C2C - RQT (Random Questions Thread)

Hi,

In Vanilla Civ I believe that it was possible to chance boats out in the open sea even before the ocean travel was permitted.

I think I remeber reading somewhere in these forums that this has been disabled in C2C but also that this is something that would be possible to activate since the AI already understands the concept of chancing boats to ocean travel.

Is there any easy way I can reactivate this myself by editing an XML or similar?

Are there any chances that this will be reacitvated for the mod in general? As it is now a civ stranded on an Island will be totally alone until ocean travel which is a really long way away.

Best Regards
Jon

If I remember correctly this was removed from RoM and hence C2C because the AI would spam lots of sea units and so explore the whole world. The event system is used to sink the ships and only ony event per turn can happen per player. Therefore the chance of a ship sinking is very very low.

If I remember correctly this was removed from RoM and hence C2C because the AI would spam lots of sea units and so explore the whole world. The event system is used to sink the ships and only ony event per turn can happen per player. Therefore the chance of a ship sinking is very very low.

Yeah I can see the problems with this. Are there any plans to introduce something similar? I really like the Idea of being able to do the daredevil stunt and perhaps getting a BIG payoff when your bout with a tribe/settler can dare that one single space of Ocean and get to a new island/continent on the other side. Especially when you're stranded on a lonely island/continent.

How about making Ocean to be damage terrain to non-oceangoing ships (like almost 50%) so that it is possible but very risky due to the risk of animal attack? But that might be a problem since I assume not all players play with damage terrain.

Best Regards
Jon

Yeah, there's plans but the AI will have to be taught and it's pretty much a whole project of its own.

No worries, I wouldn't put it on top of the priority list myself either ... Nomadic Start for example is far more interesting.

Thank you very much for the answers

Best Regards
Jon

How about making Ocean to be damage terrain to non-oceangoing ships (like almost 50%) so that it is possible but very risky due to the risk of animal attack? But that might be a problem since I assume not all players play with damage terrain.

If the AI understands terrain damage then perhaps this would work. The difficulty would be to turn travel in oceans off for people with terrain damage off. I should be able to do it with WoC XML with a bit of thought.

The game option XML tag on units can't be used for this because it would turn off the whole unit. I would need to create a dummy unit that was on/off based on the option and then have the WoC XML based on the existance of that unit. Not hard, just a bit time consuming to do.

Top Bottom