• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C2C- Resources Discussion and Ideas

Hm ok I will try one and see how hard it is or how nice it looks.

BTW, there are some resources that don't have a transparent background. I think Bamboo is an example. They would be a lot nicer if they also had a transparent background.

New Art for Saddles and Carpets.

Did you merge the other icons?

I'd also love to commit, but when I put my resources in my game copy, the game crashes in the excact second it finished the loading (note: not loading a savegame, but when I would open the main menu.)

Could you please have a look?
New resources not tested ingame yet are: Ecstasy, LSD, Meth, Saddles, Carpets, Peat, Soylent Green.

Edit: Weird... I added them all one by one in my game folder to see which one causes the crash and now it works perfect. I'll try to commit now.

Attachments

• Carpets and Saddles.rar
    5.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Ressources.rar
    266.9 KB · Views: 69
New Art for Saddles and Carpets.

Did you merge the other icons?

I'd also love to commit, but when I put my resources in my game copy, the game crashes in the excact second it finished the loading (note: not loading a savegame, but when I would open the main menu.)

Could you please have a look?
New resources not tested ingame yet are: Ecstasy, LSD, Meth, Saddles, Carpets, Peat, Soylent Green.

1. Thanks.

2. Yup.

3. Hmm.

4. Sure. I can take a look.

EDIT: You sent me all the resources. Make sure you don't undo my change to the immunity Drugs. They had the wrong tech requirement so I fixed them on the SVN.

I think it was the Saddles that were a litte bit broken.

Oooups... Was it TECH_REGENERATIVE_MEDICINE? That's the one in all of my copies of the SVN, but I'm pretty sure that was the Tech I gave them. I will have a look on monday since I'm busy all the weekend. If this is too long, feel free to change it - again. Sorry! :sad:

@Faustmouse

I loaded each individually and they worked until I hit Saddles. So I went and added your new icons to the FPK and it still did not work.

So I recommend you just remake the Saddles resource again. As you said they are not hard to do.

Also ...

In the Carpets text document you have TXT_KEY_BONUS_Carpets_PEDIA. It should all be Caps.

I will go update the SVN with the new icons you gave me in the meantime. Good luck!

Oooups... Was it TECH_REGENERATIVE_MEDICINE? That's the one in all of my copies of the SVN, but I'm pretty sure that was the Tech I gave them. I will have a look on monday since I'm busy all the weekend. If this is too long, feel free to change it - again. Sorry! :sad:

Yeah you had TECH_REGENERATIVE_MEDICINE and i fixed it to be TECH_TISSUE.

I THINK it was because in the Carpets Folder, there was one XML file that has no _ between "carpets" and "bonusInfos". This might be the problem. However, it works now. (and I will fix the TXT thing and Tissue)

Neither Bronze or Brass are turned into ingots. Both are cast into their final wares from melting and combining their source metals (bronze = copper+tin; brass=copper+zinc). The main reason for this is that the melting points of the components is less than that of the final product.

The buildings Brass and Bronze Smelters plus the resources Brass and Bronze ingots should be removed.

Also have you noticed that it is easier and healthier to process metals from far away rather than in the vicinity of the city. I have a solution for that which I am testing out now.

Also have you noticed that it is easier and healthier to process metals from far away rather than in the vicinity of the city. I have a solution for that which I am testing out now.

With is unrealistic until railroads was discovered and connects resources with far away cities.
Good you have solution

I think some bonuses should get yield/commerce changes, just like the Gorge Power or Fusion Power.
I was thinking of
Biopolymers + :science:
Service Bots +:hammers:
Androids:+hammers:
Power Tools:+hammers:
Tools: +:hammers:
Stone Tools +:hammers:

for example

Icon for Org. PCs

I already made one silly. I told you I was making it an putting in my FPK for you.

I think some bonuses should get yield/commerce changes, just like the Gorge Power or Fusion Power.
I was thinking of
Biopolymers + :science:
Service Bots +:hammers:
Androids:+hammers:
Power Tools:+hammers:
Tools: +:hammers:
Stone Tools +:hammers:

for example

Some already get it through buildings. If you have ideas for existing buildings getting bonus from new resources please let me know. I have already added a lot but you may come up with some ideas I have no thought of or considered.

I already made one silly. I told you I was making it an putting in my FPK for you.

Ah, oups. I thought you just made the pathway or whatever for it.:crazyeye: Fine then.

Some already get it through buildings. If you have ideas for existing buildings getting bonus from new resources please let me know. I have already added a lot but you may come up with some ideas I have no thought of or considered.

I need to say this ingame, but when I see something I'll tell you.

Top Bottom