C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Bring it back, fills the map also with more life. But if possible stroms should come up in clusters not only one plot. Like 3 to 12 plots or something.

Bring it back, fills the map also with more life. But if possible stroms should come up in clusters not only one plot. Like 3 to 12 plots or something.
And MORE LAG, yaaay!
You so LOVE making our gaming experience BETTER, I see.

Any documentation about what the different difficulties do? Playing on nightmare and currently at 3 cities in prehistoric with 27 gold income. Iroquois AI has been spamming cities like crazy (I think 8+). I checked world builder just to see and it is barely into ancient with 228 gold income and no anarchy. Obviously nightmare should heavily favor the AI, just wondering if there are any specifics. Strangely the Sioux AI has 120 gold income but seems content to sit on 3 cities even though it isn't blocked in.

Side note, thinking of restarting and changing some settings. Eternity is way too slow. More than half my turns are just hitting the end turn button. Also considering disabling revolutions and enabling emerging leader traits (former doesn't seem well supported and the latter was a lot of fun when I used it previously).

Side note, thinking of restarting and changing some settings. Eternity is way too slow. More than half my turns are just hitting the end turn button. Also considering disabling revolutions and enabling emerging leader traits (former doesn't seem well supported and the latter was a lot of fun when I used it previously).
Inb4 @Pit2015...

Any documentation about what the different difficulties do? Playing on nightmare and currently at 3 cities in prehistoric with 27 gold income. Iroquois AI has been spamming cities like crazy (I think 8+). I checked world builder just to see and it is barely into ancient with 228 gold income and no anarchy. Obviously nightmare should heavily favor the AI, just wondering if there are any specifics. Strangely the Sioux AI has 120 gold income but seems content to sit on 3 cities even though it isn't blocked in.

You have to hunt, search for tribal villages and build up a experienced army if you want to survive. So no time to hit only the end turn button, only if you lost all your units. :)

Look up the new game rules on first posting if you want to take the challenge.

Game will be to fast if you change game speed on the UEM map scale. You can but its not recommended.

Typical Pit.
Game speed is VERY important to the game play style.
If I can pump a unit every turn or two, I will be able to overcome a Tribal Guardian literally with Brutes.
100 Brutes, sure, but Brutes nonetheless.
Random hits ARE random, so 100 attacks during ONE turn will almost definitely kill even a waaay stronger unit simply via accumulated random hits.
And it'd take way less Clubmen.
The major FEATURE of Eternity is that you can't SPAM production, whereas AI can't SPAM it even on Ultrafast (it's too stupid to build GOOD units, that is, and 100 Dogs are NOT a problem).
And let's not even start discussing the BUILDINGS, lol.

Survival is not a problem. I'm not spamming units, I generally only fight the AI if they declare war first. I micromanage the hunter units to start with, but eventually I turn them loose with auto hunt. And I'll usually queue up 3-4 buildings at a time. Depending on my research path, I may not need to reselect those for a couple breakthroughs either. Seems like about 10-20% of the prehistoric research topics don't really add much besides being a prerequisite for something else and they take 20-40 turns each on eternity. So yeah, not a whole lot to do at that game speed.

Side note: Why is the Sioux civ placed way down in Mexico right next to the Aztecs? Makes North America seem even more empty.

Survival is not a problem. I'm not spamming units, I generally only fight the AI if they declare war first. I micromanage the hunter units to start with, but eventually I turn them loose with auto hunt. And I'll usually queue up 3-4 buildings at a time. Depending on my research path, I may not need to reselect those for a couple breakthroughs either. Seems like about 10-20% of the prehistoric research topics don't really add much besides being a prerequisite for something else and they take 20-40 turns each on eternity. So yeah, not a whole lot to do at that game speed.

Side note: Why is the Sioux civ placed way down in Mexico right next to the Aztecs? Makes North America seem even more empty.

If you game good you have to do alot with your units, only lamers do auto hunt, you need to hunt good and game the best to stay up with the AI and if you loos units it will hit you hard on nightmare+eternity, a early building needs about 10-20 turns if you game good. Download UEM 5.6, there are all civs in there historic starting locations and sioux is in north america, you got a old version. And update svn to latest mod version.

@Pit2015 If you want to play hardcore your scenario than try to play some isolated civ as polynesian, no early research rush from random villages or early conquer second city, no hunting.

@Pit2015 If you want to play hardcore your scenario than try to play some isolated civ as polynesian, no early research rush from random villages or early conquer second city, no hunting.
Good one. It's relatively easy to play as Americans on a huge continent with but a few neighbors. Hunting alone is a huge boost for production (food is irrelevant for a long while at the start).
Now, playing on a small island is a totally different thing, loool. No enemies - but also no hunting. Yeah, Pitty, whatcha say about that one?

Switched from eternity to eons in addition to some other changes. Much better game speed.

Still playing the same game for some unknown reason, lol.
Found out I wasted 3 destroyed civs on the following "cheat":
Capture the capital (since it's the oldest, though this applies to any city), SELL ALL OF ITS BUILDINGS (quite a coin there, believe me), then donate it to some weak civ from across the globe.
You get tons of gold, the defeated civ loses their best city (for some it was the only one, but not any more), the faraway loser gets a bunch of waste maintenance that will eat at them bitterly.
Rinse, repeat, benefit.
Well, I instead used those killed civs to get free research, because I kept donating the city to the top civs (below me, mind you, I'm firmly TOP-1), then recapturing it for free research.
LOOOL!!!
One huge disappointment, though - even in Ancient Era already, I'm yet to capture a single city that has built its LOCAL CULTURE, dammit.
I can see that some Native Indians had built a couple of their cultures (so they must've built the local culture first, obviously), but so far nobody in Europe or Africa (that I've met) did that.
Kinda weird, duh.

Capture the capital (since it's the oldest, though this applies to any city), SELL ALL OF ITS BUILDINGS (quite a coin there, believe me), then donate it to some weak civ from across the globe.
You get tons of gold, the defeated civ loses their best city (for some it was the only one, but not any more), the faraway loser gets a bunch of waste maintenance that will eat at them bitterly.
lol... with friends like you, who needs enemas, huh?

I've often wondered if we need to deepen the AI's consideration of the value of a city to include how much that 'gift' could become a severe and crippling drain on its economy.

Also... is the downsizing is profitable option able to inhibit the benefit of sale of buildings before razing a city? I'm not sure but maybe it should.

I've often wondered if we need to deepen the AI's consideration of the value of a city to include how much that 'gift' could become a severe and crippling drain on its economy.

Also... is the downsizing is profitable option able to inhibit the benefit of sale of buildings before razing a city? I'm not sure but maybe it should.
Who said I was RAZING that city?
Well, I was, eventually, but the process above is called RAIDING, mwahahaha!

You absolutely do, its very easy to poison pill AIs on the harder difficulties to get far more gold than you should otherwise with so little effort

Top Bottom