• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

C2C- Resources Discussion and Ideas

I think the AI valuing of Iron Ore and Ingots might be way too low. Whereas Iron Wares can sell for 60+ gold per turn, Ore in my game maxes out at 5.5, and Ingots at 2.

I'm not sure about this, but if you don't have any ingots (because you lost your source of ore), don't your smiths stop producing wares, leaving you with none? The wares is the finished product, but they are all strategic resources due to the production chain. Currently it's "so what if you pillaged my 'strategic' mine, I can buy ore from anyone who's got a spare for next to nothing".

Bronze, brass, copper and others (electrum?) have the same problem to a lesser degree.

Yeah it would be nice if we could get resource values fixed.

Needs a whole set of new code writing really, because the bts ai code for resource evaluation (which our code is based on), never had any concept of chains, so no concept of one resource being (indirectly) dependent on another. As a result it only looks 'one deep'. Shouldn't be too hard to resolve, though doing so without disrupting performance might take a bit of thought.

How do you get Flax Fibers? The 'pedia entry for Flax Fibers doesn't say what building provides it, only that you need really early tech (and presumably access to Flax).

Art for the two new resources - coming later today.

Thanks!

How do you get Flax Fibers? The 'pedia entry for Flax Fibers doesn't say what building provides it, only that you need really early tech (and presumably access to Flax).

Should be the Flax Farm building.

EDIT: Yup, you can see it in the Pedia listed under Flax Farm.

Should be the Flax Farm building.

EDIT: Yup, you can see it in the Pedia listed under Flax Farm.

Which suggests that for the manufactured resources we should ensure that the building that produces them shows up in the pedia. I wont be doing it as I can no longer read the pedia.

Then I'd say if it makes it that hard for some people to read it then it should be back to the previous background, which was already a nice improvement over the norm.

I have to say, I REALLY REALLY like the new (earth from orbit) background for the tech tree, but if it's a problem for some people can we make it modular somehow?

We need something for the player, and probably the AI to, that suggests that you really need to build building X because it produces resource Y and you don't have any Y. It took me ages in one game to figure out why everyone wanted to sell me raw meat! In all 20 cities I had not built a single butcher:lol:

Top Bottom