1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - UEM - Ultimate Earth Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Pit2015, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

A space map is not created once you reach the era needed. We still have some work on that project to go before that becomes a reality. This map does not attempt to include that content but does do a good job of being the most detailed Earth map available.

2. armenia4ever

armenia4ever Chieftain

So can I load this map in the customize game screen, or do I have to use the scenario?

Also with these many civilizations, how much slower would the game run then on a 12 civ game?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not sure. Pit will have to answer that.

A lot.

4. CIVILNATER

CIVILNATER Chieftain

The first post details the options that the scenario loads with, but it also states that you can run a custom scenario.

I've not had issues with the options i selected, despite Pits recommendations. Though I've run into difficulties recently, they aren't related to the scenario options. Credit to Thunderbrd for confirming that side of things.

5. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Try to load 1-2 turns a earlyer savegame, then go on, mostly works if the mod has a problem somewhere or game hangs anywhere.

6. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

You can use the vanilla map also: https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/c2c-uem-bypit2015-v3-0_no_preset_civs-7z.405734/

And if a game option makes a problem, go to worldbuilder in scenario and disable ist.

7. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

We need multimap, play my scenario 1 turn, then when space is available load space map play 1 turn in space, then when you got a planet i make a new map and then play this planet 1 turn, so we get a galaxy. :) Then load my scenario map and play next turn. :crazyeye::thumbsup:

Bug now? Spearpoint burial. Screenshot:

Attached Files:

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

One guy can only do so much over time - particularly when he's still a novice programmer and bug reports are neverending(and he only learned to program so he could build a few new tags for adding combat depth... sheesh). But yeah, we do need MMs.

What's the bug?

9. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Looks like too long unit list for the promotions, nuclear sub mammoth hunter promotion? And funny attack/distance stuff in there. Sea animals? Look the spearpoint burial discription in the screenshot.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

ok... I see what you're trying to say. I did try a fix there recently and I'll have to see why it's giving it for all.

11. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Same problem on mesa verde and spirits legacy.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Thank you. I've found the error and should have a new commit with the fix soon.

13. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

I got now 13% inflation next turn 14% taking my gold away, is there a limit to the inflation? Or any early methode to reduce inflation?

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

No and nope, two good reasons to hate the inflation system in BtS.
    I don't think it will be modded soon, some people seem to like it the way it is.

15. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Is there a limit or will it go up to 100%? Why not making a building that reduce it by 1%? Also i heard joseph talking about he reduced the inflation a bit? Maybe you can set the limits in the xml?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There's no limit. This is appreciated by some. The point really is for there not to be. But discussions on trying to give players some means to create deflation have been met with resistance and we're respecting that opinion at this time.

17. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Found that in a forum, telling there is a cap:

"More units,maintenance eg..... make expenses worse.

Make more money is the answer Beyond the sword 3.13 patch and above the inflation is cap 171% to 174% {2050AD}.

Look under wealth for inflation"

So will that make a long game impossible? Then i have to mod that for my map...

Other post tells:

"Oh, inflation doesn't stop at 195%, it keeps increasing if you don't play with the time victory option and play beyond 2050AD. I've already seen a screenshot of a player who had a gold percentage of 80% just to break even because the inflation maintenance was something like 2000 gold per turn."

Ahhhhh

"Patch 3.13 notes
    Reduced inflation and better normalized it with game speed
    Inflation no longer increases after the game time limit has been reached
    Adjusted corporation maintenance for inflation "

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/inflation-and-corporations.232926/page-6

But maybe the AI will get bankrupt from that... maybe theres something needed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I hardly ever have gold problems in C2C. You can always choose less inflating civics. But generally speaking, it should always be possible to stay ahead of inflation, so far as I have seen and according to other player feedback so far.

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Eternity already has the Lowest Inflation rate with the longest Inflation offset of any Game Speed. And you have to understand Pit that your map is also a major contributor to this "perceived" Scenario situation. Long game speeds that Only C2C has embraced actually need further reduction in # of turns as part of a solution.
    AND2 removed Inflation at one time. I do not know If they still have that in their mod or not.
    As for "liking it that way", it is a curb to some very powerful exploits that make Difficulty levels meaningless.

Who is playing your scenario with BtS patch 3.13? How is that even possible since we operate under the 3.19 patch. Whomever you quoted is out of date!
    So your whole post about what Patch 3.13 tried to do is irrelevant to the BtS 3.19 game and any Mod that uses it.

So keep on using those exploits that increase inflation, to your own detriment. And it will get worse as i start reducing buildings that give OP amounts to Gold by % as the game progresses thru the Eras in C2C.

20. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Inflation is ok and makes the game a bit harder if you want to keep it in game, as Thunderbrd said enouth gold can be produced, thats true if you dont overstretch to fast and founding to many citys to fast, but i think in latest patch inflation will also be still capped somewhere, for longer gamespeeds that meens 350% or something but also slower increase i hope, as long as it dont drives the AI bankrupt it should work. Active way to figt inflation is not to reduce your maintainance cost. Gamespeed length for eternity is fine now and very challenging, fine long long game, but i can manage to get a new tech all 8-10 turns currently, i am gaming long now and only researched trade for now. :thumbsup: