambusher still needs to be adjusted - hoping the unit can be made a bit transparent but more importantly the button should represent the unit type in the background.
  • Biker gang is badass! Awesome job!
  • Burglars are cool. However, I must wonder if perhaps their art should be swapped out with the Rogue since they look a bit more primal now than the Rogue and the Rogue looks a better fit with the era the Burglar is in. Might even consider swapping him with the Thief and pushing the Thief to the Rogue and the Rogue to the Burglar? All in all a great unit look though! I'm not talking about the button so much with the swapping discussion... button's fine.
  • Cutthroat - taken from pirates... I LIKE it! Theme fits right in to its era! Curious though, does he have weapons and it just doesn't show in the pedia?
  • Enforcer - quite happy with this.
  • Exile - I absolutely LOVE THIS! PERFECTION incarnate! Better than envisioned.
  • Gunfighter - truly inspirational! Well done! The button is just awesome!
  • Hacker - Maybe a little over-armed. I like that she's female... darn cool that. But her weapon makes her look more the combat armed fighter and less the lethal computer master. Just feedback. We could certainly live with this. The button is very cool. Very 'matrixy'!
  • Police Helicopter - Perfect!
  • Robber - love it! Particularly the button is very cool.
  • SWAT team - I like the button. The unit doesn't look advanced enough to me. SWAT teams are, in this manifestation, an ultra modern militaristic law enforcement force and while this almost captures the essence, it's a little too close to a WWII look imo. Maybe.
  • Scoundrel - Couldn't be any cooler than that! Absolutely spot on!
  • Sentinel - looks like it still has the original button?
  • Sharpshooter - I just took a look at it to see how it looked along the way and the game suddenly asked for the game disk (which is really odd for me playing on an exe key) and the hat is pink'd out.
  • Street Gang - love love love love it! Everything about it! Perfect!
  • Technarchist - Nice! The button is truly awesome. Any chance we could give him a mohawk splitting down the center of the helmet? We have a mohawk on the hatchet warrior you might be able to import. Would give him a bit more cyberpunkish look. Just a suggestion - if its a pain don't worry 'bout it.
  • Thug - awesome! Love the kingpin look on the button. You captured the essence right on the mark here.
  • Watcher - very nice!

All in all an amazing body of work! And again, incredible teamwork here to take the mod this additional step to improve on balance points and theme richness for each chapter in history (and the future to come.)

Keep in mind there's a few new healers... the Medicine Man (who doesn't need much to make him perfecto... just something to differentiate him a bit from the wanderer which I thought captured his essence pretty well), then there's the DR (Doctor as expressed in-game) which is differentiated from the Surgeon. You can take the surgeon and remake him and give his model to the doctor or make a new doctor unit either way. And then there's the Medical Lab Technician who should get something to differentiate him as being a lot more technologically advanced perhaps. Those should be the only needs on that line.

• Ambusher still needs to be adjusted - hoping the unit can be made a bit transparent but more importantly the button should represent the unit type in the background.

• Ok ill look on this model and button.

[*]Burglars are cool. However, I must wonder if perhaps their art should be swapped out with the Rogue since they look a bit more primal now than the Rogue and the Rogue looks a better fit with the era the Burglar is in. Might even consider swapping him with the Thief and pushing the Thief to the Rogue and the Rogue to the Burglar? All in all a great unit look though! I'm not talking about the button so much with the swapping discussion... button's fine.

Can be done.

[*]Cutthroat - taken from pirates... I LIKE it! Theme fits right in to its era! Curious though, does he have weapons and it just doesn't show in the pedia?

He is using Explorer animation and for that his weapons is hiddend until fight started.

[*]Hacker - Maybe a little over-armed. I like that she's female... darn cool that. But her weapon makes her look more the combat armed fighter and less the lethal computer master. Just feedback. We could certainly live with this. The button is very cool. Very 'matrixy'!
    I can reskin Modern Spy unit which is less combat and using the same model.

[*]SWAT team - I like the button. The unit doesn't look advanced enough to me. SWAT teams are, in this manifestation, an ultra modern militaristic law enforcement force and while this almost captures the essence, it's a little too close to a WWII look imo. Maybe.
    I can reskin it to this https://i.ytimg.com/vi/7sd0C5_c8k8/maxresdefault.jpg
    What do you think?

[*]Sentinel - looks like it still has the original button?
    I just changed background of the button. Now its belong to the Law Enforcers, instead Hi-Tech robots.

[*]Sharpshooter - I just took a look at it to see how it looked along the way and the game suddenly asked for the game disk (which is really odd for me playing on an exe key) and the hat is pink'd out.
    Ill check this model. Maybe its something with textures.

[*]Technarchist - Nice! The button is truly awesome. Any chance we could give him a mohawk splitting down the center of the helmet? We have a mohawk on the hatchet warrior you might be able to import. Would give him a bit more cyberpunkish look. Just a suggestion - if its a pain don't worry 'bout it.
    Ill look on mohawk.

Keep in mind there's a few new healers... the Medicine Man (who doesn't need much to make him perfecto... just something to differentiate him a bit from the wanderer which I thought captured his essence pretty well), then there's the DR (Doctor as expressed in-game) which is differentiated from the Surgeon. You can take the surgeon and remake him and give his model to the doctor or make a new doctor unit either way. And then there's the Medical Lab Technician who should get something to differentiate him as being a lot more technologically advanced perhaps. Those should be the only needs on that line.
    Ok then Medical Man, Doctor and Medical Lab Technican, yes?
    Also I put correct Strategy pedia texts for all of these units.

Ok ill look on this model and button.
Can be done.
Cool! Thanks!

He is using Explorer animation and for that his weapons is hiddend until fight started.
Ok, perfect! I figured... just wanted to be sure.

I can reskin Modern Spy unit which is less combat and using the same model.
Good plan!

Looks like it would be a good fit, yes.

I just changed background of the button. Now its belong to the Law Enforcers, instead Hi-Tech robots.
It looks like a basic blue background. Is that the Law Enforcers background? (Maybe it should be...)

Ill check this model. Maybe its something with textures.
K.

Ill look on mohawk.
Thanks... I know its an odd request but maybe it'd look cool. I do sure love that button though.

Ok then Medical Man, Doctor and Medical Lab Technican, yes?
Yeah. I think that's the sum of it.

Also I put correct Strategy pedia texts for all of these units.
Did I link those wrong? Ah well. Thanks for the correction!

Awesome job man!

Top Bottom