C2C - RQT (Random Questions Thread)

000FloW

Chieftain
I didn't find a place for this, so would like to introduce, a C2C Random Question Thread.

I have(had) trouble finding up to date information on this ever changing, evolving and expanding mod. The search functions I found hard to use. Either a lot of results that are mostly old and outdated, or no results if searching too specific.
Also noticed the forum has alot of "Noob question" subjects threads with 2-3 posts in them. Hard to tell what is in them without opening the thread, but might contain valuable information.

If anyone has a question which only requires a single answer. This would be the place.
Afraid to ask it elsewhere, thinking a question might be stupid to ask, ask it here.

so:
What do I need to research to make my first settler(tribe;))?
or
How do i open the menu to see all shortcuts i seen at the start again?

If your question doesnt have a single answer but is more opinion based, making a thread would probably be a better idea.

For those answering, this is a place to share knowledge. This is not a place to make fun of any question, troll, or debate the question. Asking "newbie" questions from people with years of experience can be intimidating, which it shouldnt be. This mod has a lot of content, which is an amazing experience. Being a newbie exploring a game for the first time is probably the best time you can have of a game. So lets make that experience better and give them a place to ask any question worry free. :)

(Please note if forum policy is prefered to have any question have it's own thread. For search engine purposes, or any other reason. Any moderator feel free to delete this post/thread. Also if a thread like this already exists, or if this is not the place please feel free to (re)move this thread.
I am new to this forum and mod. I am amazed but also overwhelmed. I miss easy access to information, unsure where to post questions, and dont really like to make a thread for every question that is probably asked x10 already.)

Why cant my settler build a city between the 2 mountains?

first screen shot: Settler menu (no city option)
second screen shot: other unit with settler, and plot highlighted, no enemy units, claim, or upgrades on plot.

Can i not settle on marsh or is the mangrove blocking the city? Am i to far from my capitol?

The city icon on the settler does apear when i move to other unclaimed ground, and can be used.
The city icon on the settler does apear when to close to my own city, but gets greyed out.
The city icon does not apear (disapears) when trying to build in ground claimed by another civ.

This makes me think that the ground is claimed but i dont see it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    409.4 KB · Views: 117
That coast line sucks! You can't build cities on Mangroves until much later (not sure when it unlocks but it's probably around the time you can tear down mangroves.)

That's the kind of territory my wife rage quits the game over.

lol that explains thanks a lot :) Sleep time for me, will have to make my decision tomorow.
Either go south along the coast, but cities will overlap. Or go 1 west and settle on the river, missing the coast :confused:

Is there some tool or some way to create a scenario/map from a savegame?
I spent several days making a detailed map of North America using the ingame worldbuilder and I don't want to do it all over, just to play as Canada or Mexico.
I'd also like to share the map here if anyone's interested.

How can i calculate my Civ income(or cost) per turn?

at the moment i am getting -172:gold:

None of my cities have more Maintenance then they get :gold:.

Even if i compare Maintenance to Base :commerce: I should get a surplus.

Am i losing it to crime, or other diseases, or maybe a civic? Also i seen mention of a way to let the game do a recalc. What was the key combination for that?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 68
You're probably dealing with a global factor that plays into it that isn't yet programmed to display on the Economic Adviser. We've known that screen needs further details for a while now.

Economic Adviser .. F2 ... :hammer2:

Thanks lol, that did actually make more sense and gave me more info i needed :thumbsup: (this mod got me back in to civ(4), so being rusty even on my basics lol, first playthrough :) )

Also answer to an earlier question i asked:

Send a worker to the mangrove (or cactus, my next city had that problem) and chop it down. Then settle the city.

No, i dont know what tech it was that unlocked the worker option, but i wasnt able to settle till i used the worker to cut it down.

I'm c. 99% sure that the recalc is Ctrl-Shift-T.

And in a related answer to a potential FAQuestion that hasn't been asked yet:p, Ctrl-Shift-Q brings up the Options popup that gives you all the game options settings you are currently playing under. (It also gives a few useful key combinations, including autoplay, but not including recalc.)

What is the best way to deal with assasins killing all my workers? I am now afraid to move my great people (guarding them with other units :))

I had guard dogs patrol my border, but they got killed. I'm in renaissance era

What is the easiest way to deal with assasins, and other nationsless enemies? I would prefer to stay friendly with the country doing it (will be my pet, i surrounded his country).

I'm c. 99% sure that the recalc is Ctrl-Shift-T.

And in a related answer to a potential FAQuestion that hasn't been asked yet:p, Ctrl-Shift-Q brings up the Options popup that gives you all the game options settings you are currently playing under. (It also gives a few useful key combinations, including autoplay, but not including recalc.)

Lol i actually wanted to know this. I put it as example question, but mainly because i didnt know myself :)

What is the best way to deal with assasins killing all my workers? I am now afraid to move my great people (guarding them with other units :))

I had guard dogs patrol my border, but they got killed. I'm in renaissance era

What is the easiest way to deal with assasins, and other nationsless enemies? I would prefer to stay friendly with the country doing it (will be my pet, i surrounded his country).

Dogs in combination with either a strong mounted unit with good anti-melee or an anti-melee unit like an axeman. If you're playing fight or flight this is the way to go - the anti-melee attacks what the dogs spot and the dogs go in to mop up if the enemy retreats. (Dogs are really really good at pursuit - just a little weak so are best as a second attack.)

I think I am playing with pretty standard options, but not sure on fight or flight or what you mean with that.

I didn't think yet to team my dogs up with a melee. I did notice a setting to set win% for when to auto-attack when border patrolling. So gonna try that now, melee + dog + auto border patrol

Ah... yeah I would just keep a strong anti-melee on your worker stacks too... I would not put too much faith in patrols to be perfect. (I don't tend to automate all that many units.)

Ok, stupid question:

How can i change the build order of things from the queue, without having to cancel and then re-queue them (i.e. think about having 30+ things in queue)?

Top Bottom