C3C Scenario/Mod: Rising Sun

I played only a few more turns, but they were very looooong and action packed.

1460 - Yokohama in the South Pacific falls to English Knights. China announces an alliance with Germany to declare war on me. I'm not mad, since I knew it would happen eventually.

1465 - Shiminoseki falls to Germans in Northern Japan.

1470 - Matsuyama in the South Pacific falls to Chinese.
Kyoto in Northern Japan is burned to the ground by the Mongolian Keshik.

I have actually repelled two attacks by the English in other South Pacific cities, but it's still bad.

1 Observation
The cost between the Samurai and Oda Arquebusier is very slim. In almost all cities the difference is only 1 turn.

Here's a screenie of the situation up north, notice the Chinese have yet to arrive.

Attachments

• rs01.jpg
    rs01.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 462
Sounds like all worries come at once. Perhaps the Emperor level did become tougher with time after all... The new German units look cool though, if I may say so myself. :) I look forward to hearing how things develop further!

I also just posted version 2.34. It adds a new wonder and some minor changes, including zero range bombard for the Oda Arquebusier. I thought adding a new capability was better than changing the cost, since the Samurai should not be too expensive compared to the Nakamaro Horeseman and the Oda Arquebusier not too cheap compared to the Minamoto Samurai or Ashigaru Spearman. I also adjusted the time line. It is now:
200 BC - 1200 AD: 10 years per turn
1200 - 1600: 5
1600 - 1870: 3
1870 - 2000: 2
2000+ : 1
In addition to keeping better pace with the civilization advances, this is more in line with important events in Japanese history.

The new changes sound good.

I forgot to add that the Iroquois and Russians had also joined in. :(

1480 – Sachalin is burned to the ground by the Germans.
Peace Treaty with Germans is signed, it only cost me 580 Gold.

1485 – Sapporo in the South Pacific falls to the English. Iroquoian Knights land outside our city of Neopolis. However, I am able to sign Peace Treaty with them, for only 200 Gold. Neopolis is saved!

About 7 Chinese Ships are continually bombarding my cities in the Pacific. I have stopped all research, as the very survival of Japan is now at stake. Also, the idiot citizens of Japan have chosen a nice time to begin rioting. :rant: :mad:

1495 - I’m able to make a new city in the ruins of Sachalin, the cities name is Suo.

1503 – I have 3 cities located far away, near present-day French Polynesia. I’m not really getting anything out of them, so I turn over 1 city each to the Chinese, English, and Mongolians. I am no longer at war, with anybody important. :)

Great News! The people of Yokohama in the South Pacific have overthrown their English oppressors.

Here’s the new World Map, notice the Americans doing heavy damage in South America.

Attachments

• rs02.jpg
    rs02.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 416
Looks like your diplomacy worked! Congratulations! Maybe you'll win at Emperor level after all. :) By the way, what kind of ships did the Chinese use to harass you? I added a few, e.g. the Galleass and the Ship-of-the-Line, and it would be fun to know if they were actually used. However, it could be that the Chinese are a little too advanced now if they are already in the industrial era...

The Chinese navy consisted of Ship-of-the-Line only. The English did have a Galleass (funny word :D) and 1, or 2 S-o-t-Line.

I'm was quite surprised to see the Chinese navy, sooooo much bigger than the English.

I believe the Chinese have entered the Industrial Age, only recently. :) But I'm not sure.

Anyway, next report should be in a few days.

Well, maybe the Chinese planned to go East... ;) I look forward to the new report! :) In the meantime, I have re-worked some of the infantry flavor units for the industrial era a little in version 2.36. The changes should not make a huge impact on game play, though. It is mainly so that there is something more to it than just different animations...

I've played halfway through the 1500's! Not a whole lot of action involving Japan.

In 1527, I had to pay some tribute to Carthage. I was happy to do so. In that same year a major developement, as the Germans declared war on the English.

1533 - Persia declared war on the English.

