C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

No one really needs space until multimap is available as i told you before, it suckst to fly thrue moon plots to next planet. :thumbsup: I will wait for multimap and create then planets on own maps in large scale. For now i have a small plan to add space to UEM if it takes to long for multimap or cant be done. Yep UEM is a worldsimulator/earth simulator currently and you can win it by destroying all other civs and become world leader. You dont need to always start new games, you need a long ongoing game to have a deep game. I have large oceans i can give some space of that for planets like moon and others or enlarge the map even more, its only using 1.3GB RAM currently for the map. We will see how C2C still develope, RAM saving is a priority because its a problem also on smaller maps/huge maps but no one hit the limit for now on UEM. Going to a small line of planets on small maps is not worth a long game, only with multimap. Playing with 20 citys suck, playing a wold with 500+ citys rules. :thumbsup: Small maps are good for casual players or players that dont have much time. UEM = large and deep and long gameplay, you build a civ to stand the test of time not for the dumpster in 1 week.

Also i can build larger planet maps if multimap cant be done, then you can add manually some start units if you build it on another map and then you can build and play on a large moon and larger other planets, not on a planet addes as a line to an map, use your mind and imanigation.

Last edited:
No one really needs space until multimap is available as i told you before, it suckst to fly thrue moon plots to next planet. :thumbsup: I will wait for multimap and create then planets on own maps in large scale. For now i have a small plan to add space to UEM if it takes to long for multimap or cant be done. Yep UEM is a worldsimulator/earth simulator currently and you can win it by destroying all other civs and become world leader. You dont need to always start new games, you need a long ongoing game to have a deep game. I have large oceans i can give some space of that for planets like moon and others or enlarge the map even more, its only using 1.3GB RAM currently for the map. We will see how C2C still develope, RAM saving is a priority because its a problem also on smaler maps/huge maps but no one hit the limit for now on UEM. Going to a small line of planets on small maps is not worth a long game, only with multimap.
Kation's spacemap Earth part is Large- sized on those bigger space maps.

Also there is plenty of space in space.
Space zone height is proportional to terrain/feature/resource diversity.
Spoiler :

This is screenshot from older version of map, where oceans weren't widened yet.

Yep, space as lines sucks... really multimap is needed for that or good planetmaps seperatly. Before that you can miss space.

One earth map -> able to go to next space map -> able to go from space map to other planetmaps with units.

Also suck because south civs have longer ways to space. :)

Yep, space as lines sucks... really multimap is needed for that or good planetmaps seperatly.

One earth map -> able to go to next space map -> able to go from space map to other planetmaps with units.
This is our reality for at least 5 years, especially for AI that doesn't know it have to send unit thrice to build and then upgrade space station, and then send rocket again to spawn cislunar settler on that improvement.
But on multimaps that thing may be simpler lol.

That is AI absolutely sucks when it comes to planning for unit special actions (like building it to use those actions somewhere else).
Space content is full of stuff like this.

On other hand you should be able to create New World Order (civics are whatever you want) in Nanotech or Transhuman era, so there is one nation when you send first starships.

Last edited:
This is C2C, it always developes, borders are there to take them down. :thumbsup: Letz go forward, boldly where no one has gone before.

Will be more easy for the AI if there is a way they can send units to another map, if these maps are loaded new every turn like new gamestart no RAM problem and hundreds of maps can work together if you discover more and more planets.

Otherwise if multimap cant be done then there can be implemented a option if you build space stuff you can start you own new maps with planet and add starting stuff via WB, so if a event informs you that a civ builded space age stuff add it to a real full space/planet map, thats a manual way.

Dont start always new games... create a world and galaxy with no end or you win by destroing all others. Thats UEM. Then we need alot of planet maps to add into. :)

Create some good 100% planet maps and i will add it to UEM campaign if we have multimap. Or a manual event way to colonize space or other planets if space age is reached.

Last edited:
turn 2064 (9 211 BC) ghandi first to discover renneisance lifestyle

here is your requested save file: almost 15MB
btw i play on SVN 10 469(2months old version), do not update or will starve all cities and change rules too much
my turn time is around 3min

Attachments

• Mao Tse-tung BC-9190.CivBeyondSwordSave
    14.2 MB · Views: 93

btw i play on SVN 10 469(2months old version), do not update or will starve all cities and change rules too much
Update to latest SVN - this will be temporary before reaching new equilibrium.

