C3C PBEM: "Waterloo"

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
**GAME LOOKING FOR PLAYERS**

WARNING: THE GAME SHOULD ONLY START IN THE MID OF JANUARY!
But u can sign up now if you want.

This will be a costum scenario based on the Napoleonic Wars Civ Scenario. It will be very close to the basic with some changes to make it a bit different.

PLAYERS
1. Prussia: - Knutis -
2. Russia: - OPEN -
3. France: - Luthor? -
4. England: - OPEN -
5. Ottomans: - Pinman -
6. Austria: - AI -
7. Spain: AI
8. Sweden: AI

HOUSE RULES
- No razing. Selling all improvements allowed.
- No trade of any kind with AI on turn0.
- Cities with units can not be traded. Cities without units inside can be traded.
- Non-military units can not be used to block landings.
- Military units can be used to block landings, but all coastal cities must have at least 1 empty tile next to it for possible desembarks.

SPECIFIC CHANGES
- Change in the VP logic: increased for locations, decreased for unit killing.
- There is a new amphibious unit available (to all except GB and France).
- The Army unit will only be able to carry 1/2 units.
- Prussia, Austria, Russia and the Ottoman's initial Army increased.
- Naples and Portugal merged into GB.
- Denmark&Norway merged intro France.
- AI nations 'beefed up'.
- Naval Academy is an unbuilt GREAT Wonder which gives +1 mp and gives a frigate every 6 turns.
- Some of the Military Techs are not tradeable (but they can be stolen!). This was done in the Biq file so you can trade all the techs you are allowed to (some you just won't be able to trade).
- more to follow... but not soon...

I would certainly like to join this.

Can I have the Ottoman Empire?:D

Pinman

I could be interested as Britain (only civ I have never played in PBEM) but I have lots of game already so if you have someone else in mind let him have it.

Some of your modifications (BTW you did mean "custom" didn't you ? :p ) seem definitely ok except for two I don't quite understand.
Reducing the VP for unit killing and increasing it for locations will give a strong advantage to countries that have lots of them already and could limit warfare (albeit with human players... :p ). On the other hand it would probably increase the strategic aspect of wars directed at these locations...

the other is about the amphibious unit. Why prevent Britain and France from having them ? To limit such actions in the Channel ? For the other civs I am not sure I see the need of such a unit I must say.

Overall it seems you give much more power to the civs that aren't France and England. I understand perfectly the need to beef up Spain (in-between) or Prussia (that needs an UU if it is played by a human). For Russia, Austria and Ottomans I am not so sure. In most games I have played these civs are strong enough. Don't forget that unlike France and England they have no permanent war so they can build up, negociate etc... They sure are week in the case of an alliance against them (ex. Russia + Austria vs Ottomans) but other than that they are usually quite strong (true all the more when they can occupy a weak Prussia), at least Russia which is often real strong in most games I have played.

Just my 2 cents...

lurker's comment:
I'm interested in the BIQ you have developed. I'm working on a scenario based on the Napoleonic one albeit on a newly designed map (with two large inland seas) with fictional nations.
I'm adding Guerrilas and Horse Artillery as well as Feudal and Facist governments (there are no locked wars) along with a much expanded tech tree.
I do however agree that Russia is already very strong (2 UUs) in this one. I'm not sure I understand what you have done to armies though :confused:

Top Bottom