1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - UEM - Ultimate Earth Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Pit2015, Sep 25, 2015.

1. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I said just keep that dll somewhere.

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Save is broken.
    If you know how to compile c++ you could revert the dll change that happened at 10010 and 10012. You would have to redo this every time we change the dll from now on. I guess it's more work than its worth eh.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Unfortunately that is not a cake you can have AND eat as well. This is not possible at this point.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  4. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Hmm then i have to stay on last working SVN and play as long as i reach a point where no content is build in the mod. :) Well allways starting new games will move alot of players from the mod... i know hard to guarantee savegame still working because of development but maybe try, will keep more players here.

Ok considering keep on playing my old game or start a new one with standart mod settings, how log do you think will i be able to continue my savegame with latest working SVN? To end of modern era? Consider any problems and realistic plz. :goodjob:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We do our best to avoid having to break compatibility. Alberts is a fan of doing so in some cases where old games continued would produce bugs that would be difficult to track down and would be due to the game corruption that a mistake in the coding along the way left behind. Some things you cannot repair in the game state.

In all the time since Koshling made so many things possible to continue maintaining compatibility through, I've seen only 2 compatibility breaks (maybe more if we get technical - the first one was a cluster of incompatibility breakages I guess.) It should not happen often. Nor is it predictable for when it does.

6. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Ok but now what do you think makes more sense, will it work to continue my savegame on latest working SVN for a long time or make it more sense to start a new game now? If i stay on current SVN there will be no bug fix for me and no new content after modern era i think, any other problems? Well latest SVN was pretty stable.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Knowing the severity of some of the issues being addressed, I'd suggest to start a new game.

8. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Hi folks, how is development progressing? Good to start a new long game currently or better wait a bit?

9. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

@Thunderbrd and @alberts2 fixed pretty much every major issue with the brain dead AI. We are now (I think) checking if everything is good to go by play-testing before the new version is released.

In my opinion you are good to go!

10. arihant

arihant Warlord

You should wait few more days, they are testing new version. I am waiting too, before i start new epic game on your map.

11. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Ok guys, let me know when the new version is ready. Also let me know if any map game options changes or other changes are needed for the new version.

12. Poloman9a

Poloman9a Chieftain

Is it possible to use this map with no pre-set civs?

13. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

IT's KRIBBELING IN MY FINGERS. :) Good to start a very long game now or better still wait a bit?

@Poloman9a There is a older version of the map with no preset civs.

Justin Cray likes this.
  14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Probably the first time I'd say yes, it should be a very good version to start a long game on. My wife and I have ourselves.

15. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Ok i will start a new game asap. :goodjob: Hopefully i dont find to many bugs again to create to mutch work for you. ;)

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not that I'm taking much of it on these days anyhow. I'm on a break.

17. s4nguine

s4nguine Chieftain

Hello
    Is it possible to play as Poland on this map?

18. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

There isn't Poland - this map has preset civs, by the way on this map it can't go to space :mischief:

19. s4nguine

s4nguine Chieftain

I wanted to believe :<

raxo2222 likes this.
  20. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

At all... there is no poland civ in C2C yet or? ;) This map is so large that it is hard to play a entire game up to space age, we will wait until we have multimap then i will create all solar system planets and a space map to reach these planets. :goodjob: But as i know you can create space colonys and so on also with no space terrain on my earth map? How will that be playing out later at current C2C state without multimap on my UEM map?

Starting a new long game now! Letz see how far i will go this time. :thumbsup: Eternity + Deity. Try to survive.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018