C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Pit spouts about "cheaters", yet made his map into an early New World discovery that only a human player will EVER take advantage of. Speak about double standards, lol.
tbf the AIs have followed the cleared path to the extent that there's a good spread of contact between various old world cultures and oceania/new world. Think Polynesia is the only totally undiscovered (?) civ still, mostly because I didnt bother to scout for them

tbf the AIs have followed the cleared path to the extent that there's a good spread of contact between various old world cultures and oceania/new world. Think Polynesia is the only totally undiscovered (?) civ still, mostly because I didnt bother to scout for them
Strange (I wouldn't expect AI to be smart/lucky enough to do it, but I'm still in Prehistory, lol), but doesn't change that it's still a botched "Earth map".

Last edited:
"Time" is the least of your problems when you get that *@#! thing working again.
Got 99 problems and a time machine is one. (+1)

Reactions: tmv
This map is such a mess and disapointment. @Pit2015 Why you wont listen players?
1. I am at the beginning of ancient age, most civs are in classical age. Now look at map. It looks like globalized 21th century free world trade. Do you wish bananas from south america in ancient age?, no problem. Or some opium from asia? no problem at all. Delete all those "secret water paths"
2. Look how many islands in pacific. Delete atols like midway, guam etc....such micro islands shoudnt exist on this map. Keep only Fiji and maybe, just maybe 2 more islands Samoa and french polynesia. Pacific is giant space of water not a chessboard with islands.
3. Add source of flax on main island of polynesian civ. Without this they cant produce rope and sails and better ships. Its vital source for them.
4. My personal wish: delete space from map or make another version without it. Space is broken because AI cant use it. Its ultimate advantage over any AI. And it slows down turn time.

Until you fix at least first 2 problems I refuse to play this fantasy world map anymore :mad:

For moders:
1. The game on this gigantic map is pretty stable, only 2 crashes in 3747 turns long game :thumbsup:
2.Turn time is horrible 7-10min+, world still at classical age and all 40civs alive. Playing with every possible option for this mod.

Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG

Maori vassalizing Dutch...thousands of miles away (unless it's a randomly re-emerged Minor Civ, but I somehow doubt that).
Yeah, BROKEN is an understatement here, loool.

Honestly turn times is just a matter of the ginormity of this map right now and how that interacts with the core challenges we have as programming modders. There are a TON of things we have done to improve turn times so that this is beneath 30 min turn times and we have a lot more we can do to get it down to under 5 min in later eras. The problem is 90% slow and poorly designed unitAI and we have lots of plans to improve all that but once more, planning and executing are two very different things and time to execute for the really skilled of us is a huge problem and there's never really enough. That said, we've EVALUATED the problems to a lot of solutions at least. Just going to take earning time freedom none of us have enough of at the moment. So the problem is not 'pits' specifically beyond how large the scale is here, which would be nice to be able to smoothly support at some point.

Honestly turn times is just a matter of the ginormity of this map right now and how that interacts with the core challenges we have as programming modders. There are a TON of things we have done to improve turn times so that this is beneath 30 min turn times and we have a lot more we can do to get it down to under 5 min in later eras. The problem is 90% slow and poorly designed unitAI and we have lots of plans to improve all that but once more, planning and executing are two very different things and time to execute for the really skilled of us is a huge problem and there's never really enough. That said, we've EVALUATED the problems to a lot of solutions at least. Just going to take earning time freedom none of us have enough of at the moment. So the problem is not 'pits' specifically beyond how large the scale is here, which would be nice to be able to smoothly support at some point.
The LATEST complaint was NOT about turn times, though. LOL!

This map is such a mess and disapointment. @Pit2015 Why you wont listen players?
1. I am at the beginning of ancient age, most civs are in classical age. Now look at map. It looks like globalized 21th century free world trade. Do you wish bananas from south america in ancient age?, no problem. Or some opium from asia? no problem at all. Delete all those "secret water paths"
2. Look how many islands in pacific. Delete atols like midway, guam etc....such micro islands shoudnt exist on this map. Keep only Fiji and maybe, just maybe 2 more islands Samoa and french polynesia. Pacific is giant space of water not a chessboard with islands.
3. Add source of flax on main island of polynesian civ. Without this they cant produce rope and sails and better ships. Its vital source for them.
4. My personal wish: delete space from map or make another version without it. Space is broken because AI cant use it. Its ultimate advantage over any AI. And it slows down turn time.

Until you fix at least first 2 problems I refuse to play this fantasy world map anymore :mad:

For moders:
1. The game on this gigantic map is pretty stable, only 2 crashes in 3747 turns long game :thumbsup:
2.Turn time is horrible 7-10min+, world still at classical age and all 40civs alive. Playing with every possible option for this mod.