Pretend that whole world got hit with some sort of famine.

You are WAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of schedule.

This map is simply too big - like 2 or 3 size classes bigger than Gigantic now (~13000 tiles).
This save takes 2100 MB of RAM.

Last edited:
@KaTiON_PT or @Toffer90 there is plenty of TXT_KEY errors in city names in that save.

By the way some city names in civilization infos doesn't have TXT_KEY... define, and they have name like that:
Code:
                <City>Washington D.C.</City>
                <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MINNEAPOLIS</City>
                <City>St. Paul</City>

Last edited:
As displayed for years in features:

UEM has 232x112 = 25984 plots on map. (Normal GEM has 210x90 = 18900 plots on map)

Hes playing on fast speed i bet, calendar is not needed for UEM, UEM runs endless. But eternity gamespeed is recommended for a real long game. But as everyone wants all gamespeeds work. Scenraio runs until all civs are destroyed.

This TXT errors is because he started the game 2 month ago, Toffer made that, is fixed on a new gamestart...

Only 2100MB RAM now? Nice... ok i check it soon, thanks for the save @arihant .

ALSO:

If multimap cant be done or unit transfer between maps cant be done then it can be done this way:

Letz say there is a tech for every planet in the solar system, than the first civ to research it will send a colony ship to this planet, like the moon or mars. Then the new large and full planet map is enabled with one settler of this civ. If next civ research the tech also they send also one settler there, so a new planet map can be gamed and started and the old earth map can be continued. Maybe later there can be developed some ways to send stuff to other planets like units or more settlers.

This way a passive multimap is possible without bound to one map. Full multimap is better but if it cant be done this may work.

Last edited:

Damn IMPRESSIVE! Only 2060MB RAM used now! :goodjob: And world is full of citys... 1700MB free RAM still available! Starting the Scenario hast 1200MB - 1400MB RAM... very nice.

Thanx for the report, RAM usage looks very good now. C2C is ready to look over the plate edge into the galaxy with some more development.

World full of citys and i managed to get into WB and made a picture:

Attachments

• wow.png
    wow.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
@KaTiON_PT or @Toffer90 there is plenty of TXT_KEY errors in city names in that save.
Ugh, could you list which ones, give me the full TXT_KEY_'s?
By the way some city names in civilization infos doesn't have TXT_KEY... define, and they have name like that:
Code:
                <City>Washington D.C.</City>
                <City>TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MINNEAPOLIS</City>
                <City>St. Paul</City>
That is ok as long as there are no special characters, the game isn't prepared for special characters in a non-text oriented info xml.
If the city has different names in translations then it needs a TXT_KEY.

Ugh, could you list which ones, give me the full TXT_KEY_'s?
That is ok as long as there are no special characters, the game isn't prepared for special characters in a non-text oriented info xml.
If the city has different names in translations then it needs a TXT_KEY.

This happend only on SVN update some time ago (Remember i reported that a while ago here on one of my savegames), will not happen if you start a new game now i think. That was a problem of one of your svn updates.

This happend only on SVN update some time ago, will not happen if you start a new game now i think. That was a problem of one of your svn updates.
Yeah, but I could fix old saves by adding in some legacy TXT_KEY entries in xml. A new game would never reference such legacy TXT_KEYs but an old game might.

Damn IMPRESSIVE! Only 2060MB RAM used now! :goodjob: And world is full of citys... 1700MB free RAM still available! Starting the Scenario hast 1200MB - 1400MB RAM... very nice.
Game can't use more than 2900 MB of RAM - last GB is reserved for VRAM (graphic card memory) as if memory limit was for RAM + VRAM together.
I had video RAM MAF, when I was moving on map constantly.

So its not even 900 MB of safety here, though VRAM MAF was at 2700 MB.

Game can't use more than 2900 MB of RAM - last GB is reserved for VRAM (graphic card memory) as if memory limit was for RAM + VRAM together.
I had video RAM MAF, when I was moving on map constantly.

