C3C patch inquiry

AlanH said:
I find it *very* hard to believe that Civ3 Complete and its mods care what the name of its containing folder is.

It'd only be an issue if there was a funny or unusual character in the path containing Civ3. Like you, I can't imagine that this would make a difference, unless your account is not an administrator account.

I have a games folder in my HD and inside it is Civ 3 Complete with all the folders needed (Civilization 3 data, etc). Maybe I don't need the patch and I'm doing something wrong :confused: ?

Rekondite said:
I have a games folder in my HD and inside it is Civ 3 Complete with all the folders needed (Civilization 3 data, etc). Maybe I don't need the patch and I'm doing something wrong :confused: ?
The sound problems you originally asked about exist for all of us with Macs. If you search the forum, you'll see it was discussed when C3C first came out. We're all waiting for a patch to let us hear the unit sounds, etc.

Ah okay, I was getting worried there. Now to wait for the patch to come out...

Not to bring this thread to a closure, but to make it more complete... :D

The patch has arrived!

Thread
Download.

I am trying to load Civ3 on my iBook G4 and I get the error message about file :./art/amimations/cursor/cursor.ini being missing?

Hello, welcome :wavey:

I assume that "amimations" is a typo?

Have you installed any mods?

If not, have you looked in your Civ3 application folder to see if /Art/Animations/Cursor/cursor.ini is present? If you are running the old Mac Soft version then /Art/ is in the top level folder, /Civilization III/. If you are running Civ3 Complete then it's in /Civ III Complete/Civilization 3 Game Data.

If that file is not present, or if any of the containing folders is missing, then your installation is corrupt and you'll have to reinstall the Civ3 software.

Top Bottom