1536 - Iroquois declared war on the English. Also, I have incredibably been able to build my first Great WOnder! :D the Bayeux Tapestry. I have no idea why the other more advance nations passed this one up.

In conclusion, the English are at war with many nations, but they are worthless to name. The big nations at war with them are the Germans, Persian and Iroquois. So far, I have not seen a single English city fall. Also, the Chinese-Persian war continues, these guys have been fighting for a VERY long time.

Congratulations! Since the tapestry depicts the battle of Hastings (the last invasion of England), perhaps they were saving it until after the war. :) Or maybe they simply did not have any victorious armies? I any case, I think it will look just as fine in Japan as in Normandie. ;)

I don’t think I’ve written this before, but in Tokyo I built the Step Pyramid, which allows the city to grow past 7 without Aqueduct. But the city governor is continually demanding that I built the Aqueduct, even though Tokyo is now size 12. LOL, I’m not sure if this can be fixed though??? Anyways……………..

1554 – I pay 54 Gold and Terr. Map to Germans for tribute.

1557 – Byzantines declare war on English.

1566 – Germany declares war on Persia. Bad news for Persia.
America and Persia sign MPP. Very interesting.
America declares war on Chinese and Germans.
Persia declares war on Byzantines.

1572 – India declares war on America.
Rome declares war on Persia & America.
Egypt declares war on England.

1578 – India declares war on England.
China declares war on England. It will be interesting to see how the English fare. I should note that so far, the English have not lost anything.
Many other small nations are also in on the dogpile against England.

1584 – Iroquois declare war on America. NICE!, I shall watch the borders of North America closely.

1593 – The Persians are gone! Well not completely, they still have 2 one-tile island cities in the South Atlantic.

1599 – There are 7.622.000 people in Japan, 7th largest in the world. Japan is also the 7th largest land mass in the world.

Here is the world map, notice the Americans are close to wiping the Incans out of South America. But this could change with the Iroquois situation.

Attachments

• rs03.jpg
    rs03.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 402
Very exciting developments! I am very pleased with the fact that more or less random alliances determine who makes it and who perishes in Asia. This should mean that on one hand there is considerable potential for replayability (since things will be different the next time), and that Japan actually can tip the balance. Player choices should thus influence the outcome more than it may seem. Still, so far the feeling of how the civilizations have developed does not appear totally unrealistic. Russia, for instance, always claimed to be the 3rd Rome, pointing out its Byzantine religious heritige. Well, here they have the real thing. :D And I noticed that you now have more points than China!

As to the Step Pyramid, I guess that the Aqueduct complaint is hard coded. Maybe it is time for a bug report... BTW, does the same thing happen is you build Shakespeare's Theater? It does, after all, replace the hospital.

Not sure about Shakespeare Theater, I haven't actually played the 'Epic Game' since I got Conquests. It's been all scenarios for me.

Now, my military has improved very much now. And with my Ship of the Line, I decided to go on a little 'adventure' in Hawai'i. However, I discovered that my Ship of the Line are unable to 'Bombard'. The special action button is not there. Also when I hit the 'b' on my keyboard, it still doesn't bring up the target thingy. I think the 'b' key is for Bombard.

I've seen the AI bombard, but I don't know how I'm supposed to do it.

You are absolutely right! I missed checking the bombard action for the Ship of the Line. I will fix that immediately. As for the AI, it could be that it interfaces this in a different way, for instance by checking the bombard range value. All other parameters are set as they should, so it might work.

Nonetheless, I shall play on with my disadvantaged SotL. :cry:

There are so many wars now, that I will only mention the ones, which involve bordering nations. Personally, I was getting bored just watching everyone else at war, so I did something about it. I decided to go after the very weak Vikings. All of their few cities are in Greenland/ Canada, with 1 city in Hawai’i. I rounded up my Japanese Cavalry and set sail to the east.

1602 - The dogpile on America grows.

1620 – Mongols declare war on China. Now why would they want to commit suicide?

1623 – Byzantines declare war on Mongols.

1629 – War with the Vikings, as my troops land in Hawai’i.

1632 – Ancient units in the city of Hareid are killed and the city falls. :) The war would end near after this, with no further harm done.

1638 – I am now seeing Infantry, Guerilla and Cruiser units in the South Pacific.

At this point it is very clear that the Mongols are on the brink of extinction, by the Chinese.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion, there are many 1 tile island cities spread throughout the world. I haven’t noticed many units with the ‘amphibious attack’ tag on. In fact, I haven’t seen any. I would recommend more units, at least in the Middle Ages with the ‘amphibious attack’, so that these cities are not invulnerable. So far, the Russians, Persians, Aztecs, Maya and soon-to-join Mongols will survive, only because of these cities, when they should really be all dead.

Yes, Hawaii sounds like a nice place to take. :D And if you are patient, you can upgrade your SotL to a cruiser...

You have a good point about amphibious units. I am not sure which units would be the most suitable, though.

EDIT: In version 2.38 the Explorer, which has an attack of 1, can now make amphibious assaults so that empty cities can be taken easily when the Caravel is invented. With Navigation comes a Naval Infantry unit with ADM of 5.3.1 and a cost of 90. The latter may seem a little excessive, considering that the 3.5.1 Musket Infantry costs 60, but such island cities are probably not very well defended anyway. Perhaps it could lowered eventually.

Originally posted by Pawel
.............With Navigation comes a Naval Infantry unit with ADM of 5.3.1 and a cost of 90. The latter may seem a little excessive, considering that the 3.5.1 Musket Infantry costs 60, but such island cities are probably not very well defended anyway. Perhaps it could lowered eventually.

Looks good. Navigation tech sounds like the best place to put the new unit in. Let's hope the AI knows what to do with them. And I think it does. :)

Next week will be a VERY busy week in school. I most likely won’t be able to play many turns, until maybe Saturday. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven’t mentioned this before, but since the time of the wars I had with the English, Germans, Chinese. I have had English Knights occupying 2 islands right next to my cities. But with my Japanese Cavalries and the English fighting against everone else, the time to kick them out is fast approaching. From Hawai’i, our Viking War veterens are sent out to 2 different locations to confront those occupiers.

1650 – 57 Gold and Terr. Map payed to the Germans in tribute. Bismarck even called me “an excellent boot-licker” :lol:

1659 – Mongols are now gone from Asia. 1-tile island city in the Pacific remains.

1668 – I demand the English withdraw their troops. Not surprisingly the declare war on me. War with the English. Very easily all 4 Knights are driven from our holy lands.

Persia and their 2 ocean cities declares war on Japan. LOL

1674 – Mongols and their 1 ocean city declares war on Japan. LOL

1680 – Incas declares war on Japan. I have just noticed that the Incas have been completely kicked out of the continental South America. Only 2 ocean cities remain. LOL

I’m now in the 1700’s, Japan has made peace with all of these nations. Very little action involved, except the English took out a couple of my SotL.

Here is the map in 1700’s, I haven’t detected much of a change in North America. It looks like a real stalemate. Also, notice how much bigger China is with the Mongolians gone, and a couple of English cities in the Pacific taken.

Attachments

• rs01.jpg
    rs01.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 357
Well, RL always should have priority! :) But your last report seems rather dramatic! Is looks like China and America really dominate the picture. From you map I also noticed that the Germans have completed their conquest of Britain, and England is now reduced to its Pacific holdings. Your strategy of liberating some of their territory sounds very sound indeed. :D

In any case, it seems that the race between Japan, England, Germany, India, and the Iroquois is quite open. The Byzantines, Egyptians, Carthagians, and Zulus also seem to be doing resonably well. I am a little surprised at the Romans, whose initial territory is still intact. One would imagine that they would be easy prey for the Germans or Byzantines. Maybe they are good diplomats?

I look forward to see what happens next!

Forgot about the conquest of Britain! I should note that the IBT time is getting quite long, hence why so few turns. Anyway, I think I shall get a few turns in Thursday.

Top Bottom