C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

NICE REPORT + BUG/PROBLEM:

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! Best game i ever had so far, very nice balanced gameplay now, good city distance maintenance cost. Mutch fixed and mutch addeed, a pleasure to game this now! Oh damn, i badly managed to get neanderthals before the AI did, we get lucky an conquered the Iroquois, our economy was overstreched and very hard to maintain and hold the conquered stuff. Then we marched on to the south, wow wow my army had a hard time against the aztec only one unit of my elite army and the general survived the war but we won again everything on the edge. Now the barbarians in the north growed to large and they trying to destoy our north citys, rest of my troops in the south we had a very hard time to hold the north, with the last drop of gold from my economy we mangaged to raise a very small army and move on to the barbarian strongholds and again we won with the last unit. Now the notrh is more secure but at a cost of research, we fall back alot and the maya civ has grown and is a new threat in the sout, will we be able to hold what we sized? The economy is coming up again, but mutch to do, we will see in the future... so mutch fun now, very good work.

BUG/PROBLEM

Small pedia bug, bark gatherer link bark is going to the unit promotion bark in pedia, should go to the resource bark. 2 Screenies...
I reported this linking problem in pedia to @Toffer90 and @Thunderbrd before.

What are your turn times?

Always go on my map eternity + deity and try to survive. :) I am now at turn 610 and still in the middle of stone age. Turn time takes some seconds, 10-30 seconds depends on how mutch animals attacking me.

I reported this linking problem in pedia to @Toffer90 and @Thunderbrd before.

What are your turn times?
I don't know the slightest thing about how to fix it. Its a core exe engine issue best I can tell. If a name of a game object of any kind is the same as the name of another game object of any kind, the ambiguity is not properly managed. I don't know for sure if its in python programming somewhere or in the exe or in the realm of coding that involves a cryptic mess of macros that I don't even dare try to comprehend lest I receive a visit from Cthulu in my descent into madness and despair.

I don't know the slightest thing about how to fix it. Its a core exe engine issue best I can tell. If a name of a game object of any kind is the same as the name of another game object of any kind, the ambiguity is not properly managed. I don't know for sure if its in python programming somewhere or in the exe or in the realm of coding that involves a cryptic mess of macros that I don't even dare try to comprehend lest I receive a visit from Cthulu in my descent into madness and despair.
I did give a detailed explanation on how to fix it, it will require some dll and XML adjustments.

I'll see if I can find my explanation, think it was in the "Ideas & discussion" thread.

Edit: Here it is. ▬ Link ▬

Last edited:
I did give a detailed explanation on how to fix it, it will require some dll and XML adjustments.

I'll see if I can find my explanation, think it was in the "Ideas & discussion" thread.

Edit: Here it is. ▬ Link ▬
I'm seriously lost trying to read that as to what would need to be done and again... not working on C2C at the moment but if someone else wants to take up what looks to be an easy coding project, it would be a nice thing to contribute. I don't really like working on string formatting much anyhow.

I'm seriously lost trying to read that as to what would need to be done and again... not working on C2C at the moment but if someone else wants to take up what looks to be an easy coding project, it would be a nice thing to contribute. I don't really like working on string formatting much anyhow.

I believe it's replacing the line in the DLL that says:
szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PROVIDES", GC.getGameINLINE().getNumFreeBonuses(eBuilding), GC.getBonusInfo((BonusTypes) kBuilding.getFreeBonus()).getTextKeyWide(), GC.getBonusInfo((BonusTypes) kBuilding.getFreeBonus()).getChar()));
to:
szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PROVIDES", GC.getGameINLINE().getNumFreeBonuses(eBuilding), GC.getBonusInfo((BonusTypes) kBuilding.getFreeBonus()).getType(), GC.getBonusInfo((BonusTypes) kBuilding.getFreeBonus()).getTextKeyWide(), GC.getBonusInfo((BonusTypes) kBuilding.getFreeBonus()).getChar()));
Bold are the additions and the bold with underline the changes.

That way the rest of the work could be done on the XML side of things.

I believe it's replacing the line in the DLL that says:

to:

Bold are the additions and the bold with underline the changes.

