Can anyone recommend a laptop for Civ4?

PugFugly

Chieftain
I'm looking to buy a new laptop computer soon and would like to find one that can run Civ4 well. Does anyone have experiences with a good laptop to run this game?

Dell Inspiron XPS Extreme Gaming Laptop 9100 Alienware $$$$$ just joking there,
but really just look at the game system requirements?

Really, just get anything with a decent dedicated GPU - like an X700 or Go 6800 - and assuming you have a fast disk and decent amount of RAM you'll be fine.

I have an older Acer Travelmate 250 (P4 2.8 GHz 1GB ram) It runs with the black map bug... so I'm sure you'll have no problems at all eventually with anything new.

BadBob233 said:
I have an older Acer Travelmate 250 (P4 2.8 GHz 1GB ram) It runs with the black map bug... so I'm sure you'll have no problems at all eventually with anything new.

Actually, that is incorrect - a vast majority of new laptops STILL come with the intel 8xxxx video chipset which does NOT support Hardware TnL.

At the end of the day, call the vendor - make SURE that the chipset supports *HARDWARE Transform and Lighting*

Everything else is gravy - recommend 1gb of ram etc...

--Randall

I have the following laptop that runs Civ 4 well (but i had to reinstall my video drivers first)

HP Pavillion zd8000
3.2 G P4 processor HT
2 gigs ram (even with 512 mb this machine was nice)
256 Meg X600 ATI video (with all the rendering stuff needed for the big shooters etc)
17 inch widescreen
60 Gig HD ( i would get the 7200 RPM drive i didnt and am regretting that)
DVD burner (very nice)
Built in wired/wireless networking and dial up modem
Built in 5 in 1 media card reader
Harmon Cardon audio (real nice)
Full keyboard with num pad -- great for shooters etc
and more
tons of dvd, audio and picture software

Except for the 2 gig ram -- paid 1700$

Hope this helps

Corey

It is b

Top Bottom