C3C Scenario/Mod: Rising Sun

1702 – China declares war on America. Not significant since, they rarely travel across the Pacific.

1710 – India declares war on America. See above.
Koreans demand horses from Japan. I decline and have no fear of going up aginst their 2 city empire. :lol: The Koreans declare war.

1716 – Koreans get batttered from the Fire Cannons along the border. However, they land 3 Missionaries outside of Hokkaido. They are soon eliminated.

1722 – 32 Gold and Terr. Map paid to Egypt for tribute. At this point there are not enough Japanese Cavalry to launch an attack on Korea. Nonetheless, the Koreans are getting killed by our Cannons and Muskets. :D

1725 – The war with the Koreans is over, just when I was getting some Cavlary. I think I shall have a go at them, at a later date to finish them off.

1731 – HUGE # of German Riflemen and Guerillas spotted outside Neopolis. It’s about 50!!! Shall it be war with the Germans……………………..

Those Germans seem to be quite active aren't they? :) Better be careful. I guess a showdown between the Americans, Chinese and the Indians is inevitable at some point, but maybe it is still too early...

The Germans continue to hang around, while I send a limited number of reinforcements to Neopolis.

1737 – Incredibly, the Germans now declare war on the Byzantines!!! :)

1740 – The large German forces are now finally leaving the Neopolis area. :D Could they have thought the Byzantines are weaker than Japan. Also, the Indians have jumped in and declared war on the Germans.

1743 – Zulu declares war on the Germans

1752 - Germans demand spices from Japan. We pay them. :mad:
Egypt, Iroquois declare war on the Germans. [dance] A dog-pile is building!

1755 – Finally, what I have been waiting for, the Chinese have declared war on Germany. :D
OK, Now that the Chinese have entered the war against Germany, I’m definitely jumping in. I’m still giving them Spices, but not for long. Also, it’s time to take back the city of Shimonoseki from them Germans. It rightfully belongs to JAPAN!!! We’ll see what happens.

Sounds like perfect timing! :D Perhaps the Byzantines refused to pay? In any case, some of the others might have realized that such a stack of German Infantry could only mean trouble. :) Good luck with your liberation of Shimonoseki!

By the way, how advanced is the technology at this time? Anyone having something beyond Infantry?

The most advance units in the game so far have been Infantry and Cruiser units. Looking at the city graphics, I can see that the Germans and Indians have both reached the Modern Age.

I changed my mind on attacking German Shimonoseki, after seeing their Infantry fortified inside. I had a feeling it would be my Cavalry who'll be slaughtered.

1764 - Carthage declared war on Germany and England (whom is basically Australia now).

Even worse for the English is that Australia has now been breached, by Indians in the north and Egyptians in the south. Also the Germans are getting pounded.

1785 - America demands Silks from Japan. I refuse and it's WAR! I think this is either the 3rd or 4th war with America. And not 1 unit has died ever!

The Germans continue to get pounded. :)

1797 - Romans declare war on Germany, whom at this point are only a shell of what they used to be. And on this year, the Chinese marched into Shimonoseki, defeated the Germans and burned the town to the ground. Amongst the ruins I shall rebuilt a rightful Japanese city. :D

Here is the map of 1800! Notice the Iroquois have thrusted into America, there are also several destroyed towns in the border area, from both sides. Also the siuation with the Germans, I don't think they will be able to hold on to their European lands.

Attachments

• rs03.jpg
    rs03.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 308
Yes, the game is full of surprises. Who would have imagined that the peaceful Indians would start taking over English Australia, or that the last stand of the Germans in Europe might be Britain! :D

I think you need some tanks soon. :) Or why not some attack helicopters? Those should be especially nice for Japan... How far from the modern era are you?

@Pawel I downloaded your scenario properly but when I try to scroll down on the civlopedia or try to start a game it says something is missing and exits.

If you unzipped the three download files (main, art1, art2) in the Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios directory, nothing should be missing. You will then have two .biq files in that directory, and the rest in a subdirectory called Rising Sun (with subdirectories of its own). Although you don't remember the exact error message, from what you write it seems that some of the icon files are not in the right place. Could you try again? It could be as simple as that you supressed the flag for subdirectories when you unzipped the files...

EDIT: I tested re-installing the latest version at home, and it worked fine. If you are not sure, just follow the instructions in the install.txt file. Also, if you have downloaded the [ptw] extension, remember to apply it after the other three files have been unzipped.

Good luck!

Nope still not working when I try to load the game it says the Joman Warrior graphic is missing and exits.

When I tried redownloading your 1st art pack it said the file was invalid and courroupted.

The Jomon Warrior is in art pack 2. Could you check that you do have a directory called:
..\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Rising Sun\Art\Units\Jomon Warrior
The icons for the Jomon Warrior should be in the directory:
..\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Rising Sun\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Units
If these directories do not appear to have the proper contents, please try to unzip the art files again in the
..\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios
directory. If it still doesn't work, post again! :)

It sounds strange that you cannot open art pack 1, though. I have no problems doing so with WinZip 8.1, and I just downloaded the version that is online. On the other hand, you really need all the art, so unless this unpacking problem can be solved, the scenario will not work...

EDIT: You can also try to download the files from Apolyton. Maybe you will have more luck there?

Well, your picture is nice, but I can't see the full path... :) The directory only shows the contents of art pack 2, however, so at least it is not where you have art pack 1...

EDIT: The main file also has unit directories for Artillery, Cruise Missile, Explorer, Helicopter, Napoleonic Musketman, and Radar Artillery. At least these should appear in the same place if you have extracted art pack 2 to the Conquests\Scenarios directory. If you do, all the subdirectories are created in the right place automatically!

I’m so far away from the modern age, I’m too embarrassed to say. I should’ve played on Monarchy! :crazyeye:

1802 – Rome declares war on Zulu and Indians.

1804 – Bizen built on the ruins of shimonoseki. :D
Egypt declares war on Carthage. The battle for Africa. :)

1806 – Egypt declares war on India.
Now, India declares war on Korea. Very soon after that, I got the message “the rampaging Indian forces have destroyed the Koreans.” :eek: All in 1 turn.

1810 – Nothing happened in this year, but while trying to go into 1812, the game froze. :( It’s on the “…please wait” thing forever, during the AI’s turn. :mad: The good news is, I can assure you, there is nothing wrong with the scenario! This has happened before when I play games with too many civs. :rant: :mad:

Nonetheless, here’s the link to the .SAV game. Consider it a succession game.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Rising_Sun-SAV.zip

Yes, I see your point. It took me 5 minutes to load it on my 500MHz Pentium III (with 256MB RAM)! I guess we'll have to recruit someone with a faster computer to finish the play testing. :) In that case it would be nice, of course, to start at the beginning to see what effects the changes introduced as a consequence of your comprehensive test had!

Top Bottom