That way the rest of the work could be done on the XML side of things.
Thanks for sorting that out. I felt I'd need a compare program to work it out myself. lol

This would have to be done to all examples of [Link=literal] for the pedia links to work with different game objects with the same name.

Not an simple task because it needs to be done everywhere a [Link=literal] is used in an text @Toffer90 only posted that one as an example.

Not an simple task because it needs to be done everywhere a [Link=literal] is used in an text @Toffer90 only posted that one as an example.
Correct, [Link=literal] is inherently faulty and should not be used anywhere; but is used plenty.
The dll adjustment needs to be done in many places too, all the places that fill in all the TXT_KEY's containing a [Link=literal].

Damn i am addicted now. :goodjob: Its so thrilling now, i cant sleep because in the night i think how it will go on and what i can do to keep my civ up! :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye: :goodjob: AI plays much better now, i got hard wars and harder times. Just hit ancient era, begin to work on multimap so i can create a spacemap and new planet maps and develop a way to send space ships with units from one map to next map. :) Dont buy lame new games, play C2C! :thumbsup:

Correct, [Link=literal] is inherently faulty and should not be used anywhere; but is used plenty.
The dll adjustment needs to be done in many places too, all the places that fill in all the TXT_KEY's containing a [Link=literal].
I wonder if @makotech222 could do those adjustments to dll.

Last edited:
Damn i am addicted now. :goodjob: Its so thrilling now, i cant sleep because in the night i think how it will go on and what i can do to keep my civ up! :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye: :goodjob: AI plays much better now, i got hard wars and harder times. Just hit ancient era, begin to work on multimap so i can create a spacemap and new planet maps and develop a way to send space ships with units from one map to next map. :) Dont buy lame new games, play C2C! :thumbsup:
Multimaps won't be in this decade sorry.

Even then AI needs upgrade as it doesn't want to build NASA and some other buildings.

Last edited:
I might be able to take a whack at it. Doesn't seem difficult. I could use more details about where its used in the dll side.

I might be able to take a whack at it. Doesn't seem difficult. I could use more details about where its used in the dll side.
Notepad++ is nice as it allows to search in all files (I searched in all cpp files).

Search "szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PROVIDES", GC.getGameINLINE().getNumFreeBonuses(eBuilding), GC.getBonusInfo((BonusTypes) " (1 hit in 1 file)
\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Sources\CvGameTextMgr.cpp (1 hit)
Line 23037: szBuffer.append(gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PROVIDES", GC.getGameINLINE().getNumFreeBonuses(eBuilding), GC.getBonusInfo((BonusTypes) kBuilding

It must be done in the xml and dll at the same time because mismatches in the string formating cause the game to crash.

Links aka [Link=literal] are used in hundreds of game text strings they all should be changed. The dll must be changed wherever these strings are used.

@Toffer90 only posted one example out of hundreds.

It must be done in the xml and dll at the same time because mismatches in the string formating cause the game to crash.

Links aka [Link=literal] are used in hundreds of game text strings they all should be changed. The dll must be changed wherever these strings are used.

@Toffer90 only posted one example out of hundreds.
I searched for them all in all mod xml files and there are 251 of such entries.
That's including non english strings.
Some of them may be only in vanilla files though.

There is 5678 entries starting with "[Link=" though.
Now it depends if change affects only [Link=literal]

I searched for them all in all mod xml files and there are 251 of such entries.
I think [Link=literal] is also used in non C2C text xml's, so you will need to include vanilla civ and BtS in that search and then filter out any that may be overwritten by C2C (not all text xml entries from vanilla are overwritten by C2C.).

I think [Link=literal] is also used in non C2C text xml's, so you will need to include vanilla civ and BtS in that search and then filter out any that may be overwritten by C2C (not all text xml entries from vanilla are overwritten by C2C.).
I said, that those could be in vanilla texts, that aren't in C2C.

Sounds likes its gonna take a lot of work for pretty small benefit. Probably way easier to just change the text so the pedia doesn't mess up lol.

Sounds likes its gonna take a lot of work for pretty small benefit. Probably way easier to just change the text so the pedia doesn't mess up lol.

For the case of bark maybe make it Tree Bark then? Or replace the animal bark with Bark (Animal).

Top Bottom