C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Then better put in the descrption "Can only be build by ... " great person others can be build by great persons but are buildable also, its a bit unclear. Nowhere any clear statement that it can only build by great person.

War galley has no longer cargo spaces but discription text tells that it has -1 cargo space, needs a fix also. Textfix. Screeni... Galley has 3 cargo spaces. -1 as the text tells = 2 cargo spaces for war galley, but war galley has 0 cargo spaces.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
    528.6 KB · Views: 70
Then better put in the descrption "Can only be build by ... " great person others can be build by great persons but are buildable also, its a bit unclear. Nowhere any clear statement that it can only build by great person.
There's nothing in the XML that specifically makes that the case so directly that it can be formatted into text. It's a combination of properties. The main thing, and you can see this as a player as well, is that there is NO hammer cost. Any buildings that have no hammer cost can only come into play through a source that does not involve selecting the building to be constructed in the build queue. But we cannot say 'can only be built by' etc... because this is not the only reason for no build cost. Other reasons might be, for example, crime autobuilds. You can't choose to construct crimes thus they have no hammer cost. They come and go according to the crime levels in the city. Even where a Great Person CAN construct a building, the building may have a construction cost or other ways to come into play potentially, so you can't ever assume that just because it has no build cost and has GPs that can construct it that this is the only way they can be derived.

But as a player, you CAN read into this combination of factors in the pedia - that the building has no construction cost and can be constructed by a couple of GP types. Unless you see some other factors being mentioned, this is a clear indication that you can ONLY construct this building with one of the noted GPs.

War galley has no longer cargo spaces but discription text tells that it has -1 cargo space, needs a fix also. Textfix. Screeni... Galley has 3 cargo spaces. -1 as the text tells = 2 cargo spaces for war galley, but war galley has 0 cargo spaces.
Strategy texts often have a hard time keeping up with changes in unit stats. The war galley's cargo hold was more annoying than it was worth because as the combat vessel if its era, and with the first in the stack being the first to get loaded by automatic loading procedures, you would have to really slow down and load with care or you'd be loading your best units onto the vessels that would come up first to defend and die in a naval combat, taking down your best units in the process. They are much more convenient NOT being transport AND combat ships.

Sorry that the strategy text hasn't caught up.

No problem, just reporting bugs that you may want to fix. You can write that someday into the text discription, ok for now no hammer cost = great person is needed.

Game is going to be hard now, have 12 citys and alot to do now, AI is hard now on deity. :goodjob:

No problem, just reporting bugs that you may want to fix. You can write that someday into the text discription, ok for now no hammer cost = great person is needed.

Game is going to be hard now, have 12 citys and alot to do now, AI is hard now on deity. :goodjob:
Hmmm......sounds like I need to make it harder heh? I like to see you :old: squeal abit. :mischief: Then I know the job is getting done right. :lol:

Its hard and challenging now. :):thumbsup: And good to see that you done mostly all i suggested to you. :thumbsup:

What do I need now when I remove a forest that gives me hammers? Bronze working?

What do I need now when I remove a forest that gives me hammers? Bronze working?
I think so. Says in the tech description.

Hopefully, on main screen hover over with mouse on "Removing" not "burning" tells also "Will not give you any hammers".

Will it make any difference if you have 1 or 3 diamond mines for your empire? Will 3 diamond mines increase the empire gold more than one mine? Any benefit to have more of one ressource than just one besides the city bonus?

Will it make any difference if you have 1 or 3 diamond mines for your empire? Will 3 diamond mines increase the empire gold more than one mine? Any benefit to have more of one ressource than just one besides the city bonus?
No difference at this time. But you can use those excess for trade and benefit from them that way.

sorry, just downloaded C2C from the external link told here but can't find the link to download this UEM map/scenario

Venturing deeper into the game now. Looks like a small bug here... free promotion for?
Looked into this further and it's a display code bug. I'm compiling a dll that fixes this now.

BTW, @Pit2015 you have often asked about overflow fixes and I'd like you to know that at this time the gold overflow issue has been resolved for the forseeable future. If we hit another overflow point, we'll need to figure out what went past the limit and correct it so keep an eye out for that and report in with any saves that seem to have a problem with values going nuts.

Is this map worth downloading and starting an Eternity game on? I was strongly considering it, but I'm unsure about using 10 something AI on the map and it dragging down the speed of my game.

I did however buy another hard drive which was one of those Seagate 2TB hybrid ones which are supposed to be better for open world type of games. (not necessarily this.) I also upgraded to a Rx 480 8gb a year ago so I'm considering a large world with a ton of ai civs.

Thoughts?

A big big map like this will take a lot of time to process. But it's fun and worth it in the end. Maybe Eternity itself might not be... might advise a little faster so that if something frustrates you or the game gets confounded for good it isn't quite as heart breaking. C2C may not quite YET be ready for the full time commit to that epic a journey through the game.

Looked into this further and it's a display code bug. I'm compiling a dll that fixes this now.

BTW, @Pit2015 you have often asked about overflow fixes and I'd like you to know that at this time the gold overflow issue has been resolved for the forseeable future. If we hit another overflow point, we'll need to figure out what went past the limit and correct it so keep an eye out for that and report in with any saves that seem to have a problem with values going nuts.

Cool. :goodjob: Keep on and we all dont need to buy new games always! :thumbsup: Damn had some problems with nice girls lately in the last days :crazyeye:, so i dont had time to continue my game but i will surely do now in the next days, is to much fun. Yep i keep you updated and informed.

@armenia4ever I game this map only and for weeks works fine for me, and turn times still very fast, under 1 minute, just try it out. :thumbsup: Longer gameplay is more rewarding because you need to use what you have a long time and techs are worth the real thing. Can your civ stand the test of time? You need luck to survive. Only bug i see now in the map/scenario is that i have gems as resource on the map, but thats ok i see it as a mix of gems and not valuable enouth for a special gem mine, but for a mine as a bonus, works fine.

Last edited:
Damn had some problems with nice girls lately in the last days :crazyeye:, so i dont had time to continue my game but i will surely do now in the next days, is to much fun
Is it the game that's too much fun... or the nice girls? ;)

Stupid damn stupid girls. :thumbsup: Next time i let them play my map as test. :mischief: Ok i updated to latest SVN savegame still working, moving on now.

Hey Pit2015,

Hoping you can enlighten me somewhat.

I have been enjoying your map but at 280AD I'm getting end of turn hang, not had this problem at all up to this turn.

It's been suggested by Thunderbrd to try changing my BUG settings as he's not getting the same results. I was just wondering if you could highlight any BUG settings that are likely to cause known issues?

Thanks,

So does this map have the space map thats created as well once you reach that era?

Also is it only possible to play this map from the the scenario screen, or can I load it for the custom game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom