C5- What does the picture show?

What does the picture on C5 look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going by the picture in the OP, it does indeed appear to be an animal skin, with two clearly visible pointy ears ( looks life a wolf skin).

The figure appears to be shirtless, with his arms & chest visible (and same tone as his face). A paw comes down over his shoulders.

It's impossible to say anything specific about the picture. We can see what looks like a hat of some kind, a face, a beard and weird bumps, but that's all. Until we actually find the match (which, given the amount of time and energy that has been fruitlessly spent on it, we probably never will).

However, that's not going to stop any of us from needlessly speculating! I would like to propose the rather off-the-wall choice of Shah Abbas, based not on C5 but upon this picture seen in one of the dev videos:

Spoiler :

The only problem is that no pictures of him that I can find match C5. But, I will remain hopeful nonetheless :p.

Well.. this is what I see in the blurry picture. If its too blurry for me to identify my mind naturally fill in details it want to see.. :lol:

Attachments

• FsRd9z2.jpg
    FsRd9z2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 94
It's impossible to say anything specific about the picture. We can see what looks like a hat of some kind, a face, a beard and weird bumps, but that's all. Until we actually find the match (which, given the amount of time and energy that has been fruitlessly spent on it, we probably never will).

However, that's not going to stop any of us from needlessly speculating! I would like to propose the rather off-the-wall choice of Shah Abbas, based not on C5 but upon this picture seen in one of the dev videos:

Spoiler :

The only problem is that no pictures of him that I can find match C5. But, I will remain hopeful nonetheless :p.

Could well be him. I looked at how he was depicted in a CIV V mod and if you see the white fur applications on his shoulders,they may be visible also in "C5" . If you imagine the figure being a bit closer to the background ( the inner wall of the maidan ) it might also explain the background structures seen in "C5" :

AbbasI.jpg

Interesting is the variety in style of the turban in the depictions of him. This one fits best to the one I "see" :

AbbasII.jpg

Unfortunately , "C5" seems to be already Firaxis work, so it might be impossible to find something that actually matches this picture closely. Also, the "bumps" are somewhat difficult to explain. Tbh, I don`t think it will be possible to positively identify this leader until he (she ? ) is revealed.

Spoiler :

which video did that come from???

Could well be him. I looked at how he was depicted in a CIV V mod and if you see the white fur applications on his shoulders,they may be visible also in "C5" . If you imagine the figure being a bit closer to the background ( the inner wall of the maidan ) it might also explain the background structures seen in "C5" :

View attachment 410254

Interesting is the variety in style of the turban in the depictions of him. This one fits best to the one I "see" :

View attachment 410255

Unfortunately , "C5" seems to be already Firaxis work, so it might be impossible to find something that actually matches this picture closely. Also, the "bumps" are somewhat difficult to explain. Tbh, I don`t think it will be possible to positively identify this leader until he (she ? ) is revealed.

Indeed- it's all baseless speculation at this stage, unless someone stumbles over C5 (which is presuming that it isn't Firaxis work).

(That latter picture is Abbas II, not Abbas the Great, btw :p).

Could be Norse, it's the right part of the alphabet...

Also he looks like he's looking directly at the camera and off to the left the whole perspective changes.

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Two posts by same user in rapid succession merged

Indeed- it's all baseless speculation at this stage, unless someone stumbles over C5 (which is presuming that it isn't Firaxis work).

(That latter picture is Abbas II, not Abbas the Great, btw :p).

According to the source ,the picture shown is dated ca. 1618 A.D. So,if it wasn´t painted by a guy with quite solid precognition skills, it should depict Abbas I.
Perhaps I shouldn´t have named the pictures "AbbasI" and "AbbasII " ;)

Spoiler :

Damn, that really fits! Even better, it doesn't need to be confirmed Saladin as he looked quite different. He weared different hat thingy and didn't have that magnificent mustache (clesrly seen on this gameplay video)

Damn, that really fits! Even better, it doesn't need to be confirmed Saladin as he looked quite different. He weared different hat thingy and didn't have that magnificent mustache (clesrly seen on this gameplay video)

The thing is Montezuma in game doesn't look anything like his portrait (unfortunately). For the same reason that image could just as easily be Saladin.

According to the source ,the picture shown is dated ca. 1618 A.D. So,if it wasn´t painted by a guy with quite solid precognition skills, it should depict Abbas I.
Perhaps I shouldn´t have named the pictures "AbbasI" and "AbbasII " ;)

Ah. I am clearly an idiot :D.

The thing is Montezuma in game doesn't look anything like his portrait (unfortunately). For the same reason that image could just as easily be Saladin.

But the picture really doesn't look like Saladin, or any variant upon him. The Montezuma picture is definitely based on the Montezuma portrait, albeit heavily cartoonised; the leader in the bubble has none of Saladin's features in any portrait.

It could concievably be an Ottoman, but those moustaches are pretty distinctive...

EDIT: Ack, sorry for the double-post :/.

Could be it! Persia! :goodjob:

(only that the blurry pic is misleading then, perhaps it reflects an earlier plan - and Firaxis then changed concept to Abbas...?)

Nobody is thinking that it could be a Mayan leader? I'd find it extremely sad if Civ VI only had one native American civilization, and even zero for a long while for those who don't preorder it.

So no one guessed right?
:shake: Shamefur dispray!

At least some did guess the correct country like tmacdec and sonicandfffan and maybe some others too.

By the way we didn't yet find the image which was used for Harald Hardrade. I assume it is this one:

Could be Norse, it's the right part of the alphabet...

Also he looks like he's looking directly at the camera and off to the left the whole perspective changes.

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Two posts by same user in rapid succession merged

You were right! And isn't that Civ 4 leader head supposed to be Hardrada as well?

Top Bottom