C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

RAM usage is increasing as more units come into game, you can test that by going to WB if you get MAFs and delete an entire civ with one click. If units RAM usage can be conserved somehow then it may work mostly endless. But also there must be ways to use these pointers to set parts of the game into other RAM segments and increase the 4 GB limit. My map/scenario was tested with the world full of citys and no MAFs... most RAM usage must be the units, buildings are only loaded if you enter city i think.

Increase stuff saved to hdd not RAM and it will help alot. Loading the empty start map has low RAM usage.

First look should be to save the units in a city not out in the field to hdd not into RAM. Only load them if needed or the city is attacked.
Yeah have fun with that.

I thinked a bit further about this... maybe its possible to load all mod stuff into a seperate memory district (Own 4gb space) and the main exe into there own adress space. Also i have a idear to save some memory easy, will try it later and report here.

My RAM usage on turn 532 is 1,470 MB only now, so map/scenario runs easy now, problem is the increasing content units and what else?

I tested start option -opengl, no effect, but there are rumors that there is a start option for civ 4 exe to let you run multiple instances, startoption "multiple"... maybe you can use that also somehow to get mod and main exe to use different RAM spaces.

May be possible to save alot of RAM on some unit hdd save coding. Anyone tested that @Yudishtira way to continue if you run out of RAM? How he did that again to let the game run so long?

You need to make some large wars and kill some AI civs when you get close to 3.7 GB RAM usage, then you will free memory. :goodjob:

Last edited:
Report from my last game started 2 months ago: china, no barbarians, no revolution, no vassal states, pure traits, no negative traits, overexpansions of cities couse unhappines(more options in picture)
turn 993(88 288 BC) - china entered into ancient age
turn 1551(25 513 BC) - babylon civ destroyed by arabia
turn 1567(23 713 BC) - korea civ destroyed by china
turn 1658(17 100 BC) - china enter into classical age
turn 1704(14 800 BC) - khmer civ destroyed by china
turn 1717(14 150 BC) - china became leader on scoreboard and converted to first religion - hinduism
turn 1787(10 650 BC)- gandhi first to discover medieval lifestyle
turn 1800 (10 000 BC) - see picture :)
turn 1829(9 916 BC) - first world wonder silk road built by china
turn 1901 (9697 BC) - china enter into medieval era, only 113 turns after first civ :woohoo:
turn 2001 - see picture
turn 2029 - native america became leader in scoreboard
Last reports from spies talk about india entering into rennesaince age.

Also civs which lost their capital during wars: Germany, Russia, Persia

Numbers of cities:
Aborgines 36 cities
Native america 32
USA 28
India 26
China, Brazil, Iroquoits 22
Inca 21
total count 500+ in all over the world

still 2 unknow nations, lot of ongoing wars, backstabbing, blackmailing etc. :)
If you want know more, feel free to ask. Will play until game let me hit limit :D

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0146.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0146.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Civ4ScreenShot0250.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0250.JPG
    491.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Civ4ScreenShot0251.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0251.JPG
    321.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Civ4ScreenShot0278.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0278.JPG
    351.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Civ4ScreenShot0283.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0283.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 90
turn 1901 (9697 BC) - china enter into medieval era, only 113 turns after first civ :woohoo:
turn 2001 - see picture
LOL Tech leader should be in Ancient era according to calendar.

I guess this is one of reasons as to why players want to play on slowest speeds.

Report from my last game started 2 months ago: china, no barbarians, no revolution, no vassal states, pure traits, no negative traits, overexpansions of cities couse unhappines(more options in picture)
turn 993(88 288 BC) - china entered into ancient age
turn 1551(25 513 BC) - babylon civ destroyed by arabia
turn 1567(23 713 BC) - korea civ destroyed by china
turn 1658(17 100 BC) - china enter into classical age
turn 1704(14 800 BC) - khmer civ destroyed by china
turn 1717(14 150 BC) - china became leader on scoreboard and converted to first religion - hinduism
turn 1787(10 650 BC)- gandhi first to discover medieval lifestyle
turn 1800 (10 000 BC) - see picture :)
turn 1829(9 916 BC) - first world wonder silk road built by china
turn 2001 - see picture
turn 2029 - native america became leader in scoreboard
Last reports from spies talk about india entering into rennesaince age.