View attachment 655522

If it is such a mess why you game to for years now? :goodjob:

1. No, the secret costal ways and long possible early sea ways are cool and they will simulate early civ movement/colonization as it was and could have been. Opens a lot of more strategies and the possibility to colonize far away more early.

2. No i will keep simulate the smallest islands with one plot. Yeah, some can be reworked or removed later, i got that already on the todo list.

3. Ok, i look into.

4. As said before, no space will still in for now, multimap may not come or work ever and maybe a space AI will be done. And takes long to get to the space era. Maybe it is only needed to make the AI to use starting shuttles rest may work a bit. Also its cool stuff to game in later and it will not increase the turn times because there are no cities and no units for many eras. If you dont want space stop the research into space age by making the tech cost extreme high for the next tech, so no one will go into space in your game.

Good to hear its good stable now. :thumbsup: Go to war if you still have to many civs for you. Or go into WB and delete a complete civ with one click and tell your self pandemic or a dimensional catastrophe got them. :)

If it is such a mess why you game to for years now? :goodjob:

1. No, the secret costal ways and long possible early sea ways are cool and they will simulate early civ movement/colonization as it was and could have been. Opens a lot of more strategies and the possibility to colonize far away more early.

2. No i will keep simulate the smallest islands with one plot. Yeah, some can be reworked or removed later, i got that already on the todo list.

3. Ok, i look into.

4. As said before, no space will still in for now, multimap may not come or work ever and maybe a space AI will be done. And takes long to get to the space era. Maybe it is only needed to make the AI to use starting shuttles rest may work a bit. Also its cool stuff to game in later and it will not increase the turn times because there are no cities and no units for many eras. If you dont want space stop the research into space age by making the tech cost extreme high for the next tech, so no one will go into space in your game.

Good to hear its good stable now. :thumbsup: Go to war if you still have to many civs for you. Or go into WB and delete a complete civ with one click and tell your self pandemic or a dimensional catastrophe got them. :)
1. Pit Logic (pun intended) strikes again.
4. Larger maps DO take more time to at least AUTO-SAVE. If you multiply thousands of auto-saves by the difference, it gets rather significant. Also, NOT SURE whether it affects turn time.

NOT SURE whether Larger maps affects turn time.
It does in many ways, the obvious one is that the map will fit more cities, units and players; more of these will cause more code to process every turn. It also increase the plot sample size significantly for pathfinding code, pathfinding code is not insignificant in terms of time complexity (time to run more than doubles if one doubles the plot sample size it has to analyze). There are likely more reasons why bigger maps will take longer time to process end turns, but most of them will involve a loop across all plots (sometimes confined to just the plots belonging to a specific landmass or watermass) to find a specific plot or do something with the plot.

It does in many ways, the obvious one is that the map will fit more cities, units and players; more of these will cause more code to process every turn. It also increase the plot sample size significantly for pathfinding code, pathfinding code is not insignificant in terms of time complexity (time to run more than doubles if one doubles the plot sample size it has to analyze). There are likely more reasons why bigger maps will take longer time to process end turns, but most of them will involve a loop across all plots (sometimes confined to just the plots belonging to a specific landmass or watermass) to find a specific plot or do something with the plot.
The question was solely about the SPACE part (which has no units or cities for most of the game time), so it may only affect pathfinding (and even then... I really hope it shouldn't).
But it 100% affects auto-saving time (simply more plots to write, and the number IS significant), which is an indirect increase in overall total "turn time" for Eternity games.

The question was solely about the SPACE part (which has no units or cities for most of the game time), so it may only affect pathfinding (and even then... I really hope it shouldn't).
But it 100% affects auto-saving time (simply more plots to write, and the number IS significant), which is an indirect increase in overall total "turn time" for Eternity games.

1 to 5 seconds maybe, thats it if it is empty plots.

5 seconds every 4 turns for TENS OF THOUSANDS OF TURNS (on Eternity).
Dude, do your math.

If the spacepart is empty, turn time may take 1 to 5 seconds longer, do you understand? :thumbsup: So removing the spacepart will save only 1 or 2 seconds on a turn.

Math it out yourself, its not worth to put 30 hours into removing space, also space is cool as said before. Space AI should be developed.

(You waste every day thousands of seconds) :) So if you game 100 turns a day you will waste 3,33 minutes per day, you can life with that, as you can relax while the turn is running. :)

Last edited:
If the spacepart is empty, turn time may take 1 to 5 seconds longer, do you understand? :thumbsup: So removing the spacepart will save only 1 or 2 seconds on a turn.

Math it out yourself, its not worth to put 30 hours into removing space, also space is cool as said before. Space AI should be developed.

(You waste every day thousands of seconds) :) So if you game 100 turns a day you will waste 3,33 minutes per day, you can life with that, as you can relax while the turn is running. :)
*How to philosophize my laziness into virtue.*

Top Bottom