So its not even 900 MB of safety here, though VRAM MAF was at 2700 MB.

That are CTD not MAFs when you move on the map, will also happen on this large map at scenario start also and only if you move to fast into a area that is not preloaded, will never happen if you use minmap and click the world into 6 parts preloading the world areas, may happen there were to much units are and you move via mouse cursor to fast and area is not preloaded, has something to do with the graphic paging. If exe is /LAA flaged it has 3,7 GB RAM as Thunderbrd said MAFs comming at about 3.7GB RAM usage. Exe has then 4 GB RAM not 2900 to use. (3.7 exactly free) Also of that nothing get reserved for Video RAM i think... but i am not sure, runs already far more deeper than you thougth and RAM still available, may be already enouth to go beyond modern era, we will see and with some more development more RAM may be saved and made available.

When you preload areas on map by visiting them directly via minmap you can move arround without any CTD in these areas via mouse any you never crash. Mostly these CTD occur only in WB because you look the map without preloading, in game the engine sends you automatically to units and citys and preloding alot of areas by gaming automatically, because of that you get never a CTD by looking the map after you gamed a bit in first turn. May be a hidden memmory leak somehow, but is fixed mostly automatically if you jump to a area, after you jumped and preloaded it it is not crashing if you scroll with mouse.

Also if some RAM is reserved for video cant that be turned off to win alot of RAM? Hardware is good enouth now and has enouth video ram available.

Also if you preload the worldmap in WB by clicking the worldmap into 9 parts or so by visiting areas via minimap then you can use the mouse and not CTD. Maybe some memory leak problem somehow...

Last edited:
That are CTD not MAFs when you move on the map, will also happen on this large map at scenario start also and only if you move to fast into a area that is not preloaded, will never happen if you use minmap and click the world into 6 parts preloading the world areas, may happen there were to much units are and you move via mouse cursor to fast and area is not preloaded, has something to do with the graphic paging. If exe is /LAA flaged it has 3,7 GB RAM as Thunderbrd said MAFs comming at about 3.7GB RAM usage. Exe has then 4 GB RAM not 2900 to use. (3.7 exactly free) Also of that nothing get reserved for Video RAM i think... but i am not sure, runs already far more deeper than you thougth and RAM still available, may be already enouth to go beyond modern era, we will see and with some more development more RAM may be saved and made available.

When you preload areas on map by visiting them directly via minmap you can move arround without any CTD in these areas via mouse any you never crash. Mostly these CTD occur only in WB because you look the map without preloading, in game the engine sends you automatically to units and citys and preloding alot of areas by gaming automatically, because of that you get never a CTD by looking the map after you gamed a bit in first turn.
I'm stating the best of my knowledge but don't take me as an authority here. @alberts2 and @AIAndy are far more knowlegeable on this subject than I am. I admit I could be wrong. It's quite possible Rax is right that some of the mem space goes to the graphic card... I really don't know.

What I CAN say with confidence is that on a simple autogenerated Huge map with a fairly strong % of land, my wife's last game could not get past Modern Era without crashing (MAFs, not code based CTDs) almost every turn. I could not find a memory leak to explain this so I have to suspect it's somewhat... natural.

I'm stating the best of my knowledge but don't take me as an authority here. @alberts2 and @AIAndy are far more knowlegeable on this subject than I am. I admit I could be wrong. It's quite possible Rax is right that some of the mem space goes to the graphic card... I really don't know.

What I CAN say with confidence is that on a simple autogenerated Huge map with a fairly strong % of land, my wife's last game could not get past Modern Era without crashing (MAFs, not code based CTDs) almost every turn. I could not find a memory leak to explain this so I have to suspect it's somewhat... natural.

Also if some RAM is reserved for video cant that be turned off to win alot of RAM? Hardware is good enouth now and has enouth video ram available.

Also if you preload the worldmap in WB by clicking the worldmap into 9 parts or so by visiting areas via minimap then you can use the mouse and not CTD. Maybe some memory leak problem somehow...

Can you check RAM usage of your wifes savegame? Maybe at all it wasnt RAM maybe a bug or something? Interesting to see when will MAF occur at wich RAM lvl realy...