Also civs which lost their capital during wars: Germany, Russia, Persia

Numbers of cities:
Aborgines 36 cities
Native america 32
USA 28
India 26
China, Brazil, Iroquoits 22
Inca 21
total count 500+ in all over the world

still 2 unknow nations, lot of ongoing wars, backstabbing, blackmailing etc. :)
If you want know more, feel free to ask. Will play until game let me hit limit :D

Cool. :goodjob: Yeah worldsimulatooooor. What is your RAM usage now? TAB out of game and open Taskmanager, now much RAM is civ using now? Or provide your savegame, i load it and check it. 500 Citys and running fine fine. :)

@arihant Plz provide your latest savegame, i want to test RAM saving techniques....

Last edited:
LOL Tech leader should be in Ancient era according to calendar.

I guess this is one of reasons as to why players want to play on slowest speeds.

Yep, slowest gamespeed is on large maps best, otherwise the AI is to fast, civs produce more and more points.

Really??? Just shows how distorted the gameplay is now! Yuck!!!

Really??? Just shows how distorted the gameplay is now! Yuck!!!
Well he could be playing on V38.5.

Also big maps means its easier to outrun calendar.

If he plays on Deity or Nightrmare with TD/WFL/Tech Trading/Brokering, then he also can get boost in research rate.

On slower speeds its easier to build more cities in single era too.

Well he could be playing on V38.5.

Also big maps means its easier to outrun calendar.

If he plays on Deity or Nightrmare with TD/WFL/Tech Trading/Brokering, then he also can get boost in research rate.

On slower speeds its easier to build more cities in single era too.
Without a doubt in any of these areas! Distorts the game immensely.

No one needs the calendar. You can set your date in your mind for your own. :thumbsup: Delete it and only display turns. :goodjob: So no calendar problem... best for endless games.

Make a gameoption to turn off calendar and make only turns visible. Yep vote! ;)

:agree:

Or maybe a option in @Toffer90 PPIO.

Last edited:
No one needs the calendar. You can set your date in your mind for your own. :thumbsup: Delete it and only display turns. :goodjob: So no calendar problem... best for endless games.

Make a gameoption to turn off calendar and make only turns visible. Yep vote! ;)

:agree:

Or maybe a option in @Toffer90 PPIO.
:rolleyes: Has nothing to really do with Calendar but instead the pacing of a 20,000 turn game. After 2000 turns, 1/10 of the way thru that GS, you nor the AI should be researching Ren Era techs Period. That is Just plain wrong! So :p. And just shows the Imbalance of these exaggerated GS. More evidence that No player will ever play 20,000 turns.

And really no player ever played 14,000 or 8250 turn games all the way to last turn either. Ever. so double :p:p!

:rolleyes: Has nothing to really do with Calendar but instead the pacing of a 20,000 turn game. After 2000 turns, 1/10 of the way thru that GS, you nor the AI should be researching Ren Era techs Period. That is Just plain wrong! So :p. And just shows the Imbalance of these exaggerated GS. More evidence that No player will ever play 20,000 turns.

And really no player ever played 14,000 or 8250 turn games all the way to last turn either. Ever. so double :p:p!

No swamp fox, game will run endless as i set it and not only 20.000 turns, ok time for me to got for 20.001 turns. :goodjob: Go and play with yout little small map for pussy gamers. :thumbsup:

(Game is set to win only if you kill all other civs, good if you can do it before turn 20.000)

No swamp fox, game will run endless as i set it and not only 20.000 turns, ok time for me to got for 20.001 turns. :goodjob: Go and play with yout little small map for pussy gamer. :thumbsup:
Getting a bit rank in your replies now huh?! Your bad conotations for players using other maps and game speeds is just a childish rant. So :cry: on mr "big boy". :p:p:p :lol:

Getting a bit rank in your replies now huh?! Your bad conotations for players using other maps and game speeds is just a childish rant. So :cry: mr big boy. :p:p:p :lol:

Lamers may play small maps, gamers that want a real challenge play ultimate. :goodjob::crazyeye::goodjob: Little swamp fox. :thumbsup:

Works fine, no more calendar... only turns.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0427.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0427.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 80
Try 8k or 12k turn game with upscaled research costs and without TD/WFL/Tech Brokering.
When you research Advanced Rocketry in Atomic era post your save.

This tech allows you to build NASA, rocket fuel refinery and other important buildings.

Then post save when you reach Nanotech era - actual space colonization, not just measly space bases (in form of improvements) and exploration.

That is what is possible on space map scenarios.
You are dinosaur, if you play regular scenarios and not spacemap ones.

Generated map is default way to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom