Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by player1 fanatic, Mar 31, 2004.
Yes! *downloads before server crashes*
Warning: unlike all previous patches this one doesn't support games saved in older versions. Must be because of changes in the tech tree.
Must finish my current game first...
I took the liberty to compare v1.15 and v1.20 change lists and here are the 1.20 only changes:
* Railroads will always appear under captured cities if you have Steam Power.
* PBEM Games can not be loaded in Single Player
* PBEM: v1.20 Games can not be loaded on earlier versions. Earlier saves can STILL be loaded in v1.20
* PBEM: Previous players Civ can no longer be seen when loading a PBEM game
* Histograph keeps tracking defeated Civs
* Electronics requirement removed from Motorized Transportation
* Radio Tech removed
* Civil Defense requires Electronics
* Advanced Flight now requires Electronics
* Radar Towers require Advanced Flight
* MPTournament: Tiny & Small maps can be played with 8 players
* MPTournament: Map sets Oceans to 40%
* MPTournament: Map Trading moved back to Map Making
* MPTournament: Enkidu cost raised to 15
* MPTournament: Ancient Cavalry defense lowered from 2 to 1
* MPTournament: Captured cities retain culture
* MPTournament: Turn slices lowered from 24(base)/3(per-city)/1(per-unit) to 16/2/1
* MP: City goodie hut spawns are not possible in Elimination Mode
* Implemented Allow Scientific Leaders Rule
Thanks for the rundown Player1! I just wish they fixed the subs too.
Can someone start a new game with this patch and tell me if you get the right industrial age tech tree?
I think you need to delete the Conquests\Art\Advisors\science_industrial.pcx for the tech tree background graphics to display properly.
Goody! Now to do some checking out of some stuff.
There is absolutely nothing on that list that makes me want to download this patch.
Thanks for sharing that with us.
Railroad and PBEM fixes make me more then happy...
And tracking defeated Civ's is also good.
The third age of all conquests is messed up too.
Rename science_industrial.pcx to science_industrial_new.pcx in their scenario folders to make them show the proper tech tree background.
Only US English as of yet, grumble-grumble ...
Moderator Action: Stickied!
This is good news. Thank you for the information.
I don't know why Radio has been removed...
Hopefully they will tell us.
I don't know this for a fact, but here's a collection of reasons of why I suspect they removed the Radio:
With the removal of Electronics from Motorized Transportation, the lower branch of the tech tree became less improtant than it was before. Therefore, you expect fewer players to choose to research Electronics first than before, and even fewer players to research the Radio anything but last. A technology which would be consistently researched last became expendable.
The lower branch of the tech tree became unconnected from the upper branch for four whole technologies (Scientific Method to Radio), that didn't offer many benefits if you lost the race to the big two Wonders of the age. That just looked weird.
Before this patch, Advanced Flight was not researched often enough, so the addition of Radar Towers makes this tech more valuable.
C3C added two more technologies to the Industrial Age (Fascism and Ironclads), so the period became too long.
"corrected splash screen image for scourge of God in Fall of Rome scenario"...
What?! I loved seeing the Pentagon as the Scourge of God!
Separate names with a comma.