Last edited:
Maybe some memory leak problem somehow...
Maybe but after an exhaustive research into the subject, I couldn't find any in the code.
Can you check RAM usage of your wifes savegame? Maybe at all it wasnt RAM maybe a bug or something? Interesting to see when will MAF occur at wich RAM lvl realy...
At some point I mean to really measure that (trying to open her save in a debug dll is a lesson in patience)... I believe it's as she starts to approach 3GB is when it crashes. You suggested earlier to go to war to cut down the # of units but she did that and it really just got worse. Your own units are just as bad and I think it might be worse, the more territory you own. It really seemed to start becoming a problem as she revealed more and more of the map. She was getting MAFs since the Ren era when she started really exploring.
I don't think anything further can be done than what Koshling already did there. You could try using viewports but it kinda sucks to use in play and there are numerous graphic glitches that never did get sorted out there and sending units afar while on viewports is difficult from a UI interaction perspective (my wife refuses to use it due to the inconveniences it introduces.)

Maybe but after an exhaustive research into the subject, I couldn't find any in the code.

At some point I mean to really measure that (trying to open her save in a debug dll is a lesson in patience)... I believe it's as she starts to approach 3GB is when it crashes. You suggested earlier to go to war to cut down the # of units but she did that and it really just got worse. Your own units are just as bad and I think it might be worse, the more territory you own. It really seemed to start becoming a problem as she revealed more and more of the map. She was getting MAFs since the Ren era when she started really exploring.

Just load the game if you still have it and look into taskmanager how mutch RAM its using, you have to go to war early to reduce content of map, maybe in short it it will increase RAM usage because AI send units from citys to map? You can test if it is a RAM problem on your wifes game best this way... you go into WB directly after load dont move anything, then you can delete a entire civ with the "Kill" button, if you kill a civ look RAM usage again if it saved alot or after one turn maybe.

No big deal currently for UEM i can make timetravel scenarios like if RAM is already enouth to go up to and with modern era is cool, (Option no future area or i mod it to stop by modern) when i make the 1492 colonize scenario with UEM it will go to later eras also. Space age can be missed now as we dont have multimap, but on later stars it may be reached also.

UEM is large and the save game from arihant shows that alot already is explored, so i bet has nothing to do with exploration, plots also there also if not visibile. But i check now loading the entire map into WB from that save, letz see how mutch RAM is used then... one moment...

Ok if full map and all units visibil loaded in WB i have on arihants save 2460 MB RAM usage. 400 MB RAM more as in game... so now letz kill a civ... one moment...

Ok so i deleted inda, he was also already in renaissance era... you dont see that directly if you delete a civ and going out of the WB, no RAM usage change! If you save after leaving WB and then reload the full game and mod you see the RAM change, meens going into WB has a big memory leak, that killing of the civ india saved about 60 MB RAM. Meens deleting 10 civs may save about 400 MB RAM because of different civ sizes. Meens if you can develop a way to save units or stuff from the civs to hdd not into RAM you may be able to save 34 civs still in game x about 40 MB RAM per civ different civ size = 1360 MB RAM or about 1360 MB RAM is now used by civs at this game time.

So looks like if even only 900 MB RAM still free it may run a while more or far because world is already full of citys and units. We will see...

Also if you can manage to go into WB in your wifes game, because WB needs 400 MB more RAM it may crash if you close to 2900 MB or 3700 MB RAM usage in your wifes game, if you are able to go into and able to delete some civs go out and save, then reload full game, then you should be able to continue the game if it is realy a RAM problem. If not its a bug mabe that makes a memory leak, flooding the rest of free RAM.

(Select the civ you want to delete by unit icon "Select unit" in WB, click on a unit from the civ you want to delete then the civ is loaded directly, selecting with menu takes to long, then EDIT PLAYER DATA button then "Kill" to kill full civ, may take a moment...)

About 40 MB RAM per civ after over 2000 turns dont looks so much, but counts up, if possible to save more to hdd then game can go far beyond.

(If the game of your wife has less civs in game than in arihants save 34 civs you may be sure its not RAM may be a bug or memoy leak.) Smaller map + less civs then UEM and MAF? Hmm something wrong there...

Last edited:
Top